Does anybody know how to know if....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm, :huh: , I hope you are ESL otherwise it really sounds like you are trying to work out how to burgle a place.

Why dont you ask the business if they have an alarm?

ha ha, my mom works in a law office, dont worry Im not going to do anything. Just need to know so I dont set off any alarms.

I would imagine setting off an alarm to a law firm might be a bit of an issue. Especially if theres case documents on the premises.

Can I ask why you want to get in? :huh:

ha ha, ya my moms out of town, but I need to get into her office to get some things.

macphisto23 said:
whats ESL?

"English as a Second Language".

Judging by your time zone I was guessing you are in Europe. Your post reads like you want to burgle the place and I was hoping your post was just oddly worded and that you actually mean something else.

beli its all good, id never do something like that and risk going to jail- its not worth it.

It would be highly unlikely a law firm especially wouldn't have an alarm. And you want to hope it's not a silent alarm. Ie one that is silent to you in the premises or building, but ringing madly in a monitoring centre.

Im Back- But now Im going to tell all of you the truth, the real story. I dont know why, but I am.
Last week me and my buddies were at a guitar store, and we were just looking around and wishing for money to buy tons of equipment that we need to get our band going. So we left the store, and I was looking around to see if there was another way in the building, and I found a back door that I had know idea where it led but we said wed go back that night and see where it went. We got that door open that night and it was just a outside storage with some lightbulbs, but I found a way that you could open the top vents and climb in the attic, and walk over to the store and drop right inside the store. I was the only brave one and i went by myself and got in the attic, walked over to the building lifted the insalation, and opened the topceiling thing, and was looking into a room full of guitars and equipment, thousands of dollars worth of goods. I started to dangle from the ceiling holding on to the boards but then I got scared that maybe there was an alarm and got the heck out of there, with my friends out of sight, they had already left far away from there. So I decided that I would go back this night by myself and get some things. But I wanted to make sure that there were no alrms of no sort, or whatever. So anyways I just went there I got in I looked around for anything, cameras, anything that could be an alarrm, and there was an alarm on the main door, but nothing else. So I got in, up through the attic, popped down, and dangled again and dropped myself in the building. I went straight to the Gibson guitars holding them and playing them, and then I looked at the amplifiers, and everything else. But my concious hit me, and I said what the heck am I doing, I cant take this stuff, I cant explain the feelings I felt, but I felt really bad at what I was doing, and I said to myself forget this stuff, Im not going to steal it, I couldnt, myself wouldnt let myself(if you know what I meen). Anyways I jumped back up, put everything back in place and left. And I would call my buddies, but its 3am here. Mostly I think I just wanted to see if I could do it, and I couldve, easily stolen alot of things, but theres alot more to life then material goods, and I think honesty is one of the most important, even though its hard to be honest all the time. I just wanted to let that off my chest so I can sleep. Everybody have a goodnight.

great, but you might sleep even better if you went back to the store and advised them about their security hole.

We kinda figured that was what was going on. Or something similar. Well done for not taking anything. Hopefully nothing else was stolen by anyone tonight because your finger prints are all over the goods.

Do you know the manager of the store? Is it possible you could warn him about the security issues especially given other people know about them as well? Or is he likely to have you charged for trespass?

Ask your Mum (the lawyer)

But honestly, resisting the temptation of something like that is amazing. And I pray you would do that again and do as ewen said. Guilty conscience can linger forever.

I dont know the manager of the store, I do know a guy that works there but he rarley is there. I could mention it to him, but I dont kknow if I trust him? Ill see what I can do, I wonder if I left any traces of evidence? I mom is not a lawyer, (ha ha) buttt- she does work at a law office and is the secretary.But Ill probably talk to that dude, and tell him about the way I got in.

the tourist said:
But honestly, resisting the temptation of something like that is amazing. And I pray you would do that again and do as ewen said. Guilty conscience can linger forever.

I agree, if I wouldve stolen things, I wouldnt be able to enjoy them, my conscience wouldve eaten me alive.

beli said:
We kinda figured that was what was going on. Or something similar. Well done for not taking anything. Hopefully nothing else was stolen by anyone tonight because your finger prints are all over the goods.

Ask your Mum (the lawyer)

LOL

macphisto23 said:
I dont know the manager of the store, I do know a guy that works there but he rarley is there. I could mention it to him, but I dont kknow if I trust him? Ill see what I can do, I wonder if I left any traces of evidence? I mom is not a lawyer, (ha ha) buttt- she does work at a law office and is the secretary.But Ill probably talk to that dude, and tell him about the way I got in.

Ask your Mum to get some legal advice first. There are ways of doing things and ways of doing things.

PS You have committed a crime.

Dont mean to come down on you like a tonne of bricks, but you have obtained unlawful entry (I think thats what its called in the USA).

Please seek legal advice. Its better to find some way to come out and be open about it then hide it hoping nobody finds out.

beli said:

Ask your Mum to get some legal advice first. There are ways of doing things and ways of doing things.

Alright Ill do it, thanks- Ill ask my mom, not mum(ha ha) .

beli said:

a bigger crime would have been committed if he had picked up a guitar and played "Stairway to Heaven".

ewen said:

a bigger crime would have been committed if he had picked up a guitar and played "Stairway to Heaven".
HA HA
I actually picked up a Yamaha acoustic and I played Radioheads- Subterranean Homesick Alien.

beli said:

Dont mean to come down on you like a tonne of bricks, but you have obtained unlawful entry (I think thats what its called in the USA).

Please seek legal advice. Its better to find some way to come out and be open about it then hide it hoping nobody finds out.

Beli sorry, but I probably will not be doing that, I will find a way to tell them, but Im not going to seek legal advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom