Fernando de Noronha Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:
wow ali you have been off for a while you must be crook :hug:
I was off Thursday, went in on Friday and yesterday, but went home early and took today off... so two and a half days, really...

Stupid colds. :madwife:

cinnaminson said:
hmmm, I have stacks of sick days and holiday days but we're always made to feel really guilty when we call in sick. Luckily I'm the boss's pet so I dont' get a really hard time:angel:

GOOD ! :lol:

as someone who is on the end of the "sic phone" taking those calls i can tell immediately who is genuinely sick and who is an asshat. trying to fill spots with a limited casual pool :down:

last monday i had 5 people off for fucks sake. could not cover them all.

cinnaminson said:
hmmm, I have stacks of sick days and holiday days but we're always made to feel really guilty when we call in sick. Luckily I'm the boss's pet so I dont' get a really hard time:angel:
There's a pretty good attitude about sick leave in our team... no one wants to catch anyone else's germs after all, so the general feeling is, if you're sick, stay home and keep it to yourself... that's why we've got the leave, after all. :yippie:

cinnaminson said:

when my flatmate was working for bonds she was made to take her leave every year so she couldn't accumulate any :/

Alisaura said:

I was off Thursday, went in on Friday and yesterday, but went home early and took today off... so two and a half days, really...

Stupid colds. :madwife:

Mother always said to starve a cold and feed a fever, or was it feed a cold and starve a fever? :huh: hmm, I recommend lots of lying around and eating whatever you want, even if it's bucket loads of lollies and junk. If you're craving it then that's what your body needs :wink:

mysterious_jen said:
oh hey ax, kurunda scienic railway at cairns and then the sky cable car thing down again FTMFW

sooooooooooooo beautiful

I want to go and do that so badly, you've no idea.

mysterious_jen said:

GOOD ! :lol:

as someone who is on the end of the "sic phone" taking those calls i can tell immediately who is genuinely sick and who is an asshat. trying to fill spots with a limited casual pool :down:

last monday i had 5 people off for fucks sake. could not cover them all.

i get to take the sick calls on the weekends. I can always tell who's faking and who'd just hungover :giggle:

bono_man2002 said:
Australia Phail!!

snapshotj200803040013vd7.jpg

Is Phail Collins on the team? You guys are doing really terribly right now.

We'll be right.

Are NZ going to beat England? The poms are so fucking hot and cold. And what the hell has happened to Flintoff, Panesar, etc? Are they dead or something?

Axver said:
In terms of heaviness, the band really encompasses a vast spectrum. Collapse The Light Into Earth is one I should send you - very melancholic, soft song. Then you've got quite heavy riffage on songs like Orchidia and Anesthetize. Which is what really keeps things interesting for me.
Heavy riffage :rockon:

And I didn't think you thought anything bad, just perhaps that I didn't like the harder stuff, which is not the case :wink:

Alisaura said:

I took sick leave, yes :wink:

So my day was laaaazy.

Hey Ali, do you think you'll be at work on Thursday? Just checked my schedule and I found I do have my 3:15 lecture this Thursday, just not the 4:15 tute with the Maj. So I'm trying to decide what to do. It'll be a stinker of a day. Go away, summer! It's autumn now!

cinnaminson said:

Mother always said to starve a cold and feed a fever, or was it feed a cold and starve a fever? :huh: hmm, I recommend lots of lying around and eating whatever you want, even if it's bucket loads of lollies and junk. If you're craving it then that's what your body needs :wink:

i thin it's feed a cold and starve a fever, that's what my mum always says as well :lol:

i always eat crap when i have a cold, even though it doesn't help at all :reject:

cinnaminson said:
That's pretty much exactly what I did :lol:

I had a nasty flu once and ate a personal record-sized meal at the local Chinese place... :drool: Never eaten so much in one sitting in my life... and I was still hungry after the pineapple fritter! :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom