Frostproof, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I don't know what I'll do if the unthinkable shall happen, too. I don't want to compare a McCain victory to death, but it'll be really fucking difficult to handle. It's sort of more that I don't want McCain to win than I want Obama to.

I know what I'm going to do - I'm going to be rotten fucking drunk, hopefully passed out in my computer chair. I suppose tomorrow I should go and buy some wine. Or ... the bottleshop should be open on Melbourne Cup Day, given it's undoubtedly a day that they'll do a roaring trade! I figure I'll buy one really good bottle to celebrate with, and one really cheap bottle of plonk to drink as fast as humanly possible if the worst happens.

i'm not posting this in fym for obvious reasons, but LULZ

8.jpg

ok weird tried to post this and it doesnt show up

pinkandblue.jpg (image)

:lmao: to both.

I know what I'm going to do - I'm going to be rotten fucking drunk, hopefully passed out in my computer chair. I suppose tomorrow I should go and buy some wine. Or ... the bottleshop should be open on Melbourne Cup Day, given it's undoubtedly a day that they'll do a roaring trade! I figure I'll buy one really good bottle to celebrate with, and one really cheap bottle of plonk to drink as fast as humanly possible if the worst happens.

As I spent a lot of money (for me, anyway) today on a book about massacres in Aboriginal history, I probably won't be able to afford anything to celebrate with. It might be one of those weeks where I just live on two minute noodles.

Celebrating with two minute noodles is the time-honoured student way!

G'night, Ashley! :wave:

Hey, TAFE Girl, if you were a real student, you'd go and support your local independent bakery!

I do at Minlaton, if it makes a difference. But I don't go shopping until like 7pm and Baker's Delight is usually the only one open by then.

Besides, I have food issues, and picking meat off of stuff is frustrating (and wussy, you don't need to tell me that).

I do at Minlaton, if it makes a difference. But I don't go shopping until like 7pm and Baker's Delight is usually the only one open by then.

Besides, I have food issues, and picking meat off of stuff is frustrating (and wussy, you don't need to tell me that).

Heh, I'm only taking the piss, since the reasons I shop at the local independent bakery are that it's the most convenient and it hocks off apple buns for $1.30, or 3 for $3. Not actually terribly good quality, but for that price, I'm not going to complain!

And I need to find a good bottle-o rather than just the local Liquorland. I don't entirely trust I'll get good results when I charge in and say "hey, I could totally go for a really dry wine - what do you recommend?" I'm tired of red wines that aren't as dry as a fucking desert.

Heh, I'm only taking the piss, since the reasons I shop at the local independent bakery are that it's the most convenient and it hocks off apple buns for $1.30, or 3 for $3. Not actually terribly good quality, but for that price, I'm not going to complain!

And I need to find a good bottle-o rather than just the local Liquorland. I don't entirely trust I'll get good results when I charge in and say "hey, I could totally go for a really dry wine - what do you recommend?" I'm tired of red wines that aren't as dry as a fucking desert.

Nah, I figured. :wink: That's a pretty good deal, pity I only eat sweets about once a month.

Yeah, do you know of any better places around where you live? Because if I do go to Melbourne in a few months (although it might be postponed - Mum recently booked a three night stay at Sea World, just her and I, in the middle of Summer. Which is lovely, but unexpected!) it would be cool for us to have a tour in a big one, me picking out beers you should try, you picking out wines I should go for. I'm not sure, that sounds like a nice evening to me.

Nah, I figured. :wink: That's a pretty good deal, pity I only eat sweets about once a month.

Yeah, do you know of any better places around where you live? Because if I do go to Melbourne in a few months (although it might be postponed - Mum recently booked a three night stay at Sea World, just her and I, in the middle of Summer. Which is lovely, but unexpected!) it would be cool for us to have a tour in a big one, me picking out beers you should try, you picking out wines I should go for. I'm not sure, that sounds like a nice evening to me.

I generally only get something from there about once a fortnight or so. Frequently enough though that the usual woman at the counter recognises me and doesn't need to ask what I want.

I only know of two places on my tram line, neither of which are flash (one's in walking distance from me but is TERRIBLE). I'm going to look things up on Yellow Pages though. Now that I have a vague semblance of disposable income thanks to the blind pension not being as shit as the youth allowance, I figure I'll track down some good wines. I think your idea is awesome. :up:

Holy shit, I just found a wine shop in Melbourne that ACTUALLY STOCKS GEWURZTRAMINER. Shame it's all the way over in South Yarra.

And hahaha, they stock a Kiwi wine named after the Crowdies! It's the Crowded House sauvignon blanc 2007, and for $18 I'm bloody tempted to give it a try.

YES, THEY HAVE CENTRAL OTAGO PINOT NOIR! Fuck, this justifies a trip entirely. Oh, I am excited now.

Oh my god and Martinborough pinot noir too. I'm going to be so fucking out of pocket after hitting this place.

HOLY SHIT THEY HAVE ATA RANGI PINOT NOIR.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. OK, so it's the 2006 vintage, not the early 1990s vintages I grew up on, but what the fuck do I care. This was my favourite childhood wine. This is why I drink the fucking stuff.

Anybody got a spare $68 so I can pick this bad boy up?

Maybe I should consider it for my birthday or something ...

Ah, the joys of discovering good stuff at a bottle-o. :love:

Shame the Ata Rangi's close to $70, otherwise maybe I would have considered getting it for you as a surprise. Now that's out of the question, I think. :uhoh:

I knew at least you would appreciate my excitement here. Holy shit, I feel like I hit the jackpot. I should Google around and see if I can find some more good Melbourne wineshops with stuff listed online. Looks like I could even get free delivery from this one!

Not sure I should necessarily invest in the Ata Rangi pinot noir. It's probably one that needs to age, while at this point in my life, I buy wine to drink straight away.

Wow, I just found another Melbourne wine shop with an even more impressive selection of Kiwi wines, including even more Ata Rangi (with a stunning review of that 2006 pinot noir) and my other old favourite, Dry River. Alas, both are pretty much right out of my budget.

... I'm still tempted to stock up and just not let anybody know that I blew about $200 on wine.

For now, I think I should sleep. G'night, folks. :wave:

Aw hell, I'd like to show more enthusiasm for a wine search, but I've drank so much this past week my brain feels like its caving in. Never was an intention, so I'll blame my buddies and the fact that life is kind of shit at the moment. And then I quickly drank this Italian lager tonight without it realising it's nearly 7%. Nice, but it packs a reasonable punch. I think I'll go soon, just gotta put some stuff on the iPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom