Desert Island IX: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a Mac, you click File...towards the bottom you'll see Create New Version....click that and then click create Create Mp3 Version and you'll get a duplicate.

No it actually got to that point on my computer where it would not work unless I bought it. :wink: So I just uninstalled that shit and re-installed the latest version. Now it is back to giving me evaluation versions and stuff. :cute:

Sorry, I was thinking of winrar. I find that software indispensable, especially since it's virtually free.

I at least would really appreciate it if the playlists were in their intended order rather than just the constituent songs thrown into a zip file. Reorganizing them once they are unzipped can be a huge pain in the ass.

This. Put 01, 02, etc. before each track at least.

As I said, if I include an .m3u file, all the listener has to do is drop that into iTunes and it will assemble the various tracks into the appropriate order.

Laz, I've been trying to do this too, but it seems that the playlist file does not work once you move the files out of the iTunes Library folder. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but it's not working for me. I went with the suggestion made by tourist.

Giving my list a final run-through. Really was enjoying it on my trip into work. Let's see how it sustains me through my morning.

Cool. Thanks. I have a PC. :) But my option says "Create AAC version". I think all my files are in aac. Anyway I'm gonna try that.

That's because you have the default set to convert to Apple Audio Codec, which I believe are mp4s or something. To change the output, you'd go to your properties and change the type of import file (you can do stuff like Apple Lossless, mp3, mp4, wav, etc). I'm not on my home computer right now or I'd give you more details but I think maybe it's in the properties tab?

I have a favor to ask that is twofold. I'm going to be on vacation with very little internet access from July 4th until the 16th. Would it be possible, LM, for me to get all of the links for download ASAP so I can start listening ASAP? Also, then, would it be possible to not have rankings due until after, say, July 17th? Likely will have lots of time to listen at work and while on vacation, but I wanna make sure I have everything on my iPod before I go!

In a few hours, I'll PM you the half dozen or so links I have.

Rankings won't be due for at least a month. Originally we had a different time table in place because the groups were set up differently. Right now I think we're going to divide the 20 participants into 4 groups of 5 and run reach listening thread for a week before moving on to the next one. That's a month right there, plus I'll allow one week after listening has concluded to turn in rankings. Add in the time it will take for everyone to turn in their playlists and I guarantee that we won't be having the results thread until late July or early August.

Finally finished listening to my list. Oh man, I was so overwhelmed with trying to fit my "theme" I set for myself this time, that I thought it was horrible. Now that I've heard it without looking at the list, I'm really happy with it. It's not going to win, by any stretch, but I think you guys are going to at least enjoy it.

I started making this list as a joke early last year, and then it turned into a monster that I had to finish.

I didn't really have a theme this time either. Just picked out some songs I really like and titled the list after the final song on the list, which happens to be one of my very favorite songs (and possibly the best lyrics in any song ever).

I, too, named my list after the last track on it, but that was the basis for the theme, so there's that.

I went as unpretentiously as I could as well - reading back through some of those earlier DI mini-essay tempered me, one could say. :lol:

Your first DI list was my favorite of yours.

EDIT: Oh, wait, no your second one was. But I like them both.

Tonight by midnight, yes, but as far as I know, only 10 of the lists are done. Deadline will be extended to midnight next Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom