Emmy Nominations - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #16
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by love2bmama
no Lost love?
Locke got the obligatory nod.

Why are there 5 noms for the leads, but about 6-7 for the supporting roles?

Old 07-20-2007, 02:32 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

I hope Heroes gets best drama, the Office gets best comedy and Rainn Wilson pulls in the supporting actor award!

"Un-shun...never!...re-shun"

Old 07-20-2007, 03:21 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I think it should be up for best Drama series, Lead Actor (Edward James Olmos), and Supporting Actress (Mary McDonnell), especially over Boston Legal, a good show, but come on, fucking Galactica.
Oh, good. I didn't know you meant "I'm loving the BSG non-love" sarcastically. It's absolutely ridiculous this show has been overlooked in previous years, but better late than never, I suppose. It's criminal that so many of the nominees don't deserve it. It's such a popularity contest when Heroes, 24, and Grey's Anatomy (which are so formulaic) are nominated. This is almost as bad as the Grammys.

Lost hasn't been good but not great in Season 3 except for the season finale, but Season 1 was really great, especially the one in which parallels are drawn between Locke's faith in his father and his faith in the island, and sacrifice of Boone. I think it was called "Deus Ex Machina." The Season 3 finale was perhaps the best after this one, though, and it was nominated for Outstanding Writing. Still, no matter how great Lost is, BSG is so much better. I've heard The Wire is amazing, but has never been nominated.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:13 AM   #19
War Child

Jack Coleman was robbed.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:25 PM
All I really care about thisi year strangely enough is the award for animated comedy short.

South Park • Make Love, Not Warcraft FTMFW!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #21
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld

Oh, good. I didn't know you meant "I'm loving the BSG non-love" sarcastically. It's absolutely ridiculous this show has been overlooked in previous years, but better late than never, I suppose. It's criminal that so many of the nominees don't deserve it. It's such a popularity contest when Heroes, 24, and Grey's Anatomy (which are so formulaic) are nominated. This is almost as bad as the Grammys.

Lost hasn't been good but not great in Season 3 except for the season finale, but Season 1 was really great, especially the one in which parallels are drawn between Locke's faith in his father and his faith in the island, and sacrifice of Boone. I think it was called "Deus Ex Machina." The Season 3 finale was perhaps the best after this one, though, and it was nominated for Outstanding Writing. Still, no matter how great Lost is, BSG is so much better. I've heard The Wire is amazing, but has never been nominated.
24 only got a Lead Actor in a Drama nom for Kiefer, which is all it deserved.

I still think the Emmys are the most consistent "awards show" out of all of the major awards shows. The Golden Globes are a "who's the most foreign" contest, which is fine when the right people win, you know? The Oscars have been contrived since the English Patient-Titanic-Shakespeare in Love trifecta in the late '90s. The Grammys... don't even get me started on that pile of shit.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #22
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

24 only got a Lead Actor in a Drama nom for Kiefer, which is all it deserved.

I still think the Emmys are the most consistent "awards show" out of all of the major awards shows. The Golden Globes are a "who's the most foreign" contest, which is fine when the right people win, you know? The Oscars have been contrived since the English Patient-Titanic-Shakespeare in Love trifecta in the late '90s. The Grammys... don't even get me started on that pile of shit.
I really enjoyed The English Patient, but thought Titanic and Gladiator were crap. The Oscars have at least been somewhat in the ballpark in recent years: I've loved films like those by Clint Eastwood, as well as Sideways, and Paradise Now. Even if the best don't always win, some really great ones are nominated.

Hey, I noticed you have that guy from The Office in your avatar. He was on the 3rd season of Six Feet Under, which I've been watching. Pretty great show, although a bit depressing to watch alone -- or even with company.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #23
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Rainn Wilson aka Dwight, I'm so glad he was nominated this year. I've been meaning to watch Six Feet Under, too.