Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your arrogance is seemingly boundless.

The day where I think I can no longer learn from others is the day I need someone that cares for me to smack my fucking face and give me the reality check I'd need and appreciate.

You want to tell me that you don't like being cooped up in a classroom, I'll buy it; school is not for everyone. But, you've got A LOT to learn, Screw, trust me.

Pwned.

I have been told numerous times that I'm an arrogant prick, but I even I would never claim that I couldn't be taught about the important things in life by someone more experienced and knowledgeable.

As a matter of fact, Screwy, posts like yours explain why you tend to dodge arguments during a discussion. It's really important that you show respect for the opinions and experiences of others, because they could really come in handy someday.

Your arrogance is seemingly boundless.

The day where I think I can no longer learn from others is the day I need someone that cares for me to smack my fucking face and give me the reality check I'd need and appreciate.

You want to tell me that you don't like being cooped up in a classroom, I'll buy it; school is not for everyone. But, you've got A LOT to learn, Screw, trust me.

Well you can call me arrogant. I admit I am but I can teach more than I can learn from others. The whole world underestimates me but I'm used to it. :shrug:

Well you can call me arrogant. I admit I am but I can teach more than I can learn from others. The whole world underestimates me but I'm used to it. :shrug:

Brushing off every constructive criticism of you as the world "underestimating" you or "not understanding" you is probably the single stupidest thing you consistently do.

I'm having a tough time deciding which is worse: Everything in Its Right Place or Kid A.

I'm not sure if repeated listens would help these tracks.

Screw, I'd wager that you probably do have things you can teach people. I am not even talking about or questioning that. I'm just saying that if you think that you have NOTHING left to learn then you're misguided and stunting your own growth and potential. Keep your eyes and ears and mind open, that's all I'm saying.

I'll share something with you, just to show you that I care:

I really enjoy the Bee Gees song "How Deep is your Love". I admit it freely.

The National Anthem at least seems to have discernible instruments so far.
they covered the star spangled banner? :giggle:
downsrim.gif

I'm having a tough time deciding which is worse: Everything in Its Right Place or Kid A.

I'm not sure if repeated listens would help these tracks.

Hahahaha...I felt the same way when I first heard the album. I just listed it at #2 for the decade the other day.

Kid A (the song) is absolutely gorgeous.

1. The National Anthem
2. Kid A
3. Everything in Its Right Place

And I don't like any of them on first listen.

THAT THERE
THAT'S NOT ME
I GO
WHERE I PLEASE
I'M NOT HERE
THIS ISN'T HAPPENING

How To Disappear Completely sounded so emo when I first heard it.

I can't help that people don't understand me. :shrug:

Yes, you can. It's cool to have a dissenting opinion, or any opinion for that matter, but it's only respected if you have some reasoning behind it. No one's expecting some FYM-esque type of defense, but just saying "you don't understand me" is the ultimate cop out.

People may not understand my unabashed love for Admiral Ackbar, so I'll explain it to them. If they still don't get it, then that's cool, at least they know why I'm the way that I am.

Screw, I'd wager that you probably do have things you can teach people. I am not even talking about or questioning that. I'm just saying that if you think that you have NOTHING left to learn then you're misguided and stunting your own growth and potential. Keep your eyes and ears and mind open, that's all I'm saying.

I'll share something with you, just to show you that I care:

I really enjoy the Bee Gees song "How Deep is your Love". I admit it freely.

I like that song too. That was a great soundtrack.

Yes, you can. It's cool to have a dissenting opinion, or any opinion for that matter, but it's only respected if you have some reasoning behind it. No one's expecting some FYM-esque type of defense, but just saying "you don't understand me" is the ultimate cop out.

People may not understand my unabashed love for Admiral Ackbar, so I'll explain it to them. If they still don't get it, then that's cool, at least they know why I'm the way that I am.

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I DID need to know that! Not much Dune love on this site.

Which 20 minutes?

"Cha........ akaras!" (thing blows up)

And the section where Paul Atriedes and the chick are on the rock and he has the dream about the floating hand and spice and shit.

How do you feel about the remake coming in a few years?

I can't help that people don't understand me. :shrug:

You actually can change who "you" are.

Especially since this "you" that you formulated is hardheaded and refuses to see things from the perspective of others, which is actually a character flaw, not a personality trait.

Are you saying that you can't work on fixing "your" own flaws? Hmm?

Okay fine. Let's try explaining it then.

"Cha........ akaras!" (thing blows up)

And the section where Paul Atriedes and the chick are on the rock and he has the dream about the floating hand and spice and shit.

How do you feel about the remake coming in a few years?

I feel like Peter Berg is not up to the task, but, we'll see. Even if it sucks, it's not like I can't pop the Lynch version or even the Sci-Fi version into the DVD player.

The chick is Sean Young, from Blade Runner and more recently, an insane asylum.

Wait, you're referring to the scene where they use the Weirding Way to blow shit up using their voices only?

1. How to Disappear Completely
2. Treefingers
3. The National Anthem
4. Kid A
5. Everything in Its Right Place

I feel like Peter Berg is not up to the task, but, we'll see. Even if it sucks, it's not like I can't pop the Lynch version or even the Sci-Fi version into the DVD player.

The chick is Sean Young, from Blade Runner and more recently, an insane asylum.

Wait, you're referring to the scene where they use the Weirding Way to blow shit up using their voices only?

True that.

THAT's Sean Young? Wow, you learn something new everyday. Seeing her in Ace Ventura and Blade Runner back-to-back is almost as funny as seeing Joe Pesci in GoodFellas and Home Alone.

Yes, The Weirding Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom