Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
Most of the baseball fans on this forum are well informed, but you'd be amazed at how many you meet who claim to be hardcore fans and don't understand it. I work in the business, I know.

The business.

:drool:

Are you insanely high powered???

:)

Dalton said:
Calculus isn't math its magic.

A 135 degree angle has a cosine of negative square root of 2 divided by 2.

How this will help me down the road, I don't know, but you can bet on this next test I'll come close to passing.

phillyfan26 said:

No. I was never very good at baseball despite my love for it. I led the league in getting hit by pitches when I was 10, and spent all of my 11 year old year scared of getting hit by the pitch, and then dropped out at that point. I worked in umpiring for a little bit before I got into the announcing and whatnot.

I also referee basketball during the winter.

Oh. I thought you played. I dig play by play, but am not a huge fan of color.

Varitek said:

DR? Dubai? Toronto? why are we going for such run of the mill place names?

You know the anonymous sad sack who keeps commenting on my blog about Liechtenstein? These are where his IP addresses trace to. I'm pretty sure he's using an IP masker.

phillyfan26 said:

A 135 degree angle has a cosine of negative square root of 2 divided by 2.

How this will help me down the road, I don't know, but you can bet on this next test I'll come close to passing.

I have forgotten all the calculus I ever learned. But I could relearn it easily if I needed to....but I can't imagine I ever will.

No spoken words said:

The business.

:drool:

Are you insanely high powered???

:)

Every area baseball player that's been 12 within the past four years worships at the alter of PFan, almost literally. When their teams aren't playing, they hang around me at the fields. They enjoy my dry (and very PG, in the prescene of children) humor.

They don't enjoy my music selections quite as much.

Axver said:

You know the anonymous sad sack who keeps commenting on my blog about Liechtenstein? These are where his IP addresses trace to. I'm pretty sure he's using an IP masker.

:lmao: I only saw one comment the night we did it - there have been more?

betcha it's either account cancellation requester or mf82

phillyfan26 said:

Every area baseball player that's been 12 within the past four years worships at the alter of PFan, almost literally. When their teams aren't playing, they hang around me at the fields. They enjoy my dry (and very PG, in the prescene of children) humor.

They don't enjoy my music selections quite as much.

You comment about baseball fans was dead on. A lot of people claim to know the game well, but, when you talk strategy and such, they get exposed. I don't lose any sleep over it, who really cares, but it's true. Even at my old job, where we televised baseball out the ass, there was a distinct lack of knowledge beyond stats and standings.

The best is going to a game and listening to the pedantic fans try to "explain" the game to their less knowledgeable friends "Ok, that was a suicide squeeze.....a good time for a squeeze is with the bases loaded and nobody out"

I'm taking pre-Calculus this year, which is a third of a year of algebra, and two thirds of a year of calculus.

Dalton said:

Oh. I thought you played. I dig play by play, but am not a huge fan of color.

Play by play taught me baseball. WEEI Red Sox Radio :up:

Jerry Remy is the best color guy in the world. He is always sloshed, it's great. Once, he decided to read the endorsements while sitting on the floor of the studio backwards, just because.

Dalton said:

Hey fucker,

guess who just went and bought the wire season 2? I had to give two gallons of blood to afford it. I feel too weak to watch it ...

I just watched ep #9 of Season 5 and it kicked my ass....alternately intense and moving. I'll miss this show badly, glad you finally got into it, prick.

Dalton said:
They're not into Hannah Montana yet?

I've convinced no one to listen to more U2 or Springsteen. I'll give Bowie a shot this year.

I refuse to play rap, so it pisses them off.

Hannah Montana :lol:

Varitek said:

Play by play taught me baseball. WEEI Red Sox Radio :up:

Jerry Remy is the best color guy in the world. He is always sloshed, it's great. Once, he decided to read the endorsements while sitting on the floor of the studio backwards, just because.

I know everyone always wants to talk about Harry Carrey, but if God has a voice I bet he sounds just like Ernie Harwell.

Did you ever get a chance to hear him call a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom