Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
So far, we've visited:

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou

Now we're off to the Dominican Republic, home to the first European settlement in the Americas; one of the ten most polluted places in the world, Bajos de Haina; and one of the IP addresses, most likely from an IP masker, of a very sad and humourless prat.

major_panic said:
Ahh, that's where I've heard Crowded House before. We sang Don't Dream It's Over for one of my school Speech Nights; someone called out at the end of one rehearsal "WOW all of a sudden I want to go to New Zealand!"

:lol: That's great. Though Australia would like to claim the Crowdies too. Originally, they had one Kiwi (Neil Finn) and two Aussies. Then Neil's brother Tim joined and it was 50/50. Nowadays, it's one Kiwi (Neil), one Aussie (Nick Seymour, brother of Mark Seymour of Hunters & Collectors fame), and two Yanks.

Axver said:

:lol: That's great. Though Australia would like to claim the Crowdies too. Originally, they had one Kiwi (Neil Finn) and two Aussies. Then Neil's brother Tim joined and it was 50/50. Nowadays, it's one Kiwi (Neil), one Aussie (Nick Seymour, brother of Mark Seymour of Hunters & Collectors fame), and two Yanks.

Yeah. Actually he called it out cause there was a New Zealand tourism ad that showed basically showed the scenic bits of NZ and played that song to it...

Alisaura said:

Not scared off so much as sent to sleep, perhaps :wink:

Yeah, same here. And I have U2 fan friends in Perth :D

:lol: We need to get you into cricket.

I have vineyards to visit and trains to photograph in and around Perth. :drool:

:reject: ok, to sound like a total ass before I DO go to bed for real, how do we see what our post count is for a thread?

Be gentle with me.

Gooooooddddddddddd eveeen'in

ooooh! Travel!! :D

I'd love to go to Northern Territory, coz that's the only state I haven't ventured to I would love to go to Darwin .. they have night markets :D

and Kakadu
:drool:

For the previous thread:

Axver 237
phillyfan26 136
major_panic 100
LemonMelon 100
coolian2 69
gluey 66
mysterious_jen 60
the tourist 40
No spoken words 36
Varitek 35
bono_man2002 34
unico 26
Alisaura 18
WildHoney 17
cinnaminson 13
Screwtape2 8
Canadiens1160 6
Dalton 4
RedrocksU2 4
Lila64 3
TranceEnding 1

major_panic said:

Yeah. Actually he called it out cause there was a New Zealand tourism ad that showed basically showed the scenic bits of NZ and played that song to it...

That was a fantastic ad. Especially compared to the stupid one on at the moment about how "New Zealand's going green and gold".

Axver said:

That was a fantastic ad. Especially compared to the stupid one on at the moment about how "New Zealand's going green and gold".

I'm glad I don't really watch tv anymore... Can't wait for Thank God You're Here to get back on though, it's the only thing apart from Iron Chef and Top Gear that I really watch.

gluey said:
:reject: ok, to sound like a total ass before I DO go to bed for real, how do we see what our post count is for a thread?

Be gentle with me.

On the forum page where all the threads are listed, click on the number of posts and it brings up the tally in a new window. :)

Axver said:

On the forum page where all the threads are listed, click on the number of posts and it brings up the tally in a new window. :)

Thanks Ax....I'll keep you on another day....:D

TranceEnding said:
Gooooooddddddddddd eveeen'in

ooooh! Travel!! :D

I'd love to go to Northern Territory, coz that's the only state I haven't ventured to I would love to go to Darwin .. they have night markets :D

and Kakadu
:drool:

Hey Melissa! :wave:

The Northern Territory sounds good, but a wee bit too hot! I aim to go there someday though.

major_panic said:

I'm glad I don't really watch tv anymore... Can't wait for Thank God You're Here to get back on though, it's the only thing apart from Iron Chef and Top Gear that I really watch.

I've only seen it because of the cricket. I watch the cricket and rugby, SBS World News, Top Gear, Spicks & Specks, and The Chaser. Not so into TV myself.

Axver said:

The Northern Territory sounds good, but a wee bit too hot! I aim to go there someday though.

Wait till the Government has apologised there, and righted their wrongs...

Ok, I've had my taste of the Dominican Republic. Now I MUST go to bed. Have fun y'all....don't do too much whorin' while I'm gone.

TranceEnding said:
Hello Ax :D how'ye doin'

I just love going anywhere .. as far away as possible :D Probably that's why I love Perth so much :drool:

I'm tired! Worn out from all the postwhoring. :wink:

As I've said in the last thread, I really badly want to travel. I'm so poorly travelled. I suppose coming from a pretty poor family didn't help. But I'm such a geography nerd and I'd love to go all these places I've read so much about. I need to at least see another state or two of Australia this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom