Does anyone remember when Amazon.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattip2000

New Yorker
would send you book marks with every book you ordered from them, with quotes about how books are more important than food and thing like that on them?

I miss getting the bookmarks :sad:

Cleasai said:
But think of all the fiber you got from it!

*geek mode on*

Actually, paper is cellulose, not carbohydrates, which is what fiber is.

And humans lack the enzyme that can digest this cellulose (termites, however, have it - hence their tendency to have their larvae be found in wood).

So really, if he ate the book, he'd probably just either get severe stomach cramps or nothing would happen.

Then again, it might have passed through him so fast it acted just like fiber. :sexywink:

*geek mode semi-off* (it's never really off... I've learned to accept it).

Last edited:
Ok not exactly related to the thread but it involves Amazon, so if ayone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

In April I ordered 4 DVDS of which only 1 arrived in time, while the others didn't so after month and a half I wrote to them and said my shipment hadn't arrived, costumer service said they looked into it and apparently my order got lost so they sent me a new one, anyway last week everything arrived the first and second shipment, but I wasn't home so the maid accepted everything, any suggestions?

I want to return back one of the shipments obviously but should I only return it to the mail although I think they will want to charge me the shipment since it was accepted at my home anyway how does amazon respond to this kind of situations?

doctorwho said:

*geek mode on*

Actually, paper is cellulose, not carbohydrates, which is what fiber is.

And humans lack the enzyme that can digest this cellulose (termites, however, have it - hence their tendency to have their larvae be found in wood).

So really, if he ate the book, he'd probably just either get severe stomach cramps or nothing would happen.

Then again, it might have passed through him so fast it acted just like fiber. :sexywink:

*geek mode semi-off* (it's never really off... I've learned to accept it).

pffffft. i can digest anything.

or maybe my gi tract is thankful i've never actually ordered anything from amazon.com. or i did, but it was a dvd, and i didn't eat it.

ihateamazon.jpg

I hate amazon.ca. That's right, the whole damn thing!

GibsonGirl said:
ihateamazon.jpg

:ohmy:

Reminds me of fanfire, like when I ordered a shirt and paid extra for next-day shipping. Then six business days later I inquired as to the whereabouts of my order, to which the woman responded, "the next-day shipping starts the day it's shipped." Oh, ok, stupid me for assuming next-day shipping means you'd put the item in the mail the next business day *slaps forehead*

IWasBored said:
i tried to eat one of their books once. i got mixed up.

:lmao:

I don't remember ever getting bookmarks from amazon. When was this, in 1995 when people made webpages about dogs?

GibsonGirl said:
ihateamazon.jpg

WTFSNAKES?

I left a novel I was analyzing at school, and I logged on my mom's Amazon account, and was able to read the passage I needed.

So Amazon.com deserves a large bearhug.

doctorwho said:

[Geek Mode]
IWB is actually a "she" :tongue:
[/Geek Mode]

Yeah I ordered a book a few weeks ago and I finally tracked it...It send they would send it in mid september:mad: :censored:

I remember when Amazon sold books. Maybe they still do, but I can't really tell. I gave up ordering from them when I searched for something and my results came up with a $10,000+ radiation suit. :mad:

It's the same shit with iPod packaging and countless other products.

Maybe a year and a few months ago I got my U2 iPod for Christmas, and it was bundled in a wonderful little origami cube thing, with cute packaging that was all stylish and whatnot.

Now they just stick them in flimsy little boxes. Everyone knows owning an iPod is an all-inclusive experience, from the hype to the reward to the unboxing to the part where the hard drive breaks.

I want my next iPod to have deeeeluxe packaging because I am paying extra for the IDEA of a great media player.

Dammit!

Oh, Amazon.ca, you can burn in hell. :mad: I just got an email from them saying that the CD I ordered was going to be delayed by 4-6 weeks. In 4-6 weeks, I won't even be living here. If you cancel an order, do you get a full refund?

Back
Top Bottom