Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
I've been in one cyclone in my time in Australia, so with the exclusion of that, this is the only time I've ever felt serious wind in this country. People here will get fussed about what counts only as a "nice breeze" in Wellington. But today was the real deal, believe me.
I tend to classify winds by how big the bits are that come off the trees/etc.

Big branches/whole trees down? Strong fucking wind!

mysterious_jen said:
i think the extreme weather is just going to get worse from now on the earth is fucked. this is as was foretold.
People have been foretelling DOOM for centuries... it has to come true every now and then :wink:

Alisaura said:

I tend to classify winds by how big the bits are that come off the trees/etc.

Big branches/whole trees down? Strong fucking wind!

I tend to classify wind by how hard it is to walk directly into it. I didn't go outside at the worst of it, but it sounded fucking intense and judging by the BOM's recordings, yeah, that would've been a pretty strong wind to walk into.

Alisaura said:

People have been foretelling DOOM for centuries... it has to come true every now and then :wink:

My favourites are the idiots from mid-19th century England who thought the Second Coming of Jeebus was imminent so they sold everything.

Guess they regretted that in the end!

Axver said:
I tend to classify wind by how hard it is to walk directly into it. I didn't go outside at the worst of it, but it sounded fucking intense and judging by the BOM's recordings, yeah, that would've been a pretty strong wind to walk into.
There were mimes tumbling arse over tit all the way down Centre Rd. It was tragic.

Axver said:
So, you'd rate that as an unsteady stagger or a full-on hat-clutcher?

mysterious_jen said:
awesome

its khe san on vh1

this ones for you Axe

:drool:

:rockon:

Bogans.jpg

Alisaura said:

So, you'd rate that as an unsteady stagger or a full-on hat-clutcher?

I get the feeling it was bordering on "fuck, it's hard to keep my balance in this". I still can't believe that my front door was creaking from the wind. My front door is inside a foyer behind a staircase and both doors leading into the foyer are at right angles to my door and to the wind!

Alisaura said:

Cape Grim sounds about right! Erk.

How about the Free Orange State? Mmmm, free fruit.

I think we should go there after Orange Free State.

And, yes, I agree entirely; Free Orange State is much better idea.

Free Pineapple State is even better.

Free Grapes State is the best.

Axver said:
I get the feeling it was bordering on "fuck, it's hard to keep my balance in this". I still can't believe that my front door was creaking from the wind. My front door is inside a foyer behind a staircase and both doors leading into the foyer are at right angles to my door and to the wind!
The wonders of sudden changes in air pressure... All our (internal!) doors were rattling while closed, and slamming themselves if we left them open.

Axver said:
I think we should go there after Orange Free State.

And, yes, I agree entirely; Free Orange State is much better idea.

Free Pineapple State is even better.

Free Grapes State is the best.
Free Mango State FTW. :up:

damm my lack of posting last night has put me wayyyyyyyy down the list on this thread :| fuck being so tired. i have to sleep for an hour when i get home before i can do anything . wtf.

Alisaura said:

The wonders of sudden changes in air pressure... All our (internal!) doors were rattling while closed, and slamming themselves if we left them open.

Oh, my toilet door PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH. If it's closed, it rattles away. If there's any breeze to help it along, it produces a fucking cacophany.

Alisaura said:

Free Mango State FTW. :up:

You can have that aaaalll to yourself.

Mangoes are quite possibly the worst fruit ever, if you ask me. They just about make me want to vomit. I mean it! If I smell mangoes, I feel nauseous sometimes.

mysterious_jen said:
damm my lack of posting last night has put me wayyyyyyyy down the list on this thread :| fuck being so tired. i have to sleep for an hour when i get home before i can do anything . wtf.
Erk. :hug:
If I'm not in bed by 10pm tonight, kick me or something....

And ten points to Ax for using "cacophany" in a sentence! :applaud:

Axver said:

Mangoes are quite possibly the worst fruit ever, if you ask me. They just about make me want to vomit. I mean it! If I smell mangoes, I feel nauseous sometimes.
This is all good information... keep it coming... *takes notes*

:D

Axver said:

Hello Axver,

Welcome to the small town of Epic Phail. Population: You and Phail Collins.

Please enjoy your stay.

Alisaura said:

Erk. :hug:
If I'm not in bed by 10pm tonight, kick me or something....

You really shouldn't say that when I know where you work and could come down there and give you a swift kick in the shins tomorrow! :laugh:

And ten points to Ax for using "cacophany" in a sentence! :applaud:

You can thank Asterix comics for teaching me that word at a very young age.

Alisaura said:

This is all good information... keep it coming... *makes notes*

:D

I should bring to your attention that I possess U2 rarities that you do not have ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom