Face it America, Oasis are Coming - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2004, 08:39 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 08:00 AM
How many times can i use the word 'album' in one post.......see previous post

Old 12-31-2004, 03:36 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by boystupidboy
How many times can i use the word 'album' in one post.......see previous post
Now I notice!

Old 12-31-2004, 03:48 PM   #48
War Child

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
There are better bands out there, but there are also worse.
They have had some really great songs, but they've never seemed consistently good.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:16 PM   #49
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Muse

They have had some really great songs, but they've never seemed consistently good.
I loved Definitely Maybe. So much raw energy: I've always thought of it as the sound of a band discovering who they were. I was 18 and just discovering who I was when it came out, so it was one of those "Soundtrack For Your Life" things - a really corny phrase, but I can't think of any better way to put it.

I'll never forget Noel's comments on how to be successful in the music "industry": "You pick up your guitar, rip a few people's tunes off - preferably dead, so they can't sue you - swap them around a bit, get your brother in the band, punch his head in every now and again, and it sells." Highly amusing and also true in this case!

Their arrogance used to SERIOUSLY piss me off though. That was until I read a comment by Liam, banging on about the Bible:

"I'll tell you about the bible-there's no pictures in it. How can you buzz off a book, right, without no pictures in it? You've got to have one picture floating about. If there ain't no pictures in a book, you can fuck right off! I want to see Jesus getting off his tits and smashing the stalls up. I want to see Jesus walking on wine...or whatever, walking across water going, 'Waaahhyy, I'm a geezer.' But there's no pictures to prove it. So fuck right off. There's no pictures to prove that Jesus turned water into wine, I know he did and I know he's a geezer, but a book without pictures is a shit book."

I found that really funny... it was at that point that I thought, all this arrogance is a show: no-one can be that daft!
Old 01-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #50
Refugee

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
sentimental songs such as champagne supernova and wonderwall only appeal to me for thinking back to junior high days, but otherwise, i think they're pretty lame.

i'm glad they didn't break out too far, and never will.

You could put Oasis's best 20 or so songs against Radiohead and they'd absolutely piss all over them... and "didn't break out too far"??? They've sold the best part of 40million albums! which is roughly 4 times what Radiohead have sold.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:00 AM
pah

I reserve my right to like both Oasis and Radiohead.

The thing is Oasis fans (the beer-swilling, Manchester City-supporting types who like to say 'fook', even if they're from New Zealand) think Radiohead make pansy, difficult music that's impossible to like 'because it ain't got no proper tunes, innit?'

And Radiohead fans (by this I mean the annoying half of atease) think Oasis are crap because they make extremely simple songs and that because they don't list Miles Davis and Autechre as influences, they're utter shit.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:51 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
pah

I reserve my right to like both Oasis and Radiohead.

The thing is Oasis fans (the beer-swilling, Manchester City-supporting types who like to say 'fook', even if they're from New Zealand) think Radiohead make pansy, difficult music that's impossible to like 'because it ain't got no proper tunes, innit?'

And Radiohead fans (by this I mean the annoying half of atease) think Oasis are crap because they make extremely simple songs and that because they don't list Miles Davis and Autechre as influences, they're utter shit.