Do Not Call List?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
Help! :scream:

I just got my phone number about 2 months ago and the longer I have it the more unwanted/solicitation calls I get. I came home tonight to see about 10 calls on my caller id and not one call was from anyone that I know! I had to turn off the ringer on my bedroom phone because someone kept calling super early every Saturday morning and waking me up. :madspit: It's to the point where I'm ready to call the phone company and tell them to cancel my phone. I'll just use my cell phone.

My parents never get any unwanted calls anymore now that they are on the list but my mom doesn't remember how she got on it :huh:

Anyone know how I can get on a do not call list so these freaks stop calling me? :mad:

"You have registered the following telephone number in the National Do Not Call Registry......

This registration will be effective until 1/26/2010.

Please print a copy of this page for your records."

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Companies who've done business with you in the past 18 month, can still call you, even if you're on the DNC list, it's a "Previous Business Relationship" loophole. Simply ask to be added to their DNC list and within a month the calls should stop.

trace the calls and hunt them down

damnit...hunt them down!!!

We have a separate "No Call" list here in Wisconsin that has stricter guidelines than the national "no call" list. Right now, a compant is suing the state agency responsible for Wisconsin do not call list to try and have the federal list/regulations supercede the state list/regulations..

I've been on the DNC list for about 6 months and while the overall amount of solicitations are down were getting more calls from "charitable" organizations who are exempt from the legislation.

:mad:

mt bank calls me at 7pm every sunday night!
and sometimes at 10 on a saturday morning

Every single day we have a message on the answering machine from the newspaper. WE ALREADY GET THE DAMN NEWSPAPER! I think everyone in my house has yelled at them but they keep calling. :crack:

my parents are on the national and state do not call list. they have been since their inceptions, so the calls should've long since stopped. so what do you think they do? answer the phone and tell them this so they'll stop calling? no, they let the machine get it. why i don't know! it's really fucking irritating.

me, i put myself on the dnc AND have caller id and anonymous call rejection (so if they're blocking their number they can't get through) and i've not received one call. and the best part is i'm not paying for any of that, as my local phone service gives me three free upgrades (also have call waiting).

oh, i should also mention that their answering machine defaults to five rings before the machine picks up. it rings five times and then rings and connects (so it's technically six rings). so when i really need to get a hold of them quickly, i could be waiting for like thirty seconds before the phone picks up. then i have to hope one of them is near the machine.

now that the op's question has been answered, i have one: why do people screen their calls for telemarketers instead of picking up and saying "i'm on the national dnc, please stop calling."

Back
Top Bottom