Fucking, Austria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I agree with this partially. I think Vertigo was clearly the best version, Larry's drumming aside. I wouldn't place ZooTV and Elevation that far apart though. ZooTV was solid, while Elevation's reinvention was interesting and one of the rare examples of creativity on that tour.

I'll give them points for creativity etc, but it wasn't a huge improvement. It was nice to see something done differently

Axver said:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should not go to PLEBA.

I think it was in IQ that I read this. But he tucks his arm up like it's injured, which I often do. Only I do it to keep my sleeves from rolling down, not because I'm injured.

Screwtape2 said:
I like the Fly on Elevation but the real crime was Discotheque. Way to take the kick out of a song. :(

It wasn't "Oh My God!!! Thats Terrible!!"

It clearly didn't fit the tour. EBTTRT was another example. Although I love the version from Calgary II.

Ok, so from the tour you hate. What's everyone's favorite bootleg from Elevation 2001?

Calgary II is one of my favorites. Along with Boston IV.

Hey, Diemen! Hope you didn't get rained out today. :)

(omg, I'm cool? Awesome.)

Oh, and I often hang onto the sleeves of shirts/sweaters/jackets, but that's because I'm short and a lot of my sleeves are too long. I like doing it. I like that Bono does it - I think it's endearing.

Oops, sorry. I'll stop PLEBA-ing. :shifty:

Happy St. Pat's, guys. :wave:

Axver said:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should not go to PLEBA.

I must say, the posts there usually aren't quite as silly as that. When I get an inkling that they are, I scroll down, very, very quickly.

bono_man2002 said:
Ok, so from the tour you hate. What's everyone's favorite bootleg from Elevation 2001?

I really don't have one. Maybe 15 May 2001 if you forced me to pick?

Screwtape2 said:

Can some say stalkers? Jeez. :wink:

Hmm.

I can't have anything on my forearms. No matter what I'm wearing, I have the sleeves rolled up around my elbows.

phillyfan26 said:

I think it was in IQ that I read this. But he tucks his arm up like it's injured, which I often do. Only I do it to keep my sleeves from rolling down, not because I'm injured.

Oh shit, PLEBAns are loose in the rest of the forum?

And I don't do that, so I'm safe.

I always want my sleeves as long as possible anyway. You would too if you had eczema (unsightly) and albinism (don't want sunburn). Going outside in 39C in a long-sleeved shirt and trousers is anti-fun.

corianderstem said:
Aw come on. He does it in almost any video footage you see of him.

I've watched shitloads of DVDs and I'd never noticed it.

corianderstem said:
Hey, Diemen! Hope you didn't get rained out today. :)

(omg, I'm cool? Awesome.)

Oh, and I often hang onto the sleeves of shirts/sweaters/jackets, but that's because I'm short and a lot of my sleeves are too long. I like doing it. I like that Bono does it - I think it's endearing.

Oops, sorry. I'll stop PLEBA-ing. :shifty:

Nope, I managed to dodge most of the rain. :) Spent some time at the Arboretum, and then the Museum of Flight. Even got a few pics of the Fremont Bridge Troll.

The rain did ruin my night time skyline shot, though. :mad:

Next time. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
I'm like a young Bono then. :angry:
you're not fat. but come on, he does that whole pulling his jacket over his stomach thing to hide it. that's something most people do when they're self conscious of their stomach. i do it most of the times when i have jackets on too, i'll admit it. but it's just loltastic to see some huge rock star in 3D doing it for 85 minutes or whatevs.

The Sad Punk said:
Happy St. Pat's, guys. :wave:

I must say, the posts there usually aren't quite as silly as that. When I get an inkling that they are, I scroll down, very, very quickly.

Hey Bonnie! :wave:

And nothing can make PLEBA OK. :wink:

Axver said:
I've watched shitloads of DVDs and I'd never noticed it.

It helps if you pay attention to Bono. :wink:

Seriously, though. I swear every time I see footage of him standing or walking, he's doing the thing with his arm. Or gripping his too-long sleeves.

KhanadaRhodes said:

you're not fat. but come on, he does that whole pulling his jacket over his stomach thing to hide it. that's something most people do when they're self conscious of their stomach. i do it most of the times when i have jackets on too, i'll admit it. but it's just loltastic to see some huge rock star in 3D doing it for 85 minutes or whatevs.

I was just talking about the arm thing, not the stomach thing. But yes, he does do that.

Come on, Bono, snippet something already. Ah well, I'm up to ISHFWILF. This will hopefully have Exodus, being a Lovetown performance and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom