Fucking, Austria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

still hate it. race against time =
nelson.gif

Race Against Time is what every U2 fan wants to do to Bono during the One speech. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:
Hey, don't say bad things about Walk To The Water and Deep In The Heart. Those are beautiful songs. :wink:

Walk To The Water is alright. I used to hate it because I'm not so keen on Edge's guitar or some of Bono's talk-singing. I've warmed up to it a bit, it's nice and artistic, but there's much better.

Deep In The Heart just plods and is boring.

Axver said:

Sending now. Yeah, I'd probably say it's my favourite. Though 29 July 2005, Gothenburg is pretty fuckin' rockin' too.

Actually, just listened to 20 September 2005 now and I'm not so sure I would say it's the best. It finishes really strongly, I love the Break On Through and See Me, Feel Me snippets. But the "is this Wednesday night?" part is ... odd, and not in a good way.

Axver said:
Allow me to rank the non-album JT tracks.

1. Spanish Eyes
2. Luminous Times
3. Rise Up
4. Race Against Time
5. Silver And Gold
6. Desert Of Our Love
7. Wave Of Sorrow
8. Walk To The Water
9. Sweetest Thing
10. Deep In The Heart
11. Drunk Chicken/America

I love Larry's drumming in Desert Of Our Love. Wish we saw more of that on the albums. :drool:

Axver said:
Allow me to rank the non-album JT tracks.

1. Spanish Eyes
2. Luminous Times
3. Rise Up
4. Race Against Time
5. Silver And Gold
6. Desert Of Our Love
7. Wave Of Sorrow
8. Walk To The Water
9. Sweetest Thing
10. Deep In The Heart
11. Drunk Chicken/America

Dude. That's made of pure SuperWin. That's pretty much my exact ratings.

Hey, Pee Fan, I forget if you said anything on the thread last night my time, but what'd you make of Please from Sarajevo?

Axver said:
Hey, Pee Fan, I forget if you said anything on the thread last night my time, but what'd you make of Please from Sarajevo?

It's very good. I think I'd also want to get a 4th leg version to round out my collection.

How are the other songs from that gig? It's interesting to hear Edge try to pick up Bono's vocals.

phillyfan26 said:

It's very good. I think I'd also want to get a 4th leg version to round out my collection.

How are the other songs from that gig? It's interesting to hear Edge try to pick up Bono's vocals.

I never really had an interest in Popmart's fourth leg. I've got nothing from it on the computer.

I think Popmart Sarajevo has the best performances of Mofo, Please, Discotheque, and One ever.

Screwtape2 said:

Tel Aviv is my favorite Popmart show. It has the best Miami and HMTMKMKM. It was actually the first bootleg I owned. :)

Best HMTMKMKM? You clearly haven't heard it from 31 July 1997, Mannheim. That blows every other version out of the water. I can't even listen to studio HMTMKMKM now thanks to that.

Goddamnit, PFan, I just got notified that your e-mail rejected my copy of TEC from 20/09/05. Even my file is too big, at around 11.5MB. Ugh.

I've been trying to do more stuff away from the computer. Today I have FAILED.

I'll take your damn test. Bring it on.

And sharing U2 goodness = yum.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes! make her take the purity test!

Yep. Cori, our little initiation ritual is making people take the 100 point purity test and posting their result: http://www.armory.com./tests/100.html

Screwtape is our most pure, with a baffling 99% pure result. At the other end of the scale, Jen and Varitek are tied at 78% corrupt.

Axver said:
Goddamnit, PFan, I just got notified that your e-mail rejected my copy of TEC from 20/09/05. Even my file is too big, at around 11.5MB. Ugh.

I'm going to e-mail you another e-mail address to see if that one accepts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom