Dinosaur Cove, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd always assumed that it was just created that way, since Paul's often considered nearly a fifth member, like Eno is. And without him, what would they call it? LEBA? BALE? ABLE? Those all sound silly.

What I want to know is why Dik Evans gets left out. He was legitimately the band's fifth member back in the day!

Oh, there are some Prunes fans there too...

And PLEBA doesn't sound silly? It's like WOWY, it only sounds normal cos you've heard/seen it so many times.
I would have lobbied for BLEAP, myself.

Who's making the next thread? Ali, do you have another dinosaur location you want to visit, or a volcano or something?

Or good old Chipping Sodbury or something!

Oh, there are some Prunes fans there too...

And PLEBA doesn't sound silly? It's like WOWY, it only sounds normal cos you've heard/seen it so many times.
I would have lobbied for BLEAP, myself.

No, WOWY has always sounded ridiculous. As do AIWIY, ISHFWILF, etc. I still think PLEBA sounds like the least ridiculous of all the options. Though BLEAP would be hilarious. Kick Adam out of the band, replace him with Eno, and BLEEP would be in business. And you'd be in tears, so.

I think I have the NYE one on CD already... and I suspect I've run out of blank CDs. Noes!!
Not sure if I've actually listened to 30/12/89... :hmm:

You MUST listen to 30/12/89. It has an awesome WOWY, the first and best She's A Mystery To Me, and 11OTT.

Who's making the next thread? Ali, do you have another dinosaur location you want to visit, or a volcano or something?

Or good old Chipping Sodbury or something!
I was thinking of Dorking, just so I could post that pic of Baryonyx again :D

No, WOWY has always sounded ridiculous. As do AIWIY, ISHFWILF, etc. I still think PLEBA sounds like the least ridiculous of all the options. Though BLEAP would be hilarious. Kick Adam out of the band, replace him with Eno, and BLEEP would be in business. And you'd be in tears, so.
Or Eno could replace Edge, the spelling would stay the same, and we could give Edge a concussion so he'd get interested in interesting music again and he could make solo albums forever... :wistful:

You MUST listen to 30/12/89. It has an awesome WOWY, the first and best She's A Mystery To Me, and 11OTT.
Okay, I'll do that then...

I should point out that Edge also has facial hair, and the place goes mad for BonoScruff. And AdamScruff, circa 1984...
(Haven't seen much love for the AdamGoat look, circa 1995. Ick.)

I was thinking of Dorking, just so I could post that pic of Baryonyx again :D

Dooo iiiiit!

Or Eno could replace Edge, the spelling would stay the same, and we could give Edge a concussion so he'd get interested in interesting music again and he could make solo albums forever... :wistful:

Okay, I'll do that then...

Hmm. I think I could support that, since the Captive soundtrack is quality. Alternatively, if concussions induce people to make good music again, let's give them to Bono and Larry.

Cool. :up:

You've got a beard???? :ohmy:

Yeah, haven't shaved since March. Yet I still probably have less facial hair than most men would grow in a single month! It's good. But hard to see in most photos of me since my hair is so pale.

(Haven't seen much love for the AdamGoat look, circa 1995. Ick.)

I fear to ask if Seagull Bono gets any love or not.

Dooo iiiiit!
Ooookaaaay, Iiiii'm dooooiiiing iiiit!

Hmm. I think I could support that, since the Captive soundtrack is quality. Alternatively, if concussions induce people to make good music again, let's give them to Bono and Larry.

Cool. :up:
You'd probably have to hit them a lot harder, since they'd have to go further back in time to the good-music era for them, by your reckoning.
Then again, I can't see you having a problem with that, either.

*goes a-threadmaking*

Yeah, haven't shaved since March. Yet I still probably have less facial hair than most men would grow in a single month! It's good. But hard to see in most photos of me since my hair is so pale.
Well I have been living under a rock....

You would like Adelaide's The Beards. They have beards and sing songs only about, you guessed it, beards. And apparently you get in free into their gigs if you grow, that's right, a beard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom