Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gluey said:

Saving Whalers? :ohmy:

The history of the struggle of Liechtensteinian whalers, fighting against the odds to whale in a country that is double-landlocked! Most certainly an epic historical tale right there!

Axver said:

The history of the struggle of Liechtensteinian whalers, fighting against the odds to whale in a country that is double-landlocked! Most certainly an epic historical tale right there!

I would certainly agree. Their fight for transport to the coastline would be an epic tale alone!

And now to show my lack of knowledge of all things cricket, yet still unable to hide my horror at purposely reading a story in a magazine today, I now tell you with pride (because I read it and thought of the cricket worshippers here :lol: )....Did you know Adam Parore has signed to play with the rebel Indian Cricket League for 2 years...and more importantly is it wrong I
a) don't give a damn
b) won't miss him
c) cared to tell you in the first place
e) wondered if there were any whales there?

I wasn't even aware Parore still existed! Well, played cricket at least. And yes, will he see any whales?

Axver said:
I wasn't even aware Parore still existed! Well, played cricket at least. And yes, will he see any whales?

Well I guess between mortgaging people, dabbling in art, and keeping Sally's legs apart, he's been forgetting about cricket. Must need to enrich the retirement fund.

Gluey, I agree that the radio station giving away tampons is a problem.

Something more productive should be given away, like condoms.

phillyfan26 said:
Gluey, I agree that the radio station giving away tampons is a problem.

Something more productive should be given away, like condoms.

Absolutely! Condoms are perfectly acceptable. Even Hell Pizza gave them away in a mailout :lmao:......but tampons? :crazy:

gluey said:

Well I guess between mortgaging people, dabbling in art, and keeping Sally's legs apart, he's been forgetting about cricket. Must need to enrich the retirement fund.

:lol:

I love how the two Indian Twenty20 tournaments seem to be bringing all the older cricketers out of the woodwork. Spent all your money too quickly, guys? :wink:

I almost sort of kind of understand the basic premise of cricket:

One guy throws the ball, goal to make the batting player offer without hitting it. The batting guy wants to hit it far enough that he can run back and forth between pieces of wood many times. He keeps hitting till he hits a certain number or gets an out.

I'm also aware of the "Underarm Incident."

^ All above knowledge thanks to watching YouTube videos of cricket. I wish I was kidding.

Work with me, I'm a baseball man.

Is my assessment somewhere near the point of cricket?

phillyfan26 said:
Work with me, I'm a baseball man.

Is my assessment somewhere near the point of cricket?

Pretty much. You largely nailed the batting part. You omitted the part about the bowler trying to bowl the batsman, e.g. by hitting the wickets.

Well, only so much one can learn watching 10 minutes on YouTube. :wink:

I won't try to get you to work out the way American sports are played. :lol:

Ah, but I know how American sports are played. It's part of why I don't like them. I'd probably have less animosity if I hadn't figured them out! :lol:

Incidentally, trying to work out how a batsman gets dismissed LBW (that's leg before wicket) is not something you just learn in a day. I didn't get it until I was about ten!

Axver said:
Ah, but I know how American sports are played. It's part of why I don't like them. I'd probably have less animosity if I hadn't figured them out! :lol:

Incidentally, trying to work out how a batsman gets dismissed LBW (that's leg before wicket) is not something you just learn in a day. I didn't get it until I was about ten!

So, if I were to bitch about Charlie Manuel's ineptitude when it comes to the double switch substitution in baseball, you would follow along, right? :wink:

phillyfan26 said:

So, if I were to bitch about Charlie Manuel's ineptitude when it comes to the double switch substitution in baseball, you would follow along, right? :wink:

Alright, probably not.

This post exists in place of a much longer, rambling, tangental one that I deleted because I don't feel like sparking another sports argument. :wink:

I'm kidding, of course. I'd bet 50% of baseball fans don't understand the fine details of baseball strategy as well as I do. Half of Major League Baseball doesn't use the double switch because their pitchers don't bat!

Ax, why is it called the suicide squeeze?

(my favorite play in its sport)

In fact, just tell me, for which sport do you employ the suicide squeeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom