Desert Island V Album Game: FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the playlist you like the most.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, winning is not the main thing... (it's an honor just to be nominated!!! lol) but you cannot deny that if more people like your lists and vote for them, it's a nice feeling. And......... I forget what else I was gonna say! I hate it when this happens. :|

Congratulations to our winner, LemonMelon.

We now have a third member in the DI Championship Circle...

Desert Island I - LemonMacPhisto
Desert Island II - LemonMacPhisto
Desert Island III - phanan
Desert Island IV - phanan
Desert Island V - LemonMelon

Oh no, winning is not the main thing... (it's an honor just to be nominated!!! lol) but you cannot deny that if more people like your lists and vote for them, it's a nice feeling. And......... I forget what else I was gonna say! I hate it when this happens. :|

It is, but I actually preferred having good acclaim and not making it to the semis like what happened this time around, then having people give me shit and get to the next round like what happened during DI4.

Congrats to LM, Hardy, and everyone else who participated... even if you had whale song on your list.

Congratulations to our winner, LemonMelon.

We now have a third member in the DI Championship Circle...

Desert Island I - LemonMacPhisto
Desert Island II - LemonMacPhisto
Desert Island III - phanan
Desert Island IV - phanan
Desert Island V - LemonMelon

This is also a major victory for the Three Musketeers/Mavericks; every one of us has now won something DI-related.

Desert Island I - LMP
Desert Island II - LMP
Symphonic Album Game - Pfan
Desert Island V - LM

Beginning of next year, perhaps in spring. I'll have to get with Axver at some point, as I'm thinking I may want him to play a larger role for the next edition in terms of doing the polls and such.

I would also be glad to help out, if you ever need a break or something. You guys got me here, so it's only fair that I give back. :up:

This is also a major victory for the Three Musketeers/Mavericks; every one of us has now won something DI-related.

Desert Island I - LMP
Desert Island II - LMP
Desert Island V - LM

If we include the mini-tournaments as well, then we would add:

Prog Island - GibsonGirl
Symphonic Island - phillyfan26
Retro Island - phanan

Desert Island I - LMP
Desert Island II - LMP
Desert Island V - LM

The Click with the most, it looks like.

Beginning of next year, perhaps in spring. I'll have to get with Axver at some point, as I'm thinking I may want him to play a larger role for the next edition in terms of doing the polls and such.

I've run the polls for y'all before, i'd be more than glad to do it again if it ever comes down to it :)

I would also be glad to help out, if you ever need a break or something. You guys got me here, so it's only fair that I give back. :up:

I've run the polls for y'all before, i'd be more than glad to do it again if it ever comes down to it :)

Thanks for the offers. I'll keep it in mind when we are ready for DI6.

I'm thinking we take a break through the end of the year with holidays and such, and then perhaps at the beginning of 2009, we do another mini-tournament just before DI6. Seemed to work ok with Retro Island.

Any requests for the next mini?

Desert Island I - LMP
Desert Island II - LMP
Desert Island V - LM

We're not afraid to get mavericky with these lists.

Obviously, I'm against the rock idea because the first disc of my entry this time out was pure rock. DaveC, LMP and I discussed the possibility a hip-hop mini-game, and I think that would be a refreshing change from what we normally do.

Either that, or the all-'60s competition.

I just don't want the hip-hop thing because I'm selfish and want to participate. I literally have no rap songs other than what little rap has been in DI.

A hip hop tournament would be in the cards, I would think. It doesn't get as much attention around here as it probably deserves.

I personally would love doing one that was pre-1970. That would be fantastic and expose a lot of classic music to a lot of people here.

I just don't want the hip-hop thing because I'm selfish and want to participate. I literally have no rap songs other than what little rap has been in DI.

:shrug: It would give folks like you an excellent chance to be introduced to the genre. Plus, there would be no whale songs. That much is certain.

A 1960s one is my second choice because I really want to use this Space Oddity--->See Emily Play segue that I found the other day. :wink:

I suppose so.

I am getting a new laptop soon, so all of my music file acquiring will be simplified exponentially.

but 1987-1993? That seems odd to me. I would think a straight 90's version would be better.

Well, a straight up 90's one would be awesome indeed. But I've always felt that the late 80's early 90's era yielded almost as many great albums as the late 60's early 70's period! I guess I should have just said 1985 - 1995.

Congrats LM! I feel bad cuz I missed the final vote, but I would have given it to you so it's all good

imo for the next tournament let's do a genre one and not a time period one. hip hop would be tight, rocking the fuck out would be tight, and I think a dance list would be really fun, especially because a lot of songs can be construed as dance, so we'd have pretty diverse lists I think. motown, disco, funk, hip hop, R&B, rock, pop, techno, etc...all have dance-worthy songs.

oh yeah and post-rock would be cool too, although maybe for some people that'd be too boring

I think we would have the largest draw with post-rock, but I think that hip-hop would be the most unusual and potentially fascinating choice.

Well, a straight up 90's one would be awesome indeed. But I've always felt that the late 80's early 90's era yielded almost as many great albums as the late 60's early 70's period! I guess I should have just said 1985 - 1995.

That's false, but good try.

Congrats LM! I feel bad cuz I missed the final vote, but I would have given it to you so it's all good

imo for the next tournament let's do a genre one and not a time period one. hip hop would be tight, rocking the fuck out would be tight, and I think a dance list would be really fun, especially because a lot of songs can be construed as dance, so we'd have pretty diverse lists I think. motown, disco, funk, hip hop, R&B, rock, pop, techno, etc...all have dance-worthy songs.

oh yeah and post-rock would be cool too, although maybe for some people that'd be too boring

I'd be down for a FUNK mini-tournament.

I think we would have the largest draw with post-rock, but I think that hip-hop would be the most unusual and potentially fascinating choice.

Yeah hip hop would be fun. If you recall my homie Cody did an amazing list for Space Moon (RIP?) which was almost entirely rap, and it was tight as hell

i vote for hip hop or dance

or rocking the fuck out. I'm good at that

of course I'd be game for post-rock though, seeing as I suggested it and all

We've already done a Prog tourney though... I think something like dance or hip-hop would be great, unless we do an all whale song tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom