Fenway Park Superthread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
So, how much longer will you be up, Ax?

I was thinking of an early night, but now I'm not feeling obscenely tired any more, so I'll probably stay around for a while. Probably working on my Desert Island playlist or something, who knows. Maybe I should make another anagram cover thingamajig.

Good idea, I was thinking the same. Also, I'm finally going to get around to changing my avatar tonight. What a great task this has been.

The only good reason to come to SA? Now, I wouldn't say that, we've got... we've got... uh... we got this...

FUCK

You're right. :(

The Sad Punk said:
Good idea, I was thinking the same. Also, I'm finally going to get around to changing my avatar tonight. What a great task this has been.

I do hope your new avatar involves drunk Bono in some manner.

The only good reason to come to SA? Now, I wouldn't say that, we've got... we've got... uh... we got this...

FUCK

You're right. :(

:lol:

Actually, you've some trains I want to see. The Adelaide suburban units look a bit unusual.

Plus I want to see a city where tumbleweed bounces down the main street at 7pm on a Friday night.

You do? I think Philadelphia's like that.

Actually, come to think of it, the Adelaide nightlife is much less interesting than I had hoped it to be. Hindley St. is often fairly clear even on Friday and Saturday, and that's considered the heart of the nightlife area. Another reason why I want to get out of here - I'm sick of going to the same places all the time.

I do hope your new avatar involves drunk Bono in some manner.

I think my current one already does, but in any case, yeah - that was my plan.

Hey Mia!

(... I think that's the first time I haven't called you unico.)

The Sad Punk said:
You do? I think Philadelphia's like that.

Actually, come to think of it, the Adelaide nightlife is much less interesting than I had hoped it to be. Hindley St. is often fairly clear even on Friday and Saturday, and that's considered the heart of the nightlife area. Another reason why I want to get out of here - I'm sick of going to the same places all the time.

Actually, I really don't like being around Melbourne or any city at night. I'm just not a nightlife kind of person, especially when I'm by myself. I always feel terribly uncomfortable. Coming home through the city from concerts at midnight sucks. Especially because I always seem to miss my tram by about 3 minutes and have a 17 minute wait on an uncomfortably dark street for another.

I think my current one already does, but in any case, yeah - that was my plan.

I've been meaning to ask - where's your current one from? (Edit: make that the old one. Way to update while I'm typing!)

And yeah, keep the theme of drunk Bono going.

unico said:
howzit goin superfriends?

The usual. I'm pretending I'm not miserable, Saddo's stuck in a state yet to leave the last century, you just missed Ali ...

The Sad Punk said:
So does this "20th" century. What in tarnation is that all about? What is this jungle music you youths are listening to?

Yeah, well, your 19th century ... has plentiful trains, and Julius Vogel, and ... shit, sounds appealling; I'm packing my bags already! Fuck you, 20th and 21st centuries!

unico said:
ax - :( i hope you get to stop pretending you aren't miserable because you're actually happy soon

Thanks. I'd like to say I have a quick fix or something, but I really don't. I've got to reconstruct my entire friendship circle and that's not easy. I know I'll feel good eventually, when I'm not socially isolated, but right now, I feel really lonely in Melbourne without any really close friends.

I especially hate how empty it feels at my place. I of course always had Mum around for the first 19 years of my life, then my flatmate in Brisbane in 2006, then last year Kate would stay for dinner at least three nights a week. But now that I've had to cut her out of my life to stop being manipulated, it's just me here, with only a tank of fish for company ...

Fuck, I hate sounding like a mopey bastard. Sorry for this post.

No kidding.

I wish we didn't move too far past the 40's. Damn good times. Or at least, fashion wise. Imagine how rocking it would have been if people still had fedoras and suits rather than mullets and t-shirts with obnoxious words in Impact font.

I know, seriously.

Aw man, Axxo. :(

You're in a position that's hard for anybody. Don't feel bad, if I were in Melbourne I'd walk right up to you and give you a big hug.

The Sad Punk said:
No kidding.

I wish we didn't move too far past the 40's. Damn good times. Or at least, fashion wise. Imagine how rocking it would have been if people still had fedoras and suits rather than mullets and t-shirts with obnoxious words in Impact font.

I know, seriously.

:lol: I might not look so wildly out of place. Honestly, I often look at photos from the 1930s or so and think the guys look really cool and well-dressed. Then I hop on the tram and go to uni and it's just a pack of slobs.

Though the social conditions would be intolerable.

Axver said:

Thanks. I'd like to say I have a quick fix or something, but I really don't. I've got to reconstruct my entire friendship circle and that's not easy. I know I'll feel good eventually, when I'm not socially isolated, but right now, I feel really lonely in Melbourne without any really close friends.

I especially hate how empty it feels at my place. I of course always had Mum around for the first 19 years of my life, then my flatmate in Brisbane in 2006, then last year Kate would stay for dinner at least three nights a week. But now that I've had to cut her out of my life to stop being manipulated, it's just me here, with only a tank of fish for company ...

Fuck, I hate sounding like a mopey bastard. Sorry for this post.

it sure as fuck isn't easy. i'm a very extroverted person, but sometimes i can be rather shy too. but you're very lucky. you go to university. it is an easy way to make new friends. especially since you're taking classes with people who share common interests. you were friends with these people for a long time, so it is going to take awhile for this to pass on. but you're an intelligent and very likable person. i really don't forsee you having any problem making friends. :)

and don't be sorry, you don't sound mopey at all. it's a chat thread and we can talk about almost anything here :)

The Sad Punk said:
No kidding.

I know, seriously.

i wouldn't miss uggs either. or raccoon eyes. i should buy stock in eyeliner. i'd be a billionaire.

The Sad Punk said:
Aw man, Axxo. :(

You're in a position that's hard for anybody. Don't feel bad, if I were in Melbourne I'd walk right up to you and give you a big hug.

Thanks. :hug:

Sometimes I wonder if I should move back to Brisbane, but then I barely saw my best friend anyway as he's up in Toowoomba, and I actually have my independence in Melbourne, so I'd go mad in Queensland. I can at least make friends eventually down here, I hope. I can't exactly build the world's largest tram network in Brisbane.

At least I've been able to catch up with Ali, Daniel, and Melissa and they're all really cool, and hopefully soon I'll meet Maj. Panic and Jen and the others too.

You'll be fine, Ax. :) It's been hard for me making friends now that I live in Adelaide, though it's easier to keep in touch with some mates in the country, it's still sort of bumpy.

I own a fedora, and I would wear it in public were it not for the fact that most people who were fedoras in public today are those that paint Warhammer miniatures, have a complete Disturbed collection and wear over-sized t-shirts with airbrushed Sioux Chiefs on them.

unico said:
it sure as fuck isn't easy. i'm a very extroverted person, but sometimes i can be rather shy too. but you're very lucky. you go to university. it is an easy way to make new friends. especially since you're taking classes with people who share common interests. you were friends with these people for a long time, so it is going to take awhile for this to pass on. but you're an intelligent and very likable person. i really don't forsee you having any problem making friends. :)

and don't be sorry, you don't sound mopey at all. it's a chat thread and we can talk about almost anything here :)

I'm very, very introverted. On the Myer-Briggs test thing, I'm an INTJ, with I think 88% on the I. It's weird because I don't seem like a shy person. Just look at how much I've posted here! I've got my debating awards. I tend to dominate tutorial discussion at uni. But they're all places where you're meant to talk, you know? I come, do what I'm meant to do, and go. Interference is rare in that I've gotten more into it and made what I hope are some lasting friendships. But look at how long it took me just to get beyond EYKIW/Tour.

Honestly, I've had horrible trouble making friends at university. I haven't made ANY, truth be told, and I'm starting my third year. Well, I'd count my flatmate from my first year as a friend, but that was due to being flatmates; we only did one class together, and he only took it because I was doing it. I think it's so hard. You talk to people for an hour-long tutorial 10 or 12 weeks a semester (PolSci and History faculties respectively) and then chances are you'll only see one or two of them ever again.

I want to join debating or the political interest society, but I don't know anybody so I don't go.

unico said:

i wouldn't miss uggs either. or raccoon eyes. i should buy stock in eyeliner. i'd be a billionaire.

I can't say I've ever heard of raccoon eyes.

(I expect at least two smartarse "you didn't know raccoons have eyes?" responses.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom