Fresh Kills, Staten Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Screwup defined the "cycle of art" for us all.

He is also responsible for the "cycle of Screw", as it turns out:

1 - Screwtape makes an insane assertion, based on 20 years of living at home, walking the fine line between looking at a girl and the penetrating glare of a psycho and reading a lot of Wilde, Keats and Pretentious Artist Digest (which IS art).

2 - Many people older, smarter, more open minded and wiser than Screwtape patiently explain why his point of view could be a bit flawed. These are, typically, rational arguments and a possible entryway into a nice give and take.

3 - Screwtape then digs in, and patiently explains why everyone is wrong, attempting the quickly end the debate he engineered in the first place.

4 - Patience thins, and Screwtape is, rightfully, scolded for being not at all open minded or capable of mature, intelligent discourse.

5 - Screwtape deigns to explain to everyone else that not only are they wrong, but that they could never understand Screw's perfectly correct point of view nor will they ever understand anything beyond their base knowledge of the world. Again, Screw is 20.

6 - The posts to Screwtape exclusively become personal jibes, most of which ring true. Patience has evaporated and exasperation sets in. Also, the comedic flair of some members comes to the forefront, which places Screw at a great disadvantage, as it's hard to be a myopic, stubborn twit but still have time to cultivate a legit sense of humor.

7. Screwtape, sensing that things are getting out of hand and a tad immature, decides to be the bigger man, by exclaiming something akin to "I am picking up my toys and leaving the sand box. So there!". Screw leaves in a huff, but, he always comes back...eventually.

8. Thread carries on without Screw, as aftershocks are felt and newcomers to the thread get to discover the wonders within. These threads are the gifts that keep on giving.

9. Everyone repairs to San Remo, Atlanta, Germany, for refreshments.

Welcome back, Your Majesty.

i need to get caught up on the thread but i just want to say...

:doh: has been added!! :love:

whee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom