Fenway Park Superthread! - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #346
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Read over it yourself.
Facilitate laziness!
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #347
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Airports FTL.

ETA - Waiting in lines at Airports FTL. Airports themselves are cool.
i always have like fucking early flights so i never have to wait in line. not even in security. of course it probably helps that we have smallest, most ghetto, most laughable airport for a city that's a hub of northwest airlines.
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #348
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


you don't have to sneak in a camera, they'll let you in with it.

they also will let you in with food, little knwon fact. us season ticket holders know all the good takeout places in the fens.

el pelon
hidyun

also there are supurb korean, japanese and tatpas sit-down places on brookline ave. let me know if you ever want a recomendation.
Fuck, really? Well then shit, it's with me the next visit.

You're a season ticket holder? I'm officially jealous.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #349
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Facilitate laziness!
you have premium, you can just do a search or something
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #350
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
hardyharhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Out Californy-way
Posts: 8,403
Local Time: 06:05 PM
Dodger Stadium also lets you bring food in I like bringing chinese from Paul's Kitchen, an old Lasorda hangout
__________________
hardyharhar is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:07 AM   #351
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:05 PM
ax i've taken overnight trains on 3 continents and 1 subcontinent. they rank:

1. euro sleeper car
2. amtrak 1st class (we got a free upgrade)
3. thai 2nd class
4. amtrak 2nd class (fucking closet, i'd have rather been in real seats almost)
6. indian 2nd class ac (dirty loud dirty loud dirty and i got conjunctivitis and i think the food made me sick but it coulda been something else i ate around the same day)
6. euro with just a seat in a 6-seat compartment. man that is a fucking stiff neck unless you get extremely lucky and get 2 seats across from each other to yourself. but that never happens
8. euro on an open car with a bunch of teenagers returning from a concert
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:07 AM   #352
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:05 PM
American airports FTL



Airports almost everywhere else in the world FTW
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 AM   #353
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Ok, i see why he got banned.

Now, where is what he did to get banned?
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 AM   #354
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan


Fuck, really? Well then shit, it's with me the next visit.

You're a season ticket holder? I'm officially jealous.
yeah i posted my view a few pages back, here

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4948/dsc09415yz8.jpg

we got in in 2003, october, right after the sox got knocked out, cause we realized we were going to 30 games a year and struggling to collect all the playoff tickets. this was long before the schilling and arod things, which created the waiting list.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:09 AM   #355
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,004
Local Time: 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
ax i've taken overnight trains on 3 continents and 1 subcontinent. they rank:

1. euro sleeper car
2. amtrak 1st class (we got a free upgrade)
3. thai 2nd class
4. amtrak 2nd class (fucking closet, i'd have rather been in real seats almost)
6. indian 2nd class ac (dirty loud dirty loud dirty and i got conjunctivitis and i think the food made me sick but it coulda been something else i ate around the same day)
6. euro with just a seat in a 6-seat compartment. man that is a fucking stiff neck unless you get extremely lucky and get 2 seats across from each other to yourself. but that never happens
8. euro on an open car with a bunch of teenagers returning from a concert
Hah, I'm amused #3 is ahead of #4. Though not all too surprised.

The last one sounds like very bad news.

Also, I'm very jealous. Especially as I've done barely any long distance train trips.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:10 AM   #356
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i always have like fucking early flights so i never have to wait in line. not even in security. of course it probably helps that we have smallest, most ghetto, most laughable airport for a city that's a hub of northwest airlines.
not if you're doing a northeastern city-to-city communte early isn't no lines. early is full of business people for bos-ny-philly-dc. ugh. nothing worse than waking up 4 hours before you're used to to stand for nearly an hour in a security line and worry that you'll miss yoru flight.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:10 AM   #357
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Btw, when i'm in Christchurch in a month or so i'm taking the train to Greymouth.

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #358
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,004
Local Time: 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Btw, when i'm in Christchurch in a month or so i'm taking the train to Greymouth.

Just don't fall off the observation carriage when you go over Staircase Viaduct.

Though if you see Bracewell, go ahead and give him a push.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #359
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Hah, I'm amused #3 is ahead of #4. Though not all too surprised.

The last one sounds like very bad news.

Also, I'm very jealous. Especially as I've done barely any long distance train trips.
well the thai thing was just so pleasant. i mean earplugs were more necessary cause it wasnt a private compartment, but the bed was bigger, the sheets may very well have been cleaner, and i didnt feel super claustrophobic. then, i might feel differently now, the amtrak 2nd class was the first time i'd ever done sleeper, but i remember the upper bunk just being tiny and confining and incredibly uncomfortable, and there was no room to move in the compartment. whereas euro 2nd class was roomy enough and the thais have curtains and not doors to the compartments so it didnt feel as confined, even if it was less secure.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 01:13 AM   #360
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Just don't fall off the observation carriage when you go over Staircase Viaduct.

Though if you see Bracewell, go ahead and give him a push.
Wilco!
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com