Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I have to get some sleep. I know it's only 2:05am, but still... :wink: :wave:

bedtime.gif

And the test train draws closer. Really wish it had been a fine day, but we haven't had many of those lately.

s640x480

The very northern end of the siding. The train was bloody crawling at this point.

s640x480

:yes: The river is the Waikato, and the bridge is the Tuakau Bridge. It's breathtaking.

Your Dad's view is awesome too Ax!

I assumed it had to be the Waikato, but I was wondering which bridge it was. Way to pre-empt my question. :wink:

I've always said the best part of my father's view is the railway along the side of the harbour, heh. That's Porirua Harbour north of Wellington.

Now we're getting onto my favourite shots.

The Nerdlander, stopped at the furthest end of the siding.

s640x480

All gated in.

"But I wanted to use those rails that go over the road!"

s640x480

The Nerdlander at rest by the buffers while the crew confer.

s640x480

Another angle of the Nerdlander, and believe me, I have plenty more to come! :evil:

:nerd:

s640x480

Not entirely sure why I uploaded this picture as well as the other one, since the angles are so bloody similar, but what the hell. Keep the thread chugging, eh?

s640x480

While I wait for the next batch of train pictures to upload, have a random photo of Pukerua Bay.

s640x480

Bloody hell Ax, a train just sitting there?

That's like when I can find my way into a stadium. I can take a billion photos from a billion angles without being disturbed :drool:

Haha, yeah. I kind of got on a roll and took something like 100 photos in the five minutes it took the crew to have a chat before backing out of the siding.

If i had any sense I'd upload some more plane photos while I'm on the right computer, but can I be bothered?

I've been meaning to upload this stuff for a month. Only got around to it now thanks to this thread. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom