Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's one thing if you're clarifying that it's not a spoiler with Robin Hood bringing a rainbow or something for comedic effect. I try and make it known that I've got massive book spoilers in mine.

The one he posted will be the crescendo of Season 4 though, and it looks to me like deliberate baiting of nonreaders.

I agree with GAF and Impy. This thread is tough because while many fans have read the books - which is awesome - there are many fans like myself who have purposely chosen not to read them. I'm sure they're fantastic but I enjoy watching the story unfold without knowing what's coming next.

Glad I read the books. I have difficulty not opening spoilers. Don't mean to pile on, but what the hell?

No I didn't. I cited where the quote came from because I didn't want her to think it was referring to her.

Because I thought you were referring to me, and since many spoiler buttons here are either slight spoilers or snarky comments, I clicked on it - only to find out more than I needed. If you really wanted me to think your post wasn't referring to me, you wouldn't have posted that spoiler, especially with too much information.

And it wasn't just me who didn't like what you did - a lot of people here are peeved.

Saying "sorry, that wasn't directed at you, it was a reference to something that happens in the books" would have sufficed.

People get peeved on this site over every little thing. It was spoil tagged. If the thread had been marked spoiler free then I can see the uproar. Besides, you really can't expect to remained non spoiled when the book has been out for 13 years, but whatever. Oh and don't get too attached to *real spoiler*
Jinglebell.

Edited by Diemen. Reason: no need to be a jerk about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to take the high road apologizing for being so frivolous with spoilers to a person who obviously hadn't read the books, Steved. You're an internet role model!

Wait for it.
Wait for it?
Wait for it!
I was being sarcastic :happy:

I was just shocked Steve's spoiler didn't hide some jizz related gif.

Even better

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

yes, no complaints

glad the dragons are a little bigger, I guess they can only grow in the off season, or maybe they recast them, like Bobby Draper on Madmen.

Ygritte's still hot, so no worries. Obvi a bit of shuffling around getting people going, so with only one episode in it's hard to wait.

I'm glad the series ratings are spiking at the same time they want to throw all those great effects on screen. I'm hoping it continues Season 2's upward trend.

Oh, forgot to add- they carried this quibble/peeve over from the end of Season 2, where Sam's staring agape for an unnecessarily long time at hideous White Walkers walking....closer...closer. There's an honorable horror tradition of turning around slowly to get a good camera closeup, but Sam seems a mite too passive, waiting for someone to save him. I haven't read his book depiction, but I get the feeling we're supposed to be worried for him and I'm sort of apathetic about whether he dies or not.

It didn't really happen that way in the book. And I'm bummed we didn't get the battle at the Fist of the First Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom