Gamers Zone - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 02:44 PM
Well I use to not play at all. I would laugh at my husband and son when they would go to LAN parties. Well the last laugh is on me now and I'm hooked.
I don't get to play much but when I do I like to play Battlefield 2 and World of Warcraft. I use to play Far Cry until BF2 came out.
Now my husband is telling me that BF2 Special Forces is coming out on Tueday, guess I will give that a try as well.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:41 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:44 PM
I can't play BF2 due to my graphics cards capabilities, although I still play BF42 now and again due to its sheer playability

Old 10-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by daafish

We had a shit load of games for the Commodore 64. A few of my favortites were Pirates, Legacy of the Ancients, and the Bards Tale series.
Penguin Adventure!!!!!

Also, Donkey Kong Country 3 (think that's what it was called) for the SNES was fantastic.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:09 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1

Penguin Adventure!!!!!
Penguin Adventure was AMAZING.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #20
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeroDude
I can't play BF2 due to my graphics cards capabilities, although I still play BF42 now and again due to its sheer playability
I haven't played that one. I think my husband has that one, but he doesn't play anything but BF2 now.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The Battlefield series is extremely addictive plus it develops your vocabulary
Old 10-16-2005, 04:51 PM   #22
Refugee

You are very right about the vocabulary. BF2 was the first PC game I played and I got so hooked after that. Then I tried WoW and that just totally sucked me in, more so than BF2.
I dare not even try EverQuest or should I say EverCrack.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:31 PM   #23
War Child

Resident Evil Four comes out for PS2 near the end of the Month

Im a Resident Evil addict. I actually went over my buddy'd house and "borrowed" his gamecube to play certain RE games that werent on PS2.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:34 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by mdw3935

You are very right about the vocabulary. BF2 was the first PC game I played and I got so hooked after that. Then I tried WoW and that just totally sucked me in, more so than BF2.
I dare not even try EverQuest or should I say EverCrack.

It's so true but

Oh and to "TheBrush" RE 1 on the PS 1 has the best voice acting ever
Old 10-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:44 PM
Oh boy, the Commodore 64. My uncle had one. I remember playing an Olympic game on it and it was so funny. There was one with the caber toss.. and if you didn't throw it right it would land on your head.

Wind Waker is just such a beautiful game. It's hard to not get caught up in the stunning artwork when playing it.

I just recently beat Majoras Mask. Finally! Now that is a hard game. I'm really looking forward to the new Zelda that is slated to come out in February the screenshots I've seen are very !

I'm a big FPS player.

Goldeneye is still number one. Along with Doom (I can't believe they're making a movie out of this one)
Wolfenstein (the original!)
Blood
Rise of The Triad ( I loooooved this game)

I really enjoy the Bond games too! And the Medal of Honor ones.

Timesplitters 2 is another great FPS... and it can be quite funny as well!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:19 PM   #26
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 01:44 PM
I'm not going to go into huge depth, cause I could talk for gaming about hours, but I'll take this opportunity to remind you of some classics:

River City Ransom
Kirby's Adventures in Dreamland
Dr. Mario
Tetris
Blades of Steel
Metroid
Super Metroid
the Legend of Zelda series - namely link to the past, ocarina of time, majora's mask, and windwaker (because it was secretly an awesome game, don't hate on the art)
Street Fighter 2
Double Dragon
Battletoads
Duck Tales
the Gauntlet series
Megaman - and by megaman, I mean almost all megaman games ever made, because most of them are awesome.
Contra
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Secret of Mana 2
Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 3)
Ecco the Dolphin
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Commander Keen
Castle Wolfenstein
Pirates! (haven't had a chance to try Sid Meier's second attempt, released last year)
the King's Quest series
the Ultima series
Age of Empires
Civilization 1 & 2
Command and Conquer, & C.n.C Red Alert
Starcraft
Warcraft 3

With regards to sports games, namely hockey, strange as it sounds, I actually still prefer some of the old Sega/SNES games like NHL 93, NHL 96, and for the pc NHL 99 to some of the newer ones... sure, the newer ones are prettier, and sure, there are more features and more realism... but part of the enjoyment I took from these games was that they were somewhat surrealistic. You -could- hold onto the speed boost button indefinitely. You had no trouble bodychecking someone into the boards without drawing ridiculous penalties. You could injure people during fights. The animations for bodychecking were hilarious and people flew in funny ways - more specifically, physics as we know it didn't apply, making it more amusing in its distinction from reality. *shrug* to be honest. I don't have much time to game anymore, and the newest NHL game I have is 2003, and I've only played that a handful of times.

As for consoles... I really wish Nintendo would get its shit together, but I'm afraid that they're going to end up going the way of sega, and become a game developer... not only does it seem like nintendo is out of decent ideas, but they don't dedicate the resources required to do properly the decent ideas they do come up with. More often then not, they just remake, re-release, or rehash old games for new systems.

I think the system to beat is going to be Microsoft's next one - as much as it chagrins me to say it. Microsoft irritates me so.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:39 PM   #27
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:44 PM
I love video games.

I recently bought X-men Legends 2. It's a lot of fun. I'm planning on buying Ultimate Spider-man and Marvel Nemesis in the near future. I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2. Fantastic Four was a lot of fun.

Here are some of my favorites:

Sonic 2 Sega
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade game NES
Any Mario game before N64
The Adventures of Batman and Robin Sega
Kingdom Hearts PS2
X-men Legends PS2
X-men 2 Sega
Tetris NES
Contra NES
Bubble Bobble NES
Aladdin Sega

I'm looking forward to PS3
Old 10-17-2005, 07:11 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~

With regards to sports games, namely hockey, strange as it sounds, I actually still prefer some of the old Sega/SNES games like NHL 93, NHL 96, and for the pc NHL 99 to some of the newer ones...
I love the crowd animations on NHL '94!! And with regards to old sports games, I remember how on Madden '96 I just used to use Hail Mary all the time 'cos you just had to stand and wait for a bit before pressing 'Y' and throwing it the full length of the pitch for a touchdown! The new ones don't let you perform feats like that regularly

I really want to make a list like everyone else has but there'd be too many games that I'd have to leave out for me to choose.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:46 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:44 AM
I generally gravitate toward sporting titles:

Championship Manager/Football Manager
Police Quest (And other such Sierra games )
Shane Warne Cricket - PS2
Jonah Lomu Rugby - Playstation
The origional ThemePark & Theme Hospital were awesome
I have been known to bust out various versions of GTA for long periods of time when the mood strikes me.

I'm only small fry compared to most here
Old 10-17-2005, 07:55 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Best attempt at a Top Three Fav Games list.

Atari:

Pitfall
Q-Bert
PacMan!!

Memories: The coloured blobs (graphics) that despite looking identical were all supposed to represent different things. And Pong! I forgot Pong! I still like to play Pong clones even now

Speccy:

Hijack
Dizzy
Winter Wonderland/Bulbo and the lizard king/ all those other great text adventures

Memories: Spending hours waiting for a game to load then spending one minute playing the game before getting bored. Also, knowing WHAT to do in a text adventure but not knowing HOW to write it so that the computer understands it. This usually resulted in me typing abusive messages for the computer to "Not understand what you mean. Please try rewording your request."

NES:

Mario Bros 3
Shadowgate
Donkey Kong Jr.

Memories: My mum and brother playing tetris FOR HOURS (seriously, I'm talking playing till after midnight here) and me getting huffy because I wanted to play Mario Bros 3.

SNES:

Kirby's Dream golf course game thing
Secret of Evermore
Mario Kart

Memories: Hail Mary on NFL and the crowdometer on NHL '94

PSOne:

FFVIII
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
Theme Hospital

Memories: First time I played Broken Sword 2, it introduced me to point and click games . Also, FFVIII is NOT the worst FF ever.

PS2:

Broken Sword 3
Red Dead Revolver
I suppose I ought to say the GTA games 'cos the freedom and variety of the gameplay was amazing (you could complete most missions however YOU wanted to) but, erm, the appeal of snipering someone's head off and then watching the blood squirt from the neck was sort of lost to me.

Memories: BS3

PC:

Sid Meier's SimGolf
Grim Fandango
Commandoes 2: Men of Courage

Memories: Thinking I was doing SO well on Tropico then before the year was out I'd have lost all my money, have a starving population and a jungle full of rebels.

I've missed a ton of games out. Basically I like 'thinking' games as opposed to 'shooting' games but Red Dead was great. And I liked the 'do it your way' part of GTA. But I am pretty crap at FPS 'cos I get so jumpy and trigger happy. I usually end up mowing down anyone (friend or foe) who enters my path. I remember playing Rainbow Six on the PS and under my brother's tutition I'd actually got to the end of a really hard level that involved infiltrating an oil rig that had bombs and terrorists on it. I finally managed to defuse the last bomb and was so relived that in the few seconds before the 'mission accomplished' screen came up and froze the game, I decided to do one of those victory gun firings in the air. Naturally I hit the defused bomb causing it to explode, killing everyone and the 'mission accomplished' screen became a 'mission failed' screen.

Wow, very long post. Guess this makes me a MAJOR nerd, eh?