Fake, Nigeria Superthread - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
JanuaryStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: World of Dreams
Posts: 9,159
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
And railways.

Oh wait, that's just me.
Yeah the railways part that's just you But when I think about it, I have a nostalgic feeling about railways and trains when I picture those old, romantic landscapes like in Ireland or Switzerland Okay now I'm nostalgic about that too.
__________________

__________________
JanuaryStar is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #212
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
So when Oluwabukola says he's just waiting until he becomes a prince and then he can pay me back, this is legit?
Naturally. After all, would unsolicited e-mails lie to you?
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #213
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 12:45 AM
Except for the coconuts, does this sound good to any of you?

Recipes : Tomato-Avocado Salad with Lime-Toasted Cumin-Cilantro Vinaigrette : Food Network
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
JanuaryStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: World of Dreams
Posts: 9,159
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hey, MJ, I just noticed your custom user title. I don't suppose it is in any way a reference to this little incident? I studied that last semester at university, and funnily enough it came up in conversation when I saw the ophthalmologist on Wednesday.
No, it's not a reference to that. It has something to do with a song, a story, and my past. More positive references than the sinking of that ship, to be quite honest
__________________
JanuaryStar is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #215
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,691
Local Time: 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Except for the coconuts, does this sound good to any of you?

Recipes : Tomato-Avocado Salad with Lime-Toasted Cumin-Cilantro Vinaigrette : Food Network
Not a big fan of avocodo or cilantro
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
JanuaryStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: World of Dreams
Posts: 9,159
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Except for the coconuts, does this sound good to any of you?

Recipes : Tomato-Avocado Salad with Lime-Toasted Cumin-Cilantro Vinaigrette : Food Network
Hmm that sounds really good I don't like the coconuts either, but apart from those, that recipe sounds really good to try sometime!
__________________
JanuaryStar is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #217
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
Yeah the railways part that's just you But when I think about it, I have a nostalgic feeling about railways and trains when I picture those old, romantic landscapes like in Ireland or Switzerland Okay now I'm nostalgic about that too.
Awesome, I've claimed a victim or something.

I'm nostalgic for all the country railway lines in rural New Zealand that closed before I was born but that I've looked at thousands of photographs of. Not just because I'm a railfan, but because some of them went through the most beautiful countryside, and it'd be nice to stand on the balcony of an old railway carriage while rattling through the backblocks of New Zealand.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:13 AM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
JanuaryStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: World of Dreams
Posts: 9,159
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Awesome, I've claimed a victim or something.

I'm nostalgic for all the country railway lines in rural New Zealand that closed before I was born but that I've looked at thousands of photographs of. Not just because I'm a railfan, but because some of them went through the most beautiful countryside, and it'd be nice to stand on the balcony of an old railway carriage while rattling through the backblocks of New Zealand.
You did claim a victim, or something

Rural New-Zealand looks really nice, from the pictures I've seen of it anyway. Beautiful countrysides equal nostalgic, romantic MJ
__________________
JanuaryStar is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:13 AM   #219
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
Hmm that sounds really good I don't like the coconuts either, but apart from those, that recipe sounds really good to try sometime!
The theme for the potluck is tex-mex, so I figure a Bobby Flay one is a good recipe to try.
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #220
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
No, it's not a reference to that. It has something to do with a song, a story, and my past. More positive references than the sinking of that ship, to be quite honest
I expected something like that, but I had to ask. The bombing of the Rainbow Warrior was easily one of the biggest things to ever happen in New Zealand's history (it is, after all, the only terrorist attack ever committed on New Zealand soil, and by an ally no less!), and since my field is New Zealand history ... well, you can see why it's prominent in my mind. Though I'm more into the 19th century history than the last couple of decades.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
JanuaryStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: World of Dreams
Posts: 9,159
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I expected something like that, but I had to ask. The bombing of the Rainbow Warrior was easily one of the biggest things to ever happen in New Zealand's history (it is, after all, the only terrorist attack ever committed on New Zealand soil, and by an ally no less!), and since my field is New Zealand history ... well, you can see why it's prominent in my mind. Though I'm more into the 19th century history than the last couple of decades.
I've heard about that incident, somewhere deep in my mind a history lesson from the past is popping up Did you study anything similar to history or anything? Or is it just a field of interest to you?
__________________
JanuaryStar is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #222
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
You did claim a victim, or something

Rural New-Zealand looks really nice, from the pictures I've seen of it anyway. Beautiful countrysides equal nostalgic, romantic MJ
Beautiful countrysides equal Axver with notepad in one hand to write whatever the atmosphere evokes, and camera in the other hand to take photos of it. Some of my best childhood memories are going on bushwalks through the foothills of the Tararua Range of mountains just north of Wellington. Thick green woodlands, mountain streams bouncing over rocks, that sort of thing.

I should totally try to find somewhere at least similar to that around Melbourne ...
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
JanuaryStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: World of Dreams
Posts: 9,159
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Beautiful countrysides equal Axver with notepad in one hand to write whatever the atmosphere evokes, and camera in the other hand to take photos of it. Some of my best childhood memories are going on bushwalks through the foothills of the Tararua Range of mountains just north of Wellington. Thick green woodlands, mountain streams bouncing over rocks, that sort of thing.

I should totally try to find somewhere at least similar to that around Melbourne ...
Somehow I felt you could be kind of a nostalgic guy at times, even though we haven't talked a lot yet. Your descriptions made it seem more plausible
__________________
JanuaryStar is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #224
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 12:45 AM
NZ = most beautful place on earth. Between your and gluey's pics, Ax, that's my opinion. I wish I was there!
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #225
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
I've heard about that incident, somewhere deep in my mind a history lesson from the past is popping up Did you study anything similar to history or anything? Or is it just a field of interest to you?
I studied the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior as part of an essay on state terrorism. It's pretty rare, if not unique, in being a terrorist attack authorised by a government (and when I say government, I mean former French President Mitterand) on an ally. You can dig up other examples of one government covertly acting against another during peacetime, but I can't think of any quite like this, where the two governments were actually not just at peace, but allies.

Since my university doesn't actually offer any courses specifically on New Zealand history, I have to work it into other courses where it's thematically appropriate. My passion for Kiwi history was initially evoked when I did a course called Struggle for Universal Human Rights and did an essay on the suffragists in New Zealand, since it was the first country to give women the vote.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com