Dumping a tv show. Does it pain you so?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched Desperate Housewives first season, then I lost interest. Don't miss it at all, I watched it last night and it was boring. The novelty wore off quickly for me for that one.

I was into Survivor for the first few seasons but I completely gave that one up too.

As frustrating as they can be I can't ever see myself giving up Lost and Grey's. I have to see what happens on Lost and the characters on Grey's still interest me. I still watch ER after all these years too.

Allanah said:

Thank you. I thought I was the only person on the planet (my age, at least) who doesn't think that show is funny.

It's not and I don't really think it ever was, I always thought of it as "a poor mans Simpsons"...

My wife and I tried to watch "Bones" with David Boreanaz (sp?) of Angel fame. We watched a good 8 episodes (I think) and kept hoping it would get better... It didn't :angry:

On a positive note, I feel patience has paid off with Jericho, I'm not sure if anyone else is watching this but it has been getting pretty good lately. It's not the greatest show out there IMO (Heroes :love:) but it's at least keeping me interested...

elevated_u2_fan said:

It's not and I don't really think it ever was, I always thought of it as "a poor mans Simpsons"...

My wife and I tried to watch "Bones" with David Boreanaz (sp?) of Angel fame. We watched a good 8 episodes (I think) and kept hoping it would get better... It didn't :angry:

On a positive note, I feel patience has paid off with Jericho, I'm not sure if anyone else is watching this but it has been getting pretty good lately. It's not the greatest show out there IMO (Heroes :love:) but it's at least keeping me interested...
We love Jericho, and lost. Lost is starting to get to me because they aren't giving us anything, only more :mad:AGGRIVATION! Heros is good as well. I can't say that I ever dropped a show before it was dropped on me. When we dvr something I do have several I prefer to watch over others. I am over ER, my subby still likes it. They lost me when they killed off Dr. Green! Now there seem to be no more good Dr's on there or main actors/actresses. CSI was cheesy this week. Will probably drop it after this season, waiting to find out if they solve the miniture models case.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
Charmed was a cool show too (Charlie's Angels meets witchcraft) but it jumped the shark.

:yes: Season 1,2 and 3probably still my favorites. But definitely from Season 6 (and 1/2) -The End I completely lost interest.

Family Guy is just getting crap now, its that messed up its just not funny that much any more.

The Same as the Simpsons, but the Simpsons has had more golden years than Family Guy.

I think we all know I lost interest in 24 after Elisha pretty much left :wink:

I don't normally give up on shows, but the creators should have ended Scrubs a year or two ago.

powerhour24 said:
I don't normally give up on shows, but the creators should have ended Scrubs a year or two ago.

I thought Scrubs was awesome last season. Season 6, or the few episodes I've seen from it, have been a bit of a drop off. But I still love the show!

"Desperate Housewives" is the only show I watch on the regular basis nowadays.

Used to watch "Lost" up until the mid second season, then missed out on a string of episodes and just couldn't be bothered to jump back into it, :shrug:

The most bitter break-up for me was probably "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"; absolutely LOVED and worshipped this show through its first three seasons but I felt it just lost it after the gang left the school. The 4th season had some good episodes but I loathed Riley and the whole Initiative/Adam storyline and felt that the show never really recovered afterwards. Plus - and this I felt was the problem with Angel, as well - I felt that the show sort of got wrapped into its own mythology too much and lost touch with the reality, if that makes sense. It's like, both shows started off with the characters living in a real world dealing with real world problems and then slowly moved away from it into their own fantastical universe.

Back
Top Bottom