Fresh Kills, Staten Island Superthread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #136
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Worst Pink Floyd song.

It is actually annoying to me. I always skip it when listening to the record. It is really cheesy even if it is well intentioned.
I don't see how cheesy has anything to do with that song.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #137
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Now quick, while they aren't looking! OTH fans, fire up your alters.

Although i'm a bit over it now.
Shame neither I nor notAxver will be online when there's just a minute or two to go ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
In case you haven't noticed, therapy isn't for them, it's for you.

Also:
1. They'll find out eventually how you actually feel. That'll make them feel even worse.
2. Come up with some bollocks that your therapist recommended a change or is moving or something.
My mom in particular is stressed enough and honestly probably needs a therapist at times herself. They seem so happy that thinks look so better. I'm having a nephew in a few months. I don't want my sister thinking I'm not better. I don't want her to think I'm insane.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I've been away: what's happened with your current therapist?
I told the superthread some things I haven't told anyone. Some of the things you didn't understand about me. I don't think this therapist is the right one to handle the direction I might need to take. Everyone wants me to get a new therapist and tell these things to my family while for their sake I just don't want to hurt them.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:35 AM
Having a chemical imbalance does not make one insane. If so, half the population would be insane, myself included.

At the very least, you need to try and be more honest with your therapist. Especially about your medication. If the fluoxetine really isn't working for you, you need to tell the therapist that. Continuing to take it when it's not working can damage your mental health further.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Quote:
I told the superthread some things I haven't told anyone. Some of the things you didn't understand about me. I don't think this therapist is the right one to handle the direction I might need to take. Everyone wants me to get a new therapist and tell these things to my family while for their sake I just don't want to hurt them.
Bugger what we think. If you (enough emphasis?) don't think this therapist is doing you any good then it's not helping you, nor anyone and is nothing but a big waste of money.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I don't see how cheesy has anything to do with that song.
To each their own.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It doesn't good does it? It is just that my family has other things that are occupying them. I have to live with this. Now is not the time to become the concern of everyone. I just don't know if anyone can help me. I don't want to take them down another dark road.
You not being honest with yourself about the assistance you need is gonna lead you and your family down a darker road. If you were selfless, you'd be honest with yourself and with the people you love. If you aren't letting them help you, you are deceiving them.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #144
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
My mom in particular is stressed enough and honestly probably needs a therapist at times herself. They seem so happy that thinks look so better. I'm having a nephew in a few months. I don't want my sister thinking I'm not better. I don't want her to think I'm insane.
I don't see the point in arguing with you about this, because it will just go around in circles. Instead, let me give you two visions of your life.

1. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep seeing a therapist who's no good for you. Keep failing to address the issue. Keep taking medication that isn't treating what's wrong with you. Who knows what that's doing to you? But whatever the case, keep going down this path. You see how you are now? Do you want to be like this when you're thirty, when you're fifty, when you're eighty? Do you want this to be your life? Do you want to sit there when you're fifty, still just as miserable, probably having achieved none of your potential and let your family down, and think "shit, I wish I'd done things differently"?

2. Make some changes now. Maybe there will be some short term problems, or maybe you can come up with convincing explanations that alleviate any tensions. Whatever the case, find someone who will actually help. Get the actual problem addressed. Get medication that actually treats what's wrong. Don't be like this when you're thirty, let alone fifty or eighty. Be well-adjusted and confident and going somewhere worthwhile with your life, rather than going around in the same bleak mental circles for the rest of your life. Your family will notice a positive change and it'll make them a hell of a lot happier.

Your choice.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #145
The Male

Local Time: 03:35 AM
Quote:
I don't want her to think I'm insane.
Sorry, but therapy does not equate to insanity. I've had that same thought in the past, but I was about 12 at the time.

Now.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier

ElMel. How goes it?
Old 05-26-2008, 09:38 PM   #147
The Male

Local Time: 03:35 AM
Quote:
ElMel. How goes it?
I'm alright. It's the busy season, as you well know, so I'm a tad stressed, but decent otherwise. Yourself?

Now.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:39 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
You not being honest with yourself about the assistance you need is gonna lead you and your family down a darker road. If you were selfless, you'd be honest with yourself and with the people you love. If you aren't letting them help you, you are deceiving them.
I really don't know how to tell my mom that I'm not better. It would break her heart. She seems more worn down by this whole journey than me. I don't know how to tell her.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:39 PM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier

Well, now that I'm back from Memorial Day vacation, the next four weeks will be what my mother calls "virtual house arrest." I have work, and I have school, and that's it.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #150
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I really don't know how to tell my mom that I'm not better. It would break her heart. She seems more worn down by this whole journey than me. I don't know how to tell her.
"Having therapy makes me feel like I can get better now, but I think I might need a different person to do it."

Tags
superthread