Fresh Kills, Staten Island Superthread - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #916
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
AWESOME. It's nice to not feel like such a heretic in my opinion of movies. I just don't see why Star Wars is such a huge cult phenomenon.
Like I said, pure escapism on my part. Y'know what I can't stand at all though? Star Trek.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #917
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
You love my fan, admit it. Despite all the other weapons I have, the fan's the one that has captured your imagination.
After all our talk about that fan, you didn't actually show me the bloody thing!

It just cracks me up that you can use a FAN as a weapon. What next, a slice of bread?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #918
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
I'm off to bed star wars fans.

Night All
See ya!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #919
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
After all our talk about that fan, you didn't actually show me the bloody thing!

It just cracks me up that you can use a FAN as a weapon. What next, a slice of bread?
YouTube - Monty Python - Self-Defense Against Fruit
Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #920
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Yeah, I actually haven't bothered with watching many pre-May episodes. Just doesn't feel right.
Yeah, I haven't made much of an effort to watch the pre-May episodes. Plus, they seem like they have more of a focus on cars. It doesn't feel right. Learning about cars on Top Gear?! Perish the thought!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #921
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
AWESOME. It's nice to not feel like such a heretic in my opinion of movies. I just don't see why Star Wars is such a huge cult phenomenon.

I always felt the same way. I can't find the appeal in a lot of popular movies, actually. In fact, I'm concerned I'm getting a reputation here as someone who hates everything. This isn't true, I just tend to be in the minority with things I like less.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #922
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Like I said, pure escapism on my part. Y'know what I can't stand at all though? Star Trek.
I've probably seen about five minutes of Star Trek in my life, and probably about half of that comes from animated avatars friends have used on LiveJournal.

I just can't say it even sounds interesting enough to watch.

Oh, though I do love the Simpsons parody, something like Star Trek XXVI: So Very Tired.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #923
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Yeah, I haven't made much of an effort to watch the pre-May episodes. Plus, they seem like they have more of a focus on cars. It doesn't feel right. Learning about cars on Top Gear?! Perish the thought!

I haven't watched anything without May or the current Stig in it. It's just a crime against nature, really.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #924
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I always felt the same way. I can't find the appeal in a lot of popular movies, actually. In fact, I'm concerned I'm getting a reputation here as someone who hates everything. This isn't true, I just tend to be in the minority with things I like less.
That's all right, I think on Interference Ax has that reputation locked and sealed, no worries...
Old 05-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #925
Blue Crack Addict

Don't underestimate fans, Ax! Those fuckers are fast.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #926
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I already have that reputation. It's almost fun.

I just figure that I'm glad a lot of the stuff I like doesn't attract huge, obnoxious, embarrassing fandoms. U2's about it, and even then, I really don't give two shits what U2 has done after about Gone.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #927
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I already have that reputation. It's almost fun.

I just figure that I'm glad a lot of the stuff I like doesn't attract huge, obnoxious, embarrassing fandoms. U2's about it, and even then, I really don't give two shits what U2 has done after about Gone.
Actually, I get the reputation on other forums too. A lot of people can't comprehend the fact that I'd rather watch a silent cartoon over an episode of Family Guy, listen to a hundred Beach Boys songs before a single Beatles one, or drive a rusty nail through my head rather than listen to OK Computer.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #928
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Though don't you hate it when Yanks put this stuff online and spell it as "defense" rather than "defence"?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #929
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Don't underestimate fans, Ax! Those fuckers are fast.
She's right...

YouTube - Wushu Fan Sample

YouTube - IntMat 2007 Julie's Fan Form

It's mostly used for striking and for distraction. And, like I always say, it's a fan. It cools you down, plus it's not what anyone would normally classify a weapon.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #930
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Actually, I get the reputation on other forums too. A lot of people can't comprehend the fact that I'd rather watch a silent cartoon over an episode of Family Guy, listen to a hundred Beach Boys songs before a single Beatles one, or drive a rusty nail through my head rather than listen to OK Computer.
I'm with you on two of those three. I'd rather listen to a hundred Shadows songs before a single Beach Boys or Beatles one, though. But yeah, even though I've only seen one of those old cartoons you showed me, that's far more interesting than the stupid Family Guy scenes I've suffered through.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread