Eek, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People. I hates them.

I'm not sure that quantum optics is the field I want to enter into. I mean, sure, metamaterials and working on invisibility would be fun, but I'm really more of a cosmologist and I'm more interested in temporal quantum mechanics, although nanotechnology has grabbed my attention, as well as superconductivity and nuclear fusion reactors.

I think most people would agree that being able to see makes most fields of endeavour rather easier... although if you get into nanotechnology and biology you might be able to get new eyeballs after you stab yours out. :hmm:

I think most people would agree that being able to see makes most fields of endeavour rather easier... although if you get into nanotechnology and biology you might be able to get new eyeballs after you stab yours out. :hmm:
My thoughts exactly.

You post on the superthread, Vladders. Being weird is a prerequisite.

One of my coworkers seemed astonished today that myself and another coworker were able to have a mutually intelligible conversation about things he and most of the other people present had never heard of (in this case, Gary Numan and Kraftwerk). I was confused about why this sort of thing should be so remarkable... apparently us knowing about things he has no clue about is enough to be considered weird... or "very special" as he put it.

:shrug:

Ashley, how go the preparations?

You post on the superthread, Vladders. Being weird is a prerequisite.

Does putting on someone elses glasses and acting like a Soviet-style nerd for the whole lesson count me as a weird person? :wink:

As long as you didn't do it to be ironic, yes. Otherwise I'd have to slap you.

I also made up an awesome hippity hoppity line to go with it.

Prepare to be amazed.

All the chicks in the house we're doin' some maths
Doin' some sums and doin' some graphs*

*my Physics teacher pronounces it as "gra-ff" not "graaaa-ph".

I really do hope Ax and I have both finished vomiting now. I like spending my weekends not dying! :up:

Still, the fact that the awful vomiting I had on Monday night was not in fact food poisoning means I've still never had food poisoning. Given my sometimes-questionable attitude towards food, this is quite a surprise.

I also made up an awesome hippity hoppity line to go with it.

Prepare to be amazed.

All the chicks in the house we're doin' some maths
Doin' some sums and doin' some graphs*

*my Physics teacher pronounces it as "gra-ff" not "graaaa-ph".

I do hope there's video proof of this somewhere.

I think I used to say "graaaa-ph" (to rhyme with "staff", however you represent that phonetically), but after mockery by my fellow school students I apparently gave up and now I say "graff".

I really do hope Ax and I have both finished vomiting now. I like spending my weekends not dying! :up:

Still, the fact that the awful vomiting I had on Monday night was not in fact food poisoning means I've still never had food poisoning. Given my sometimes-questionable attitude towards food, this is quite a surprise.

I hope so too! Weekends are for gigging and delicious food and watching Dr Who DVDs or other activities of choice. Dying will put a crimp on your style for sure.

You are very lucky... I've only had it once and it is Not Fun.

I figure frying things would kill most of the germs...

Yay home time! :wave:

I think I used to say "graaaa-ph" (to rhyme with "staff", however you represent that phonetically), but after mockery by my fellow school students I apparently gave up and now I say "graff".

I hoped there was, but no.

Given my sometimes-questionable attitude towards food, this is quite a surprise.

To put it mildly. "Is this chicken cooked? I'll just take a bite!"

But "graph" does rhyme with "staff"! i.e. it has a long 'a'. I associate "graff" (to rhyme with "faff") with some particular English accents, like Mum's partner would say it that way - he's from Birmingham.

Mum's partner would say it that way - he's from Birmingham.
Stoopid Sex Pistols. Whenever anyone says "Birmingham," I immediately think of the first lines of "Bodies:" She was a girl from Birmingham / She'd just had an abortion... A lovely song about a lunatic named Pauline who carried her aborted baby around in a clear plastic case. And showed it to Johnny Rotten John Lydon, who promptly freaked the fuck out and then wrote a song about it.

Punk has such a colourful history.

Cat, Graph and Staff all have the same A sound to me.

Rehearsal Dinner just seems like a fun way to relax with the whole party until insanity hits the next day :wink:

"Rehearsal dinner" sounds like one of the many hobbit meals of the day.

I could totally get behind "rehearsing" dinner before dinner itself.

Speaking of dinners ... Alison and Daniel, still no plans for tomorrow pre-Tim Finn?

I'd probably prefer something lighter myself. Charlotte and I have somewhat ODed on Gurkha's, plus that's not exactly light. Not really sure what else is in Richmond or otherwise handy to the Corner.

Not sure which thread you'll see first, but I have this. I'll upload it tonight.

There's an Urban Burger in swan street...Its a bit like Gril'd just not as nice :wink:

There's a few pubs and stuff as well, but yeah. I dunno what time I'll be coming in, and I was still half thinking of going to the footy.....but what time do you need to be a the Corner to get a good spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom