Desventuradas Islands, Chile Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My tentative DI VI list has 18 songs from before 2000. Which would be a new record for me. :ohmy:

They're not bad. I didn't want to like them either.

But I really didn't want to like Elbow...and I'm finding they're ok

Back. :wave:

No. I'm not that crazy. But no, it's that I kinda like some of the music by Fleet Foxes.

Yeah, I'm kind of worried that I enjoyed their album, especially Your Protector. But ... good music is good music.

I haven't given Elbow a chance. Anyway, as for Fleet Foxes, I guess buying success isn't too terrible. The guy who produced my band's new record was invited by Fleet Foxes to do sound on their tour, but he had too many prior obligations.

gunhouse.jpg

Apparently there used to be a pool in the upper right hand part that really seals the deal. But it's creepy enough for me as is :lol:.

Freaking Al Capone.

Hah, that's awesome. :laugh:

Fuck all. I'm super proud of my DI VI list. I'm calling it final (unless I find something new that I like before we have a new DI).

I get the impression I should enjoy Elbow to at least some degree. I've just been lazy and haven't gotten around to checking out their stuff.

I expected I'd rip Fleet Foxes a new one and got quite the surprise. TV On The Radio's Dear Science lived up - or down - to my expectations though. Worst album I've heard from 2008 thus far.

My current DI lists:

PISS-TAKE LISTS:
1. An all metal list. I'll even record a song myself for it.
2. A sell-out list full of B&C favourites called "I'm Going To Win, Bitches" with a picture of Paul McGuinne$$ on the front.

SERIOUS LISTS
3. An almost entirely instrumental list, with just the last song featuring vocals. I'm quite happy with this so far. I just want to further piss off the "hurrr therez no vockulz" crowd, and I love instrumental music a lot at the moment.
4. A list solely comprised of New Zealand artists.

My current DI lists:

PISS-TAKE LISTS:
1. An all metal list. I'll even record a song myself for it.
2. A sell-out list full of B&C favourites called "I'm Going To Win, Bitches" with a picture of Paul McGuinne$$ on the front.

SERIOUS LISTS
3. An almost entirely instrumental list, with just the last song featuring vocals. I'm quite happy with this so far. I just want to further piss off the "hurrr therez no vockulz" crowd, and I love instrumental music a lot at the moment.
4. A list solely comprised of New Zealand artists.

:hmm: I don't think I could ever do anything but a serious list (at least until I win one of these fucking things).

:hmm: I don't think I could ever do anything but a serious list (at least until I win one of these fucking things).

A number of us are entering piss-take lists in DI VI. LM's Fake List, for example.

I really hope Ian enters a list just of covers of Yesterday.

A number of us are entering piss-take lists in DI VI. LM's Fake List, for example.

I really hope Ian enters a list just of covers of Yesterday.

Well fuck. I wouldn't want to win DI VI due to a lack of serious competition... but then again, it could be my only chance to win.

Hey Bonnie. :wave:

Nearly at 10,000, I see.

Well fuck. I wouldn't want to win DI VI due to a lack of serious competition... but then again, it could be my only chance to win.

Watch out, some of the parodies may be pretty good. I think it's actually bringing out people's creative side.

Of my DI VI list, 17 are from Britain, 20 are American, 1 is French, 1 is from Sweden, and 1 is from Italy.

Most of the music from my DI6 list so far is actually from the 90s.

I iz doomed. But I don't care. I've never EVER been this happy with one of my lists.

Of my metal list, 30 are from the depths of Hell and one is Norwegian.

So I was fucking drunk the other day when I was watching Jaws. you know how drunk? So drunk I just noticed this evening that I changed my user title. And I don't even remember doing it. I only know I did it because it is a Jaws reference, and I EVER so vaguely recall the action.

I thought of putting an Australian artist onto my DI VI list. But everyone seems to hate Jet. :grumpy:

So I was fucking drunk the other day when I was watching Jaws. you know how drunk? So drunk I just noticed this evening that I changed my user title. And I don't even remember doing it. I only know I did it because it is a Jaws reference, and I EVER so vaguely recall the action.

:lmao:

I hadn't actually noticed you'd changed it.

Oh geez, I thought you said "Jews" for a good ten seconds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom