Frostproof, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't speak too soon.

God, why can't I sleep more. Lesson in life, people: if you try to force yourself onto a new sleeping schedule by sleeping short periods, this may backfire on you and your body will get used to sleeping short periods more than it will get used to waking at, say, 7am.

... holy shit, I just wasted half an hour looking at fucked up cakes. That feels so hideously wrong.

Especially when I have all kinds of uni work hanging over my head. Woops!

Have I mentioned lately that Starflyer 59's new album is fucking wonderful?

Hey Ravva! You missed our first New Brunswick Superthread.

They make it fairly obvious that they don't give a shit about the people who have to live on campus in the first place. I mean the people who can't go home on the weekends and stuff.
Ok, so before there was only ONE coin machine on campus that gave you quarters so you could do laundry, since, all the washers and dryers ONLY take quarters. that coin machine is ALWAYS out of order, but you used to be able to go to the information desk to get quarters if it was. Well now the coin machine is gone so I went to the information desk to ask what was up and the guy was just like, sorry it's gone and I blew up at him, because how the F*** am I supposed to do laundry now? I'm seriously supposed to go drive somewhere to get quarters? Of all the bull shit this school has spewed forth, this is what just really set me off.

So now I'm about to check all the vending machines, because sometimes if you put a dollar in there, then hit refund, it gives you quarters. There's five vending machines in this building and I already know one doesn't do it, so wish me luck (five vending machines in one dorm, but they couldn't afford to put a coin machine in at least ONE of the two laundry rooms?)

By the way, I was just reading the Wikipedia article for our current location, and I can't believe Khan didn't include this in the intro:

The name was a marketing ploy to convince potential landowners that the town has never had, and never would have, a frost that could destroy the large citrus-driven economy. However, only a couple of years later, a terrible frost killed most of the citrus in Frostproof.

:lmao:

They make it fairly obvious that they don't give a shit about the people who have to live on campus in the first place.

Probably a common phenomenon worldwide, if UQ and Melbourne are anything to go by as well, and this is one prominent reason I have my own place.

Anyhow, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom