Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:whistle:

So Axver - are you a fan of RUSH? They were on the Colbert Report tonight. I'm sure videos/clips will be up online tomorrow on Comedy Central Official Site - Your Source for Comedians, Funny Video Clips, TV Shows, Games, Jokes, & Ringtones | Comedy Central

Rush are hit and miss for me. Some of their seventies stuff is quality, but I can only take them in small doses. Haven't paid too much attention to their recent stuff. Might be worth checking out just to see what they're up to at the moment. I'm told their latest album actually isn't bad.

IMG_2176.jpg

Didn't come up too bad. I even managed to catch the strobe light going.

First Colbert did an "interview" with them, pretty funny, and I believe they performed Tom Sawyer. But RUSH was woven through the whole show. Apparently one of Colbert's staff members is a huge fan, so music/lyrics/pics kept surfacing. Colbert asked them how they felt about not being inducted yet into the RNR Hall Of Fame, and if there next album would be called "That's Bullshit". Apparently RUSH have not appeared on American TV for 30+ years, so this was a first.

IMG_2176.jpg

Didn't come up too bad. I even managed to catch the strobe light going.

Huh, yeah, that worked out pretty well, all things considered.

So what's the deal with this plane? Regular visitor or was this for something special?

First Colbert did an "interview" with them, pretty funny, and I believe they performed Tom Sawyer. But RUSH was woven through the whole show. Apparently one of Colbert's staff members is a huge fan, so music/lyrics/pics kept surfacing. Colbert asked them how they felt about not being inducted yet into the RNR Hall Of Fame, and if there next album would be called "That's Bullshit". Apparently RUSH have not appeared on American TV for 30+ years, so this was a first.

That's Bullshit? :lol: I'd buy it. How'd they respond?

That's Bullshit? :lol: I'd buy it. How'd they respond?

They laughed.

One of the questions on the cards (from the staffer) asked if the band would sign the host. So all 3 of them proceeded to sign Colbert's hand/arm. Neal said he didn't want to see it ending up on ebay :lol:

Where is everyone tonight?

Just to balance out Ian's plane, and because I'd like to kick on to a new thread.

s640x480

Huh, yeah, that worked out pretty well, all things considered.

So what's the deal with this plane? Regular visitor or was this for something special?

It was so much darker than the photo suggests.

I'd been meaning to photograph it for a while. It's a regular visitor but one of the rarest Airbus aircraft, the A340-200, a small version of the regular A340.

It was due in at 3pm, when I could have got a good photo, but they have a tendency to be quite late.

They laughed.

One of the questions on the cards (from the staffer) asked if the band would sign the host. So all 3 of them proceeded to sign Colbert's hand/arm. Neal said he didn't want to see it ending up on ebay :lol:

Where is everyone tonight?

:laugh: That's awesome.

Seems like the Three Musketeers have all turned in for the night and the Aussie crew's yet to show up in force.

It was so much darker than the photo suggests.

I'd been meaning to photograph it for a while. It's a regular visitor but one of the rarest Airbus aircraft, the A340-200, a small version of the regular A340.

It was due in at 3pm, when I could have got a good photo, but they have a tendency to be quite late.

Ahh, gotcha. What route does it fly?

I must confess, this was the plane that I believe has limited life in Auckland:

IMG_2079.jpg

It flies Santiago - Auckland - Sydney. I don't see it lasting longer with Qantas starting Sydney - Santiago nonstop from November.

I must confess, this was the plane that I believe has limited life in Auckland:

IMG_2079.jpg

It flies Santiago - Auckland - Sydney. I don't see it lasting longer with Qantas starting Sydney - Santiago nonstop from November.

What sort of plane is it? I like the livery.

Aah, Buenos Aries - Auckland - Sydney.

I take it the only reason you can get directly from New Zealand to South America is because they're using planes that can't make it all the way to Australia then?

Just to balance out Ian's plane, and because I'd like to kick on to a new thread.

s640x480

More balance. This came through just a minute later. Talk about pushing a lot through the same platform.

s640x480

It's a LAN Airlines A340-300.

I love the livery. Hope I can get it on a sunny day.

Yeah, that'd be cool. It looks really good. Once the route via Auckland is ditched, what's going to happen to it?

That would be it.

I understand LAN fly more passengers to Easter Island than they do Auckland, not inclusive of the leg to Sydney.

:lmao:

Wow.

Though if they ditch all the routes via Auckland in favour of direct ones, that'd be pretty shit for anybody travelling from New Zealand to South America, wouldn't it? Because then you'd have to head in totally the wrong direction to Australia first.

More balance. This came through just a minute later. Talk about pushing a lot through the same platform.

s640x480

Not a bad effort.

Reminds me of how quickly they get planes out at Auckland.

Rush a plane out ahead of incoming traffic despite the fact there will be 10 minutes after the landing plane before something else happens.

:lmao:

Wow.

Though if they ditch all the routes via Auckland in favour of direct ones, that'd be pretty shit for anybody travelling from New Zealand to South America, wouldn't it? Because then you'd have to head in totally the wrong direction to Australia first.

I don't see LAN lasting much longer because Qantas is starting a direct route to Santiago, and they're in the same alliance.

I don't think Aerolineas Argentinas will pull out quickly, though. Which is fine, I get to see the lovely A340-200 as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom