Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:
What is going to happen is barely anyone votes until the finals and important albums. Then casual fans will vote for the songs they know the best. Ziggy Stardust wins end of story. Now if we have an artist that tons of people like then you get high voting for every round.
:yes: it even happens with U2 stuff, which is sad. people will vote to keep your blue room/miss sarajevo for the passengers rounds because those are the only songs they know of, for example. i'm not naming names because i can't remember who did that but i recall several people have done it, it's a shame. if you don't know the whole album, then please abstain.

Screwtape2 said:

Pink Floyd was a disaster at times. What is going to happen is barely anyone votes until the finals and important albums. Then casual fans will vote for the songs they know the best. Ziggy Stardust wins end of story. Now if we have an artist that tons of people like then you get high voting for every round.

Yeah. As much as I hate Radiohead, its Survivor worked. PF Survivor hasn't, what with the woefully low participation for albums like Ummagumma and Obscured By Clouds. I can't believe we had rounds with only six people voting.

I'd dearly love to do a Porcupine Tree Survivor, but it would really just be phanan and I comparing notes.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: it even happens with U2 stuff, which is sad. people will vote to keep your blue room/miss sarajevo for the passengers rounds because those are the only songs they know of, for example. i'm not naming names because i can't remember who did that but i recall several people have done it, it's a shame. if you don't know the whole album, then please abstain.

I loved how, during Passengers, pedokiss voted to KICK OUT Your Blue Room because it was the only song he knew.

I guess we should just stop doing survivors, then, right? I mean, the three most popular acts on Interference are U2, Beatles, and Radiohead. And they've been done. I guess we just stop.

R.E.M. has a pretty big following, too. It's not like their fansite is linked at the bottom of the forum or anything.

Axver said:
:lol: That's the one most people seemed to hate in PF Survivor when A Momentary Lapse Of Reason's round came along.

I sort of like it, though.
lol, i figured as much, probably because it seems the most accessible/poppy or what have you. i don't think it's bad, and i look at it this way. that song enables me to say i like a pink floyd song; if it weren't for it i'd say they sucked, i didn't like any of their stuff. i'm sure some most diehard pf fans would rather me hate the band than like that song, but oh well.

LemonMacPhisto said:
R.E.M. has a pretty big following, too. It's not like their fansite is linked at the bottom of the forum or anything.

Yeah, an REM Survivor would work.

And as much as I hate to say it, so would a Coldplay Survivor.

phillyfan26 said:
I guess we should just stop doing survivors, then, right? I mean, the three most popular acts on Interference are U2, Beatles, and Radiohead. And they've been done. I guess we just stop.

No, I think there are more David Bowie fans out there than we think. I know at least 3 or 4 people on Desert Island IV included a David Bowie track. I know there are Ziggy Satrdust fans out there. :)

I personally think Pedokiss assigned songs to underaged persons and voted them off on that basis.

Arcade Fire does too, expect they only have 2 albums, so a Song Survivor would go really quickly. How about a RHCP or Pearl Jam one? I would personally be ALL over that! ;)

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol, i figured as much, probably because it seems the most accessible/poppy or what have you. i don't think it's bad, and i look at it this way. that song enables me to say i like a pink floyd song; if it weren't for it i'd say they sucked, i didn't like any of their stuff. i'm sure some most diehard pf fans would rather me hate the band than like that song, but oh well.

:lol:

See, I got into Pink Floyd via the Pulse live album, and it's one of the songs on the first disc. I remember enjoying it from the very start. I like the entire first disc. The second is ruined by that godawful wailing in The Great Gig In The Sky.

I'm proud to be the one who called him Pedokiss first.

At least I think was the first.

Screwtape2 said:

Yeah, what's funny about Disneyland?
How about seeing a very HAPPY Walt Disney statue...

IMG_4014-1.jpg

Arcade Fire's too short. RHCP has a much smaller fan base than a Bowie or an REM.

I think simultaneous REM and Bowie would work well.

KhanadaRhodes said:

rem would be fun. i have a good chunk of their stuff already. and coldplay...i'd make sure yellow was voted off, then move on.

Yeah, I'd enjoy an REM Survivor. Might actually motivate me to get the albums I don't already have.

Coldplay ... I'd just want nothing at all to win. To prove they are a huge pack of losers.

Alternatively, I'd register 100 alters just so that Fix You gets the most crushing defeat in Survivor history.

phillyfan26 said:
Arcade Fire's too short. RHCP has a much smaller fan base than a Bowie or an REM.

I think simultaneous REM and Bowie would work well.

I agree.

Axver said:
:lol:

See, I got into Pink Floyd via the Pulse live album, and it's one of the songs on the first disc. I remember enjoying it from the very start. I like the entire first disc. The second is ruined by that godawful wailing in The Great Gig In The Sky.
i think my dad has pulse :hmm:

i didn't realise my dad owned so much pink floyd. sheesh.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm proud to be the one who called him Pedokiss first.

At least I think was the first.

I'm pretty sure I remember where the name came from, but not who created it. Wasn't it in some thread where he thought one of Bono's daughters is hot?

KhanadaRhodes said:

i think my dad has pulse :hmm:

i didn't realise my dad owned so much pink floyd. sheesh.

Your father's cooler than you, Khan.

Cute Irish Bono said:
RCHP?? Everybody knows a song or owns an album by them. I own 4 of their C.D.s.

You need to own all the albums to participate in a particular band's survivor.

I consider myself a fan, but couldn't do it because I only listen to Frusciante era Chili Peppers.

Confirmed (Rumored?): LMP was the first one, in reply to a post where Laz said "Dateline NBC: To Catch a Pepokiss."

phillyfan26 said:
You need to own all the albums to participate in a particular band's survivor.

I consider myself a fan, but couldn't do it because I only listen to Frusciante era Chili Peppers.
same here. the only album i own is californication. i have a handful of other songs, but that's it. i wouldn't feel right voting at all, except for that one round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom