For Cat Lovers Only... - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2006, 08:32 AM   #361
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Your vets are cheap Zoey's initial check up + tests + meds was about twice that.
Yeah, my vets are absolutely amazing!

Not only are they VERY clean, sterile, organized, but they don't keep charging you extra for every little thing. Once Beckham had worms and I got him and Posh meds for less than $3 total. Then Posh had vaccinations scheduled that week, so they asked for me to bring in fecal samples, and they tested those without any extra charge.

When they said Beckham had bad teeth and needed a cleaning, I freaked b/c that usually costs $350-$400, but at my place it was only $72 and that included the aneasthesia, blood work, cleaning, being in the hospital all day, and teeth extractions!

Usually my cats' prescriptions are cheaper than my over-the-counter meds. I have to drive way out of the city, but all the vets in the city are too hoity-toity and WAY over-charge. I know my place is clean and legit though b/c it was recommended to me by several people who have experience w/ animals, and one of my Prof's who has purebred Alaskan malamutes, so she wouldn't take them to a clinic that wasn't good.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #362
Refugee

Local Time: 01:45 AM

Oh my god - your cats are called 'Beckham' and 'Posh' - that is an absolute classic!! I'd love to get another cat and call him Becks - however my hubby is a Tottenham supporter - so i don't think he'd be thrilled about that idea!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #363
The Fly

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RedrocksU2
..funny cat stuff;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...54522180416170
to tears!!!!!

I think some of those were on Funniest Home Videos. I remember seeing them. I actually sent a video in to them, Got a contract to sign so I thought they'd show it. If they ever did, I missed it, but my understanding was that they were going to notify me if they show it.

ADORABLE cats on here BTW. I'll be posting some in a little while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Here: Roy Orbison Postage Stamp Petition
Old 01-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #364
The Fly

Biffer - 4 weeks old - 11 ounces (no time to focus camera)

Biffer in 2004 (He was 10 years old then - 11.5 years old now)

Lefty playing in the tub

Lefty and his sister Mercy
(Will the real cat please stand up?)

Lefty, Biffer and Callie
(Lazy cats!)

Callie, Mercy and Lefty (Even lazier)

Mercy and Callie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Here: Roy Orbison Postage Stamp Petition
Old 01-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #365
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:15 AM
so
Old 01-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #366
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mandy1973
Oh my god - your cats are called 'Beckham' and 'Posh' - that is an absolute classic!! I'd love to get another cat and call him Becks - however my hubby is a Tottenham supporter - so i don't think he'd be thrilled about that idea!!!
Beckham got his name b/c I called him "Kitty" for months and couldn't think of anything else. He loved to play soccer as a kitten with crumpled paper. Then I got my girl kitty and of course had to name her Posh I'm not even into soccer, but of course Becks is lovely and I have his poster on my door, so why not!?

I suppose that means my next three are Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz.....
Old 01-25-2006, 01:40 AM   #367
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:15 AM
MysteryGirl your kitties are soooo
Old 01-25-2006, 07:20 AM   #368
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
MysteryGirl your kitties are soooo
They sure are!

Lefty especially is adorable. Is he friendly and sociable? Every red tabby I've ever met has been.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #369
The Fly

I may as well call Lefty a queen. Never mind he's male! He's pretty and he knows it! The only cat who doesn't demand attention because his self-esteem is very well intact! He doesn't like to be held for long but he'll sit/lay on my lap. And he loves having his bely rubbed...rare for cats! Oh, he doesn't meow much, but when he does, he goes into a meowing fit and he sounds like a baby kitten mewing!

Thanks for the compliments on my babies, y'all!

CatLady, my sister in Florida does what you do, and yes, they screen people who adopt cats. You, my sister and anyone else who does what y'all do are heroes to cats! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:06 AM   #370
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Old 01-26-2006, 02:41 PM   #371
War Child

Thanks Mystery Girl!

LivLuv, I am so glad Eden's problem turned out to be a UTI...it's so much easier to solve a physical problem than a behavioral one. I haven't been in here in a few days so just catching up now...

My Reilly has chronic UTI issues. Something about his body chemistry causes him to get them; one time he even got stones in his bladder and had to have a surgery to have them removed, poor guy. He's very smart, though...when he feels pain he runs to the sink right away and pees in it so I will see the blood and know he needs help. He does it every time. Gross on the one hand, of course, but it's easy to clean the sink and that's the only place he does it--plus of course it makes me aware immediately that he's having a problem.

So here are all the names and what we call them:

Tucker--Tuckety Smuck Tuck
Webster--Webby, Webster-Lobster
Chelsea--Princess Chelsea Belle, Chellie
Holly--Holly Bear or just Bear
Reilly--Reilly Pants (he's LH and it looks like he is wearing furry pants)
Shannon--Shannon Bonannon or Crazy Psycho (former feral and she never lets you forget it).

Cooper (he's the dog)--Pooper, Coopsnicks, Snoop Dogg, Scooperman-we only call him that when he wears his little cape.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:54 PM   #372
The Fly

CatLady, your photography of cats is beautiful as well.

Someone tried to stop my sister from doing her work with cats in 2003. A vindictive neighbor complained about her cats, even though she had a cattery, cared for the cats well, saved lives, nursed many back to health, and did not let them roam. The Palm Beach County Animal Care (yeah right) and Control raided her home and took her cats. Too much detail is still hard to even think about. But the judge in court dismissed the case and said of my sister "This woman deserves an award for what she does!" The ACC jumped the gun, though, and did not wait for the judge's decision. Unfortunately, that doesn't bring back 60 cats - including Dusty, a 15-year-old cat who belonged to our grandfather when he passed away...we would have liked to have kept Dusty in our family, and their excuse for "euthanizing" her was "she was too old to adopt." They didn't even give her a chance! The media only saw what they wanted to see, and sensationalized the whole story and tried to make my sister look bad.

But we Hansens are not quitters! My sister bought a big sprawl of propert in a nearby county. The palm Beach County Animan (so-called) Care and Control can just kidss our @$$es!!!!!!

So, I am an avid, passionate supporter of no-kill animal shelters, and I highly support anyone who does this kiund of work.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:11 AM   #373
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:15 PM
Here's a couple of new photos of my cats Marigold....

...and Robbie...

...my babies!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #374
Refugee

hcbiggs2002, your kitties are lovely. Robbie looks well dressed for any special occasion!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #375
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:15 PM