Euro 2008 --> The Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boring so far, funny to see both coaches shaking hands after the referee sent them off court.

Gosh, the Germans were incredibly weak. Still a very German result though (1-0), only because Ballack had 1 good second with 1 good (free) kick.

And I feel a bit bad for Beenhakker. He still hasn't won a single game on a big tournament (EC or WC) with a national team.
(not with the Dutch team in 1990, nor with Trinidad & Tobago in 2006 and neither with Poland this time)

I'm almost embarrassed we've won. What a disgrace that was. I couldn't believe how after that game the streets here in Berlin could be full with people celebrating this terrible match.
It was more luck than anything that out of a 100 or so shots on the goal and 70 corners the Austrians didn't score a goal.

Gomez shouldn't ever do a match this Euro again.

The final should be Croatia - Netherlands.

And I still don't know what the f*** was going on between Loew and Hickersberger. Just a few days ago Loew reprimanded Schweinsteiger for his stupid behaviour against Croatia, and now he does even more stupid.

right popmartijn and vincent

the Germans were weak because we were strong, but of course they are supposed to be a world class team in compare of Austria being a national team

Austria´s trainer Hicke was stupid, he did not let Vastic play, and Vastic should have come in the last minutes of the first half, because the Germans were already a little nervous that it wasn´t soooo easy. This is a problem, Aufhauser ie. has done nothing in the first two games and just one shot..

Generally the problem of the Austrian team with this EM was that we just did not finalize the goals. We didn´t play miserable, there were a couple of chances, but just missed to score. Every fucking time.

Well now.. I like the Netherlands team, they play great. I like the turkish, the party here after the beat the Czech..

I like the Czech team but with Turkey, these emotions! Imagine 150.000 crazy fans occupating the streets of Ottakring (a district in Vienna) and all the city after the match

Yesterday German fans in the underground. Well they have won this game but we will see against the Portugese. Germans are far from being the best team, they will fly home soon, what a fucking pity.

I hear you on the Turkish fans. Berlin is the largest Turkish city outside Turkey, so you can imagine what it was like after they turned the game in just two minutes. The gas stations must celebrate every win of the Turkish team as well with all the gasoline they sell afterwards.

The last two games of the German team are the fitting revenge for the arrogance the team, the media and the fans developed over here. It seemed as if the question often was not if we reach the final, but how high we win it.

The last two games of the German team are the fitting revenge for the arrogance the team, the media and the fans developed over here. It seemed as if the question often was not if we reach the final, but how high we win it.

Us English are exactly the same when we are in a major tournament, its really quite embarrassing.

The wheels on the German wagon have completely fallen off, you guys looked quite competent in your opening game and its all go down hill. I had a bet that Gomez would win the golden boot too before Euro 2008 started and he's been totally shit :( :lol:

I normally greatly rrespect the German style of play, but you have been quite poor this year.

Us English are exactly the same when we are in a major tournament, its really quite embarrassing.

The wheels on the German wagon have completely fallen off, you guys looked quite competent in your opening game and its all go down hill. I had a bet that Gomez would win the golden boot too before Euro 2008 started and he's been totally shit :( :lol:

I normally greatly rrespect the German style of play, but you have been quite poor this year.

As someone else said (and I'm paraphrasing), David Blaine is pissed because Gomez has beaten his record for spending more time in a box doing nothing.

Bad game last night, Germans got lucky with that Ballack goal.

Too bad about Ribery getting hurt and that red card was harsh but Italians are the better team.

Back
Top Bottom