Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoo TV live version.

The album version is a mess once you hit that part till the end.

Hmm...I suck at tabbing, but I know how to play this particular solo. There's a ton of adlibbing going on there, but here's something from a tab I found that looks accurate:

Now for the solo (I wont tab all the strings here)-

E-----------------------------------------------------------------------
B--20--20--19--15--17(hold)s/---------------20--20--19--15--12(hold)s/--
G-----------------------------------------------------------------------

E------------------------------------------------------------------------
B---20--19--15--17--20--20--19--15--------15--15--14--14--12--12--10--10-
G------------------------------------------------------------------------

B--8--8--7--7--5--5--3--3s/5----------s/10--9--7--5------s/10--9--7--9---
G------------------------------------------------------------------------

B-13b(14)-13b(14)--13b(14)--13b(14)--s/14--14-12-12-12s/10--10s/9--9h10--9-7-
G----------------------------------------------------------------------------

E--------------------------------------------------------------------------
B--5---5h7---s/9--7--5--7--7s/9--7--5--5h7--7s/9--7--5h7-----5--5--7--7--9--9
G----------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-----------------------------------------------
B--10--10--12--12--14--14--15--15--17--17-------
G-----------------------------------------------

Then for the next bit Edge ad libs a lot but this will give you an idea of
what he plays-

E----------12-----------12------------------12----------12---------12--------12
B-s/9----------9--10----------10----s/9-----------10----------s/9--------10----
G------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E------------------16--------16--------16----------------------------12-------
B10--------s/12----------12--------12--------12--------------s/9----------10-9
G-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

E--------------------12----------------------------------12-------------------
B------------s/9----------10--9------------------s/9---------10--9------------
G11--9------------------------------11--9--------------------------------11---

E------------16----------16-----------16-----------
B----s/12----------12-----------12-----------12----
G---------------------------------------------------

That's the exact tab I used for a long time. That last part, though, doesn't sound right at all, to me.

If you could figure out how to tab it, you'd be Music Jesus Part II.

Hi folks. :wave:

Bleh, slept in too much, feel like I've wasted the day.

I was. I set my alarm to get me out of bed at a reasonable time, but when it went off, I just hit it and went back to sleep.

Fun fact I don't want to admit in B&C for fear of execution:

I really don't like the Hold Steady. Hearing that their new album is the best of year makes me like them less.

I've heard a couple of Hold Steady tracks and thought they were rubbish. Shocked?

Also, the band name is dreadful.

How's it going, Ax?

El-Mel, I started watching I'm Not There tonight. Got about an hour in before I started falling asleep, but it wasn't the movie's fault. I'll watch the rest of it tomorrow... I loved what I saw so far though.

Pfan, love the Jokerized stuff. I just finished doing one for Cori.

Every fucking song is about getting drunk. Wouldn't be a big issue if the music sounded rougher than it does.

:laugh:

If it were rougher, though, it'd be Aussie bogan pub rock like Cold Chisel, which still isn't a good thing.

I bring up these random bands because I'm going through all of the '08 records I haven't bothered with.

I've listened to 13 records from the year in full.

How's it going, Ax?

El-Mel, I started watching I'm Not There tonight. Got about an hour in before I started falling asleep, but it wasn't the movie's fault. I'll watch the rest of it tomorrow... I loved what I saw so far though.

Pfan, love the Jokerized stuff. I just finished doing one for Cori.

I enjoyed doing it to Mike and Kanye, especially being able to label it "Why So Serious?" which would be funny in its own right considering the situation they were in.

I bring up these random bands because I'm going through all of the '08 records I haven't bothered with.

I wonder how many I've listened to from this year. Maybe one or two. I still have yet to listen to Viva La Vida, which I intend to do.

Eh, I'm pissed I slept in so late. By this point, I had intended to be going out shopping or something.

I imagine you're feeling a similar way about sleeping away your day?

I know what you mean.

I'm only pissed when I've got something to do that day. Otherwise, it's fine. I'm not much of a morning/early afternoon person.

Can't stay up too late tonight, gotta wake up early to take my senior photos tomorrow. :|

I've listened to precious little from this year. Station by Russian Circles owns, though. What've you played?

Man, parts of it made me want to kill myself. The first half is definitely stronger though. I found the random pattern of cuts from one storyline to the next to be really frustrating.

I enjoyed doing it to Mike and Kanye, especially being able to label it "Why So Serious?" which would be funny in its own right considering the situation they were in.

Oh yes... George Bush does not care about clown people.

I know what you mean.

I'm only pissed when I've got something to do that day. Otherwise, it's fine. I'm not much of a morning/early afternoon person.

Can't stay up too late tonight, gotta wake up early to take my senior photos tomorrow. :|

Same exact day us me, dude. I don't get why they don't do it like every other person, during September. Fuck.

Man, parts of it made me want to kill myself. The first half is definitely stronger though. I found the random pattern of cuts from one storyline to the next to be really frustrating.

I got to when Jude Quinn / Cate Blanchett was riding in the car in London and saw Allen Ginsburg / a bearded David Cross.

I know what you mean by the cuts, but they don't bother me too much. I'll be frustrated if by the end of it I don't understand the director's intent, but for now, I'll let it slide. It's certainly a complex narrative, that's for sure. I'm loving the docu-approach to Bale's character though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom