first crowded house album after reunion: time on earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
COBL_04 said:
Got my tickets this morning!! :dancing:

But I got a migrane as I was lining up. :grumpy:

:applaud: glad to hear you got your tickets- good seats?
hope your feeling better- migranes are crap, but i guess for Crowded House tickets the pain is worth it...

No, actually. I was fourth in line, and by the time I got to the front the best two seats together available were in the upper level, although they're the front row so not to bad.

Yah, I'm feeling heaps better now. Took some mersyndol - that stuff rocks :drool: - and laid on the couch watching Anchorman and Monsters Inc.

Thanks! :hug:

I would've probably gone for the second night if they didn't go on sale straight away.

Hey I might pick some up off ebay in in a fortnight and half when I get paid again :crazy:

I got tickets to the first night. :drool:

I think I'll pass on the second night. I need to save my money, other bands I like may just be coming down here, and Time On Earth strikes me as a bland Neil Finn solo album.

However, I will die of jealousy if the second night gets Recurring Dream and the first night doesn't.

Axver said:
I got tickets to the first night. :drool:

I think I'll pass on the second night. I need to save my money, other bands I like may just be coming down here, and Time On Earth strikes me as a bland Neil Finn solo album.

However, I will die of jealousy if the second night gets Recurring Dream and the first night doesn't.

I would think that they'd play a pretty even mix both nights. I hope. I already died of jealousy and anger when Dad didn't let me go to the second Melbourne show. I was talking to him yesterday. He cracked it beacuse I said the setlist was different and agrubably better. He said it wasn't. Pfft I think I would know!! :mad:

Did anyone see Nick and Neil on Rove last night? Pretty interesting. Rove made Nick smash an acoustic guitar for 10 bucks.

COBL_04 said:

I would think that they'd play a pretty even mix both nights.

This isn't U2 here. This is the Crowdies. They don't do static sets.

I quite like the new guy. His style fits in with the band and he seems to have a great personality. When the Crowdies did a webcast of a rehearsal gig, Neil decided to play a random request, Nails In My Feet (which illustrates the spontaneity and unpredictability of their sets), and although the drummer had barely begun to rehearse it, he took it in his stride and did well. I was impressed.

So when you said before they don't do 'static' sets, that does mean they'll still play like Don't Dream it's Over, Better Be Home Soon, Something So Strong, It's Only Natural, Fall At Your Feet, etc right?

Right? :sad:

They always do some of their hits. I would imagine every gig will have Don't Dream It's Over. When I saw the Finn Brothers in 2005, I saw the only gig that didn't have Weather With You on that tour.

I just love that it's not predictable and we'll get some less common tunes. I passed on seeing Roger Waters because all of his shows follow the same script and I just can't be bothered with mundane crap like that.

Can I ask then how you still put up with seeing U2? Just because their setlists are pretty similar night to night. You just love them too much not to?

Their sets are similar but have enough variation that you can at least hold a setlist party. Over 50 songs were played on Vertigo. Only 10 songs were done every single night of tour (9 if you count that SBS wasn't done at the LA public rehearsal gig).

Ever wondered why ZooTV and Popmart piss me off and I love Lovetown? Now you know one important factor.

Hmmm... I see :yes: Thanks for the replies/info :up:

And on Time on Earth... I heard Neil say that half the material was meant to be for a solo album anyways... but I'm glad they're back together.

VH1 Classics aired a half hour interview type thing with the band, hosted by Mark Goodman. I only caught about 10 minutes of it, and they were also showing old clips I believe. And the following hour was the farewell show in Sydney in 1996 with Hester. I'm sure the show itself was longer than an hour, but only an hour for broadcast. Tim came out for 2 songs as well. The broadcast ended with them playing 'Don't Dream It's Over'. That was awesome!!! :drool: What I love watching is the enormous crowd they played to then and again on Saturday at Live Earth and how the fans go crazy for them down under, unlike here in the states (on that magnitude). :drool: again

Not sure if we're seeing them in August when they are in town. We'll see how much tix are floating around for on ebay, if we can get a cheap deal.

COBL_04 said:
So when you said before they don't do 'static' sets, that does mean they'll still play like Don't Dream it's Over, Better Be Home Soon, Something So Strong, It's Only Natural, Fall At Your Feet, etc right?

Right? :sad:

You will still get a minimum of ~5 songs off Recurring Dream. What those are is what is up in the air. You couldn't gurantee you would definatly hear Don't Dream it's over, but you could gurantee you would hear one of DDIO, WWY or BBHS at very least. For example Live Earth was my fifteenth Finn show - but the first time I'd heard Fall At Your Feet, I've just somehow managed to dodge it, while on the other hand I think I've heard Better Be Home Soon about 10 times. Just the luck of the draw.

As far as the rotation on this tour, from my count throughout the ~15 festival, showcase and warm up gigs they've played 34 songs off their studio albums (65 songs total). Plus Recurring Dream off Afterglow twice, and a handful of covers like Killing In The Name, Happy Birthday, Throw Your Arms Around Me & Born On The Bayou. I'd say this will increase as they start the full US tour in August (and wouldn't be at all surprised if a couple more are added when the set from tonight's Corner fanclub gig surfaces). We don't have a full db like we do with U2 so I might be missing one or two.

Congrats to all who got tickets. Should be a great tour.

I'm glad you turned up, Timo! Your knowledge of the Crowdies easily surpasses mine.

Which gigs are you seeing?

I'm still pissed I'm not at that Melbourne warm-up gig. I found out about it two days after it went on sale. Fuck.

They've covered Killing In The Name Of?...as in the Rage Against the Machine one?...that awesome.

I think I'm going to the second show now :hyper:

:wave: to timothius! :hug:

They're playing a VERY small club in L.A. on 7/17. I couldn't even try to get tickets as the "little one" is having her b-day party on that day/evening. I'll have to 'read about it' :wink:

I got Fall At Your Feet back in April at the Glass House :drool:

And I heard it on the Farewell Concert I saw tonight from '96
I :love: it too

Axver said:
I'm glad you turned up, Timo! Your knowledge of the Crowdies easily surpasses mine.

Which gigs are you seeing?

I'm still pissed I'm not at that Melbourne warm-up gig. I found out about it two days after it went on sale. Fuck.

I'm sure your knowledge on more practical issues outstrips mine.

At the moment just Sydney I, Sydney II & prolly Bris. If Uni checks out and some face tickets pop up for Melbourne I might pop down there as well. Just wait and see on that.

I was pretty damn close to going down for that but tix on Virgin were like $100 each way, plus another $20 to get into the city from the airport it all just adds up. If the set comes out at like 30 songs I'll be well pissed.

Auckland & co looked pretty tempting when Supergroove where added as support don't you think.

bono_man2002 said:
They've covered Killing In The Name Of?...as in the Rage Against the Machine one?...that awesome.

I think I'm going to the second show now :hyper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHCZCRghzc0

Thats the first, albiet half hearted attempt, in the warm up to Coachella where they are pondering what awaits them playing before RATM. They did it again last week to apparently a bit more polished.

It should be good fun, did you check out that Shihad I gave you a while back?

Lila64 said:
:wave: to timothius! :hug:

They're playing a VERY small club in L.A. on 7/17. I couldn't even try to get tickets as the "little one" is having her b-day party on that day/evening. I'll have to 'read about it' :wink:

Lila :wave:

I can't think of a better present for a kiddies birthday than a nice Crowded House ticket. But I'm sure in LA you'll have more than a few dozen times to catch them in the next year or so.

Did you catch the Ghostwriters on the Live Earth stream. Great cover (????) of When The General's Talk. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom