Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny is what you make it.

Correct.

As long as Screwy continues to use faulty reasoning as an excuse for his behavior, his actions will never be reasonable to others that are working on a logical wavelength.

Perhaps "impossible to understand" is just code for "illogical".

Kid A: Final Report Card

Good
1. Optimistic

Above Average
2. How to Disappear Completely
3. Idioteque

Average
4. In Limbo
5. Morning Bell
6. Motion Picture Soundtrack

Meh
7. Treefingers

Bad
8. The National Anthem
9. Kid A
10. Everything in Its Right Place

Kid A: Final Report Card

Good
1. Optimistic

Above Average
2. How to Disappear Completely
3. Idioteque

Average
4. In Limbo
5. Morning Bell
6. Motion Picture Soundtrack

Meh
7. Treefingers

Bad
8. The National Anthem
9. Kid A
10. Everything in Its Right Place

About a C- then, if we're following this report card analogy?

Perfect example.

Screwy assumes that anyone disagreeing with him just doesn't understand him and that he's right and they just don't get it. Thus, anytime someone disagrees with him, they fall into that category, and he can dismiss their disagreement as just a lack of understanding. He can't be wrong, under this logic.
:yes:

to me, saying you don't understand me is just a cop out, which has already been stated. sure, tons of people don't get other people, but then you explain your point and hopefully some light has been shed. everyone feels misunderstood at some point, from being in a discussion and you think someone's misinterpreted what you've said, to having that feeling no one gets you. but you just have to get over it and try to get people to understand where you're coming from.

Well, it's still a mess, but now it's at least got some context rather than just being a single disjointed sentence in cyberspace: Rail privatisation in New Zealand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Who's shocked by the topic!)
:wave:

actually, i'd be more shocked if you weren't editing something about nz rail.

Perfect example.

Screwy assumes that anyone disagreeing with him just doesn't understand him and that he's right and they just don't get it. Thus, anytime someone disagrees with him, they fall into that category, and he can dismiss their disagreement as just a lack of understanding. He can't be wrong, under this logic.

No. People don't understand my reasoning not the conclusion neccessarily.

About a C- then, if we're following this report card analogy?

In all seriousness ... I suppose something like that. I've never really catalogued it in my head like that. I try to place them in context against other albums I've listened to. I'm coming up with that list this summer: it's a mix of organizing it and adding to it.

I gotta say, did not make me laugh until Lynch's assistant just materialized, and then I did indeed chortle.

Yeah, the videos aren't great, but have some good chuckle moments. The dead-on impersonation of Lynch does get me though.

Well you can call me arrogant. I admit I am but I can teach more than I can learn from others. The whole world underestimates me but I'm used to it. :shrug:

This is complete horseshit and you know it. Occasionally I feel like I have sufficient knowledge to tutor at university to the level of some of my less notable tutors, but I would never dream that I could teach more than I could learn from others. Let's face facts: just from this thread alone, you can learn more than you can teach from people here (we all can). There's a fucking wealth of knowledge out there, and you're delusional if you think you can teach people more than you can learn from them, on any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom