For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:

Ok how do you do that?

In Picasa, there's a "focal black and white" option. What it does is make a circle and blur the edges, so the circle is colored and it blurs into black and white. You can adjust the size of the circle, but not select the shape. It doesn't really matter since Beckham is gray, so technically the area between his eyes is not black and white, but it looks OK b/c he's grayscaled naturally. There's probably much more detailed ways to do it in Photoshop, but I don't use it very much.

Here's a few others that are a little more obvious.

a flower
Picture%20161.jpg

I played around with it when I was bored
K031_RJ.jpg

K318_RJ.jpg

Also, many cameras come with color filtering options where you can select a color and have everything else be black and white. I'm not sure if mine (S1) does, but I know the S2 and S3 do.

Yeah, I have it somewhere, but I don't do a lot of manipulating or whatever you want to call it (like when you have your cats w/ the bling bling), so Picasa does everything I need, is really simple, and doesn't use ALL of my poor computer's CPU.

very cool! My friend took one of the pics of Maddy on stage with Bono and made it black & white except for Maddy's Santa hat. She framed it and sent it to her for Xmas. It's soooo cool. I don't think I have those options in my photo program. Or I just don't know how to do it :reject:

She also did the sig below :heart:

I did it! :D It doesnt look as good as Lies' pics but I think I'm on the right track.

zoeygreeneyes2.jpg

sakieyes.jpg

:hmm:

I wanna try that. I suck at photoshop, though. :lol:

I got Mia some new food this weekend. She was crying for me to feed her this morning, as usual, when I poured out some of the new stuff she ran for it and started to chow down before going, "wtf???" She started to circle the bowl and then looked at me like, "Um, wtf mom?" but when I left half the bowl was gone.

:rolleyes: :lol:

mandy1973 said:
:lmao: Wish i could trick my 2 like that - Columbus in particular is SO fussy!
Probably my own fault tho - I just can't feed my animals cheap food :no:

This stuff is actually more expensive. I've been giving her IAMS for most of her life.

She's just a little pig, that weighs 6.2 lbs. (I came across her last vet visit's record and that's the official weight.)

So, one of my other roomies has a kitten named Robert. He's cute and all, and has a mew that sounds exactly like a baby's bawl, it's hilarious. However, Robert has developed the habit of pouncing on people. The other day I was in the kitchen and all of a sudden, he sneaks up behind me and jumps up and digs his claws into me. No sooner had I pried him off, he did it right back again. Is this normal?

Wow!! I love Little Girls eyes :love: Such a cool color.

Zoey is just like Bowie, if she sees me about to take a pic she usually turns her head :grumpy:

Sicy said:
Wow!! I love Little Girls eyes :love: Such a cool color.

Zoey is just like Bowie, if she sees me about to take a pic she usually turns her head :grumpy:

It's frustrating because I try to get pics of her all the time! Occasionally I can fool her like I did last night, but only once in awhile. :)

mandy1973 said:
hey Katie, great photos :) How on earth does she get up on top of the door though? :scratch:

She climbs up the door frame. :lol: It's a habit I've tried to break her of but can't. She doesn't weigh much so it's definitely no problem for her to climb door frames, curtains, clothes in my closet, etc. I've even seen her sitting up on the curtain rod in my living room. :yes:

katiebu21 said:

She climbs up the door frame. :lol:

I had a cat who would climb up the corner of the house and wander around on the roof. It was amazing to watch him do it. I think he just liked the view from up there. :yes:

Sicy, the pics turned out great! I was going to tell you I had trouble w/ the Zoey one b/c she's kinda a bluish tint in the original photo, so the space between her eyes was not going black and white.

Anyway, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is Posh pooped on the floor last night. She didn't get in the "cat room" with the rest of the bunch and must've helped herself to some kind of snack and then been stuck w/o a litter box. Poor Poshie! The good news is I contacted the humane society because I want to volunteer to walk dogs or work in the new cattery.

Do you keep them in a seperate room at night or something?
I cant sleep unless my cats are with me. Poor Poshie.

Phil's a pretty big guy, there's barely room on the bed for us, let alone three cats! Usually all three go in the "cat room" which is Phil's office room where all the litter boxes, cat toys, and cat beds are. The door is open all day, but I shut it at night so they aren't making trouble and eating the plant. Beckham cannot sleep with me because he sleeps all day and is up all night. He hates being stuck in the bedroom and will howl and scratch until we let him out. I guess he likes his cat bed in the cat room (he's such a diva - will only sleep on a cat bed or our bed, but not with us in it). Marijke and Posh sometimes prefer to sleep with us though. If they do, they run in and hide under the bed until we're in bed. Other times, they go right in the cat room. I should have known better since she was meowing at the door, but I stayed home sick today and didn't get up, I just thought she wanted food. I got up to get ready, Posh ran out, then I was sick and went back to bed, but Posh didn't come back in the bedroom and wouldn't go in the cat room. I never blame her, I feel bad b/c she'll sulk around embarrassed for a day. It's only happened three times and each time she was locked out for a long time and had too much to eat (I think she got into some cookies this morning).

Last edited:
Oh wow I didnt realize it was a free program. I'll have to try it out!

A rare occasion, both cats sitting next to each other :lol:

zoeybeanzcouch.jpg

And this is my neighbors little guy Dewey :cute:
He came over to play to give my neighbor some quiet time (her favorite pet rat passed away :( ) but my cats were less than thrilled :uhoh:

deweyzoey3.jpg

deweyzoey2.jpg

He likes my fish :wink:

deweyjill.jpg

deweybed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom