Flying Fish Cove, Christmas Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn, still another 3 hours until the cricket begins?!

Charlotte's not going to be happy that it'll be on all afternoon/evening after she gets home.

been an acting team leader for the past four hours at work, managing a disaster. Hopefully they will remember this and promote me for the next project.

The new R.E.M. song is pretty promising. For anyone with interest you can get the mp3 mailed to you from the band's website. :hyper:

What's so bad about it?

It's ugly for starters. And the thing that REALLY pisses me off more than anything else is that they STILL haven't input a queuing option. Come the fuck on iTunes, it's not that fucking hard.

Instead we get an obnoxious new "social network" called Ping. It's so awful.

It's crap because of two reasons:

One, there is a thing called last.fm and I'd rather use that instead.

Two, it has a shitty name.

It's ugly for starters. And the thing that REALLY pisses me off more than anything else is that they STILL haven't input a queuing option. Come the fuck on iTunes, it's not that fucking hard.

Queueing as in iTunes DJ? :wink:

new itunes is hella ugly

This website should not exist
http://www.gamecrush.com/live/gc.live.html#page=fpd

Goddamn, shame I missed you!

Was at Muse's second Melbourne show ... we were front row on Chris's side, so as a personal experience, it was better than the first night, and they played Bliss, which I haven't heard live before. But in terms of performance and setlist, the first night was better ... god I wish they'd done Sunburn on the second night rather than when I was up in the nosebleeds, but when it comes to being fortunate enough to hear any material from Showbiz nowadays, beggars can't be choosers.

What are Muse shows like these days? Even though I enjoy their modern albums I'd be content with just a setlist of Origin and Absolution to be perfectly honest :lol:

Heh, maybe I'll just stick with iTunes 8 for as long as I can then. My other Mac is still on iTunes 6!

Lulz at Ping.

And yeah, I'd bloody love a queuing option.

What are Muse shows like these days? Even though I enjoy their modern albums I'd be content with just a setlist of Origin and Absolution to be perfectly honest :lol:

Overblown and detached like any arena/stadium rock spectacle (god I hate that I missed seeing them in a 950 capacity club back in the day!), but they do it well and, unlike U2, remember to rock pretty hard. Over two nights, we got 1 Showbiz and 5 Origin Of Symmetry songs (not to mention Nishe as a cool little random breather!), so not too bad.

Hell, even when it comes to the new stuff, they are largely not playing the truly objectionable shit.

Overblown and detached like any arena/stadium rock spectacle (god I hate that I missed seeing them in a 950 capacity club back in the day!), but they do it well and, unlike U2, remember to rock pretty hard. Over two nights, we got 1 Showbiz and 5 Origin Of Symmetry songs (not to mention Nishe as a cool little random breather!), so not too bad.

Hell, even when it comes to the new stuff, they are largely not playing the truly objectionable shit.

Wish I saw U2 with a good opener for once, it'd be a nice change of pace

I'm listening to Michael Jackson's new album...hoping it's not horrible :lol:

I finally downloaded The Verve's A Storm In Heaven. I sure knew how to take my time.

Wish I saw U2 with a good opener for once, it'd be a nice change of pace

I'm listening to Michael Jackson's new album...hoping it's not horrible :lol:

Didn't you think much of Kaiser Chiefs in Dublin in '09? I thought they did really well with a big crowd.

Haha, oh god. I wouldn't want to listen to one of his "classic" albums, let alone this new one.

John, Vlad, either of you heard The Verve's rare live album, Voyager?

Because Gravity Grave on that is amazing.

And time to give this new REM song a go ...

Yes, of course I have.

Good because it's 10 times better than A Storm in Heaven :wink:

Didn't you think much of Kaiser Chiefs in Dublin in '09? I thought they did really well with a big crowd.

Haha, oh god. I wouldn't want to listen to one of his "classic" albums, let alone this new one.

Maybe if that wasn't my third time seeing Kaiser Chiefs I would have been more impressed, I like them just they're no Muse to me

I'm actually surprised by this album so far, as in it's not completely shit. Although so overproduced and painfully obvious non of these songs are finished :lol:

John, Vlad, either of you heard The Verve's rare live album, Voyager?

Because Gravity Grave on that is amazing.

And time to give this new REM song a go ...

I haven't, but I remember you saying that it was quite rare. If possible, could you send me a .zip of the live album please? The prospect of hearing an awesome live version of Gravity Grave sounds rather tempting.

And then A Northern Soul is better than them all.

Sure it's got Gravity Grave, but I'd dispute that!

Maybe if that wasn't my third time seeing Kaiser Chiefs I would have been more impressed, I like them just they're no Muse to me

I'm actually surprised by this album so far, as in it's not completely shit. Although so overproduced and painfully obvious non of these songs are finished :lol:

Well true. So much of jealous at South America getting Muse as an opener for U2 next year. Jay-Z wasn't too bad opening the Melbourne U2 shows, but he wasn't Muse ... then again, I'd rather see Muse headlining two arena shows and play almost two hours each night (like I just did) than see them support two stadium shows and play just 45 minutes each night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom