Fenway Park Superthread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

YES!

that and how jack got to be such a mess. i loved kate's trial.

also hurley gets interesting, and teh charlie thing.

so we know there's an oceanic 6. we know of sayid, jack, kate, and hurley, but claire has got to be dead (i thought this before we saw that) and locke probably stays on the island, so 2 more...i think sun, maybe both of them, cause we haven't seen any flash forwards of them yet, tho it would be interesting if it was only jin and he also was seeking revenge on whoever caused sun's death, cause jin's a badass. and sawyer, who we can guess/hope is who kate was living with, but not be sure. but then we have to wonder, whose funeral was it? sayid's? locke's? (thus making him one of the six?? but4 i think he stays)

You forgot about Claire's baby, Aaron. He's the fifth one, so there's only one more.

The Sad Punk said:
No, you haven't ruined the thread, Ax. I thought I had because of my terrible ability at explaining how to socialize. Oh well, regardless - the thread's still here.

Anyway mate, you've kept your head up and you've done damn well this past month. Forget all this shit that's gone on, let's get back to the good stuff. :up:

Oh, no, your posts have been very nice, thank you. :)

Sorry my replies are taking ages, I overthink typing this stuff too, heh.

I hope the next couple of months are an improvement. Porcupine Tree at the end of April at least. :up:

unico said:
alrighty i'm gonna go brave the snow and explore the city. i'm starving and don't feel like wasting money on room service. hang in there ax :hug: and i hope the both of you have an awesome day!

Thanks. :hug:

Please send some of the snow here. We're meant to have some hot days. Not that the hot weather's materialised yet, despite high forecasts ...

:wave:

Bye Mia! Have a fine day! :wave:

Porcupine Tree at the end of April at least.

Rad. :up:

I'm gonna go to bed soon, just finishing off a drink. Going back to Adelaide tomorrow morning, for a Greek festival. Man, I can't wait for some good yiros. :drool:'

Alisaura said:
Sign me up for Overthinkers Anonymous! :hi5:

As the self-appointed Chairperson of Overthinkers Anonymous, I question whether anonymity is truly possible. :wink:

I'm not taking the piss... hope it doesn't look that way.

Hee, no. :)

Though I'll take my wisdom from trains ... :wink:

I'm hardly the most sociable person, but I've come a long way since I started Uni. I've also been lucky, and sort of fallen into the few close friendships I have.

Maybe try not disappearing so immediately after a tute and see if people hang around to talk about it? :shrug:

Yeah, a couple of my tutes end without anything else immediately afterwards, so I might try that. Or get there early and speak to anybody else hanging about. And of course, Maj. Panic is in one of my tutes. :up:

:hug: And thanks for commenting, Ali. Hope your night is good! :wave:

phanan said:

You're not going crazy. It's nearly identical.

I still need to hear the other three parts. I've never gotten around to it.

I phail.

Yeah, I thought so. I've only played Phase 1 twice, I remember noticing it the first time around but not following it up. I'm guessing it's a deliberate reference?

According to iTunes, I've played the whole Voyage 34 once.

The Sad Punk said:
Rad. :up:

I'm gonna go to bed soon, just finishing off a drink. Going back to Adelaide tomorrow morning, for a Greek festival. Man, I can't wait for some good yiros. :drool:'

Of course, Adelaide misses out on Porcupine Tree. I would've come over if they'd done a gig - I'm doing all three as it is. I nearly came for Dream Theater, but 1. their most recent albums have sucked, 2. the tickets were too expensive, and 3. I was going to tie it in with doing the Overland train, but the tour schedule got changed and it ceased to fit in with the train timetable.

I'm feeling very tired here, so I'll be out in a few minutes.

I need to try more Greek food. I mean, I live in Melbourne, so I've no excuse; it's the biggest Greek city in the world outside Athens and Thessaloniki! I've savoured some of the Italian stuff on Lygon Street, but haven't gotten stuck into the Greek yet. I like Greek too, so I've no explanation for slacking.

Oh, Greek food is delicious, and is certainly not limited to just yiros, dolmathes, souvlaki etc. It sort of overlaps with a lot of Turkish food too, and Turkish food is awesome.

I should be going to Melbourne mid this year, hopefully sampling a bunch of the ethnic restaurants there. You can come with me, if you want. We'll go bowling!

Axver said:

Yeah, I thought so. I've only played Phase 1 twice, I remember noticing it the first time around but not following it up. I'm guessing it's a deliberate reference?

According to iTunes, I've played the whole Voyage 34 once.

I'm fairly certain it's a homage to Brick, yes. It's just too similar to be otherwise.

The Sad Punk said:
Oh, Greek food is delicious, and is certainly not limited to just yiros, dolmathes, souvlaki etc. It sort of overlaps with a lot of Turkish food too, and Turkish food is awesome.

I should be going to Melbourne mid this year, hopefully sampling a bunch of the ethnic restaurants there. You can come with me, if you want. We'll go bowling!

One reason I haven't explored too much of the food here is that Kate isn't an adventurous eater at all - I had to almost twist her arm just to get her to try gelati! GELATI. So that really cramped me up last year, and it was just easier for me to cook than to say "hey, let's go have Greek!", only to get "but ... I don't know Greek ... I don't really want to ..."

Also, Turkish is made of win. I was so jealous when my aunt and uncle went to Turkey. But they brought me back plenty of authentic Turkish Delight and I was in heaven.

And ooh, that sounds awesome. BOWLING TOO. I used to totally own at that. Used to. Now I'll probably bowl ten gutter balls in a row and fall over laughing at the spectacular suckage.

phanan said:
I'm fairly certain it's a homage to Brick, yes. It's just too similar to be otherwise.

It would certainly make sense, given the Floyd's status as a psychedelic band and all. I just haven't seen anything written on it. Then again, people don't seem to talk about Voyage 34 much at all really.

Axver said:

One reason I haven't explored too much of the food here is that Kate isn't an adventurous eater at all - I had to almost twist her arm just to get her to try gelati! GELATI. So that really cramped me up last year, and it was just easier for me to cook than to say "hey, let's go have Greek!", only to get "but ... I don't know Greek ... I don't really want to ..."

Also, Turkish is made of win. I was so jealous when my aunt and uncle went to Turkey. But they brought me back plenty of authentic Turkish Delight and I was in heaven.

And ooh, that sounds awesome. BOWLING TOO. I used to totally own at that. Used to. Now I'll probably bowl ten gutter balls in a row and fall over laughing at the spectacular suckage.

Haha, I have a friend a lot like that. All he eats are bloody McDonald's fries! I'm not sure if he's even had anything else from McDonald's, either. But I think it's getting better - I took him to a Lebanese restaurant last weekend and he liked it a lot. A successful conversion! :up:

I looove Turkish Delight. Not from Turkey so to speak, but my parents brough back a box of Parisian Turkish Delight when they went to Europe. That was very much appreciated.

I have never been particularly good at bowling, I just wanted to reference Scorpio from the Simpsons. :wink: But hell, it's still fun - so why not?

The Sad Punk said:
Haha, I have a friend a lot like that. All he eats are bloody McDonald's fries! I'm not sure if he's even had anything else from McDonald's, either. But I think it's getting better - I took him to a Lebanese restaurant last weekend and he liked it a lot. A successful conversion! :up:

I looove Turkish Delight. Not from Turkey so to speak, but my parents brough back a box of Parisian Turkish Delight when they went to Europe. That was very much appreciated.

I have never been particularly good at bowling, I just wanted to reference Scorpio from the Simpsons. :wink: But hell, it's still fun - so why not?

I at least got Kate to agree with me that Macca's fries are terrible. But I don't know how people survive with the same boring food over and over again. I need new flavours. I'll sometimes throw random stuff into my cooking just to see what happens. Now when I make quesadillas, I include Worcestershire sauce, of all things.

Turkish Delight is made of so much SuperWin. I don't know why so many people hate it.

:lol: And I just wanted to brag about how I was once good at something sporting. :wink: I'm sure it's no surprise that with my bad vision, I'm shit at most sports, despite being an avid sportsfan. But once I managed to figure out how to bowl straight - for once in my life, I was beating people! Weird feeling, I can tell you.

Well, it's been good chatting to you Ax, as well as the rest - but my head's spinning and it's nearly 2am.

I gotta vamos. Have a good night, take care! :hug: :wave:

Fuck, how did it get this late? I was planning on doing some reading and cleaning before bed! Ha.

Have a good one, Saddo. It's turned out to be a good night! :)

:wave:

Axver said:
Here's where the Internet has its advantage. Nobody here doesn't want to be here. People participate in threads like this because they want to be here. I'm sitting here talking to people like Saddo now because places we've wanted to post have often coincided and we've gotten on well. The same can't be said of a tute at uni. I don't want to bother some poor sod who doesn't want to be bothered, to delay them or intrude or anything. Of course, this is faulty logic because they might be worried about the same thing back to me, and when I'm reading and wishing someone would talk to me, someone might be thinking that "hey, that guy's reading cool stuff, I'd love to say hi but I bet he wants to be left alone". I recognise this. It doesn't mean my desire not to bother anyone is reduced, though. And now I feel bad because I think I've ruined this thread and should just shut the fuck up. Life's life. I'm more than capable of dealing with it, and I've said far too much here anyway. I'm normally not this bad, but fuck, the last month has been bad in so many aspects, not just friendship-wise, that it's hard to keep my head up sometimes.

Ax, I didn't mean that you ruined the thread. I was using hyperbole to make my point. You're obviously a good guy. You obviously really want more friends in your life. You obviously have a personality/fears that make that difficult for you. That sucks. It really does. But I think that everyone has weaknesses/fears that hold us back from SOMETHING that we really want in life. The question becomes are we willing to choose to step beyond our fears and go for what we want. I think you should. I think it will pay off.

Hey, phanan, you might be interested in this interview with Steven Wilson from the guys at OzProg. I love SW's slam on the big record labels.

Also, I've got to say that I think And The Swallows Dance Above The Sun is the most criminally overlooked, forgotten song. Despite its really weird sample at the end, it's a fucking great song - well structured, well sung, and catchy. I actually prefer the more raw version from the Love, Death, And Mussolini EP.

Anyway, before I die of sleep deprivation, I'm out. Have a good one, everybody. :wave:

Dalton said:
Ax, I didn't mean that you ruined the thread. I was using hyperbole to make my point. You're obviously a good guy. You obviously really want more friends in your life. You obviously have a personality/fears that make that difficult for you. That sucks. It really does. But I think that everyone has weaknesses/fears that hold us back from SOMETHING that we really want in life. The question becomes are we willing to choose to step beyond our fears and go for what we want. I think you should. I think it will pay off.

:)

I'm getting frustrated enough with my situation that I'm going to do something about it. I don't know what, but damnit, I'll work out something and won't be sitting here during the winter holidays in the middle of the year wondering why the fuck I'm just hanging out on Interference with nowhere to go. At least the discussion in this thread has given me some ideas and some confidence.

Anyhow, this time I'm out for real.

Axver said:
Hey, phanan, you might be interested in this interview with Steven Wilson from the guys at OzProg. I love SW's slam on the big record labels.

Also, I've got to say that I think And The Swallows Dance Above The Sun is the most criminally overlooked, forgotten song. Despite its really weird sample at the end, it's a fucking great song - well structured, well sung, and catchy. I actually prefer the more raw version from the Love, Death, And Mussolini EP.

Anyway, before I die of sleep deprivation, I'm out. Have a good one, everybody. :wave:

The ironic thing is that, in the US, Porcupine Tree are on the Atlantic label, which is part of - you guessed it - Warner Bros.

And I love Swallows, but I've never heard this other version that you speak of. I'll have to scope that one out.

Axver said:

:)

I'm getting frustrated enough with my situation that I'm going to do something about it. I don't know what, but damnit, I'll work out something and won't be sitting here during the winter holidays in the middle of the year wondering why the fuck I'm just hanging out on Interference with nowhere to go. At least the discussion in this thread has given me some ideas and some confidence.

Anyhow, this time I'm out for real.

everyone loves a nice confidence boost every now and again. rock on, my friend!

OMG the little surprises...
so i hiked over to dunkin donuts, and asked for a chocolate donut. i hiked all the way back to the hotel before eating it. it turns out she accidentally gave me a chocolate donut with sprinkles instead.

SPRINKLES!!!!!

SPRINKLES

:hmm: i see
box-l.jpg

like this?

wearing socks with sandals isn't really my thing, but if i get my own tetsugen then i'm game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom