Dildo, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Bowie ...

Width of a Circle and the title track are my clear number one and two. After that, it's probably between Black Country Rock and Saviour Machine. Not sure.

Thoughts?

LemonMacPhisto said:

It had its moments, but I still think it's the weakest Trek series. Enterprise's last season was better than most of Voyager, in my opinion.

Enterprise had maybe two good seasons. Voyager's first four were better than anything Enterprise ever put on the screen. Deep Space Nine and Next Generation were both better and behind only the original series.

phillyfan26 said:
For Bowie ...

Width of a Circle and the title track are my clear number one and two. After that, it's probably between Black Country Rock and Saviour Machine. Not sure.

Thoughts?

I agree with you about Width of a Circle and the title track. Not sure about the third track though. Saviour Machine did come to mind though.

See, in my opinion, Deep Space Nine is the worst. Not because of the acting, because it is supreme calibre acting.. but it's so god damned depressing. Roddenberry had created the series on a vision of good and adventure and then to bring it to Deep Throat Nine where every fucking thing goes wrong.. it's too close to how we are today.

Star Trek the original series and Next Gen are the best, imo. They let the viewers really dream about the future and that the future truly is better as The Edge says.

It's taken me a long while, but I can watch a full episode of Voyager. All those time episodes still make my head hurt though, from all the series.

/ rant over

Screwtape2 said:

Enterprise had maybe two good seasons. Voyager's first four were better than anything Enterprise ever put on the screen. Deep Space Nine and Next Generation were both better and behind only the original series.

The idea behind Voyager was brilliant, but I didn't find any of the characters likable with the exception of The Doctor and maybe Kirk/Riker-Lite (Paris).

I do agree with you about Next Gen and DS9 though. :up:

And Pfan, I'm not a big fan of The Man Who Sold the World. Those are the only two tracks I like enough to remember.

Is the Great Gig in the Sky really supposed to be some lady just pretending she's a guitar solo?

That said, it's not bad.

The transitions on this album are awesome. I can't say that enough.

This is the best produced album I've ever heard.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm now listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Running diary? Maybe.

lolz

You're just NOW hearing DSOTM for the first time? I know you're poor and have no money for regular music purchases, but damn, dude.

LemonMelon said:

lolz

You're just NOW hearing DSOTM for the first time? I know you're poor and have no money for regular music purchases, but damn, dude.
DSOTM was, like, one of the first albums I ever bought for myself.

:eyebrow: Seriously, Pfan?

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've heard it before and tuned it out, does that count?

Yes. It has to have passed your ears in its entirety, but it doesn't matter whether or not you took pleasure in it or even paid attention.

I get my most restful sleep after listening to it in a pitch dark room on noise-cancelling headphones. :drool:

:eeklaugh: I think I've said too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom