Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I have this crazy idea of creating a website in which YLB, LM, and myself all review the same album on the same day at the same time, and then post them on that website. But then I realized that would take time, and that LM already reviews on epinions, and that it's much easier (and probably more fun) to just come here to discuss them.

I'm going to go eat something.

Um.

YES.

Maybe work in a reference to how the Patrons of POWERJUICE will spearhead the invasion of Canadia.

You have to go political before you can go POWERJUICE, though. That will be in there.

Also, Sprunk is considered the best alternative to POWERJUICE.

For some reason, I have this crazy idea of creating a website in which YLB, LM, and myself all review the same album on the same day at the same time, and then post them on that website. But then I realized that would take time, and that LM already reviews on epinions, and that it's much easier (and probably more fun) to just come here to discuss them.

I would be interested in this. We can do one-line reviews and put a rating down.

Like, for you,

"KIDA = SHT"

I would be interested in this. We can do one-line reviews and put a rating down.

Like, for you,

"KIDA = SHT"

I figured it would be something like: each album has its own page, and at the top there's the tracklisting and our overall grades. Below, you can read each of our full thoughts.

I think having three opinions on something is about as many as you'd want anyway.

I figured it would be something like: each album has its own page, and at the top there's the tracklisting and our overall grades. Below, you can read each of our full thoughts.

I think having three opinions on something is about as many as you'd want anyway.

So it'll be a funnier, updated version of this, basically:

David Bowie

Khan, I do hope you've checked your Wikipedia page in the last few minutes.

Hell yes.

I do hope the version of TSMS is one with Stars Die.

It's the extended version that has nine tracks, including three versions of the title track and two of something with the word Moon in it.

Somewhat, yes. Hopefully we're a little more generous to our man David Bowie, though.

The 3.5 stars for Low was pretty funny.

What kind of scale do you want to use for grading? I nominate letter grades to remove the decimal point issue.

The 3.5 stars for Low was pretty funny.

What kind of scale do you want to use for grading? I nominate letter grades to remove the decimal point issue.

That's fine as long as we clear up whether there are E's or not. I can't remember what the norm is. My school uses A, B, C, E, and F, skipping D.

It's the extended version that has nine tracks, including three versions of the title track and two of something with the word Moon in it.

You have the two disc remastered version.

The first disc is the original album as released in the UK and other parts of the world.

However, when released in the US for the first time, they added Stars Die after The Sky Moves Sideways, Phase 1. And that's the best version of the album. Why the remastered version puts it as part of the bonus disc is mindboggling.

When you listen to it, if you can, move Stars Die.

The other songs on the second disc are not part of the actual album (although an edit of Moonloop was also included at one point, and while I thought that adding Moonloop would work, I think I prefer the really long version on its own).

Ah, cool. The Alternate Version of the title track is essentially the two separate phases put together, though it does have some differences.

For a first time listen, I'd probably recommend just listening to the first five tracks (i.e. TSMS Phase 1, Dislocated Day, The Moon Touches Your Shoulder, Prepare Yourself, and TSMS Phase 2), Stars Die, and the shorter Moonloop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom