Download new Coldplay tracks - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 AM   #166
Refugee

Local Time: 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zwervers2

Nice review and funny how people tend to listen to the same song in a completely different way. It's not like this a bad album or anything. I'm a little dissapointed in the band's direction and especially in the singingparts I'm not extremely overwhelmed to say the least. a couple of good to very good tracks but too many "fillers"so to speak. And the Rolling Stone "5" star review is a joke especially mentoining ONE...

Take care everybody
Yeah, I thought it funny that a couple of your favorites were a couple of my least favorites. But, I appreciate that you give it a chance instead of just bad mouthing them like so many here.

Oh, I think Q gave it the five star review. Rolling Stone just gave it three stars.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:01 PM   #167
Babyface

Local Time: 08:54 AM
i've been trying to download it all day but it doesnt seem to be working, could someone please send me the files. thank you all in advance
islanderfan27@yahoo.com

thank you
jason

Old 06-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #168
The Fly

i've been trying to get the mp3s for this cd for a while now (i really like the new version of talk and i want to put it on my girlfriend's new mix). can someone PLEEEEEEEEEEASE send me a zip file with the mp3s?

-I WILL BUILD THOUSANDS OF MASHED POTATO DEVIL TOWERS FOR YOU

-I WILL BUILD YOU A GIANT LEMON WITH A FAIL PROOF EXIT DOOR.

-I WILL RUN AROUND A HEART SHAPED STADIUM TRACK...AND THEN I WILL DO CARTWHEELS ACROSS IT...

...to show my gratitude. thank you.

thewrathofsam@yahoo.com
Old 06-03-2005, 09:28 AM   #169
War Child

Local Time: 05:54 AM
yea, if someone could send me some of these songs, that would be GREAT. I can't wait 4 more days

achtung_lazy@hotmail.com
Old 06-03-2005, 10:55 AM   #170
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:54 AM
I'm late to this party. If someone could send some MP3s my way I'd be very glad!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:43 AM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:54 AM
I think this album is definitely good. Not as great as their first two, but it's not disappointing or anything. Like others have said, no one particular song jumps out at me as absolutely amazing but I think it'll take some time for them to grow on me.

Interesting sound with X&Y
Old 06-03-2005, 04:51 PM   #172
Acrobat

Ok.

I've listened to the album maybe 5 times so I can write my impressions.

I must say, first, that I hate that Coldplay are now so big. I hate that there's a big Coldplay poster with a countdown at HMV since april. I hate that they say they want to be as big as U2. I hate all of this because I think Coldplay are very talentend, and I'm afraid they might become crap because of this success.

After a few listens, I believe X&Y is an excellent album. It's not perfect but it is definitely excellent. It is better than Parachutes (to me - I like organs and some electronic aspects in rock, as are showcased in X&Y) but I'm not too sure where it stands next to the mighty A Rush of Blood to the Head. Like for AROBTTH, it has some weak tracks (A Whisper, Green Eyes compared to Low, Hardest Part maybe). And Like AROBTTH, it has massive, wonderful tracks. Here's my track-by-track impressions after 5 listens (you should note that my opinion of several tracks has changed quite a bit as I got to know them better):

Square One: The first sounds we hear on X&Y defines the album. The first three notes of 2001: A Space Odyssey ring. The synths come in. Coldplay have added more electronics to their sound. At first, I wasn't very impressed with this track; now I like it very much. Very interesting guitars, good chord progression, excellent bassline. A strong song.

What If: Typical Coldplay ballad with piano, slide guitar and falsetto. Beautiful melody and catchy chorus. Beautiful song.

White Shadows: Well well... Now there's no way they can say they don't borrow from U2. This riff is typical Unforgettable Fire-era Edge. If someone had told me that riff was from a BSide from UF, I would've believed him. Nevertheless, the riff is very good and so is the song. The chorus is extremely catchy and features a nice high-pitch guitar. We're far from Parachutes with this track.

Fix You: The album is worth buying just for this track. Once again, Edge is featured prominently in this most awesome track. This is the Amsterdam of X&Y. A simple piano/organ leads the track for the first half. Already pretty nice. But at mid-point, an amazing, simple-reverb-delayed-Edge-guitar riff breaks through and puts the song on a totally different level. It's so simple, yet so good. What I especially like is that they took the time to let this sink in and provided us with a muscial interlude that's just long enough. All 4 members of Coldplay sing the powerful lines of the second half of the song. Best track of the album (after 5 listens), and one of Coldplay's best.

Talk:: I already knew this song from the old version that was leaked ages ago. I loved it very much yet found that it was very similar to Speed of Sound. They totally revamped it before putting it on X&Y. Well that was a wise choice. I like the new version better. It has much more punch and is a definite standout track. This will be awesome, live.

X&Y:: A very minor (musically, that is) verse starts this song. Great verses, with a more typical Coldplay chorus (falsetto...). Another standout track.

Speed of Sound: You all know this track. The piano sounds a lot like Clocks. But the chorus is still pretty memorable. A good tune, but definitely not the best on the album.

A Message: A song that would have fit perfectly on A Rush of Blood to the Head, next to the track of the same name. The synths are gone. This track didn't hit me as it should at first listen. But now I like it very much. A grower, that's for sure.

Low: The weakest track of the album. Interesting but it never really takes off. Features a surprising percussion solo that is very reminiscent of Boy.

The Hardest Part: Somehow, this track reminds me of a mix between Coldplay, REM and Elton John. It has grown on me since the first listen but it won't reach the heights of Talk of Fix You, that's for sure. Still a decent song.

Swallowed In The Sea: Beautiful melody. Even though it is repeated throughout the song, it makes a beautiful little ballad. It never will be a single but will be loved by many fans, I am sure.

Twisted Logic: Another minor song for which the music fits very well the title. Good chord progression and chorus. I love this one.

Til Kingdom Come: "Hidden" track (I don't get this... it's useless). Folksy song. Does nothing for me. Yet.

So there it is. My impressions might - will - change over time.
Despite the hype and the "corporate rock" thing, I think Coldplay produced a very good album.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #173
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
I'm late to this party. If someone could send some MP3s my way I'd be very glad!

elev8mehere@yahoo.com
Old 06-04-2005, 05:57 PM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

Old 06-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #175
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:54 AM
You've got mail, stars
Old 06-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #176
Refugee

FlyYourKite

Could you please send those to me also? i would be eternally thankful!
thefly2333@yahoo.com
Old 06-04-2005, 07:00 PM   #177
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by FlyYourKite
You've got mail, stars

Old 06-04-2005, 07:03 PM   #178
Blue Crack Addict

Ok, FlyYourKite sent me Fix You, X&Y and Swallowed.

Does anyone have the rest?
Old 06-04-2005, 07:34 PM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Can't Wait to get home from work and download this sucker.

If anyone's posting out the full album and they think they could manage to throw me on the cc: column then I will throw back lots of good karma

timothiusnz @ gmail.com
Old 06-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, full album for me please.

Tags
coldplay