Desert Island Game II: Qualifying Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• inmyplace13's tracklisting

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Lancemc's tracklisting

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize I'm a longshot to win now, and that's fine, but is there anything in particular you guys loved in my playlist or any new artist you got introduced to and are now interested in?

That's more the point of the whole thing to me.

inmyplace13 said:
I realize I'm a longshot to win now, and that's fine, but is there anything in particular you guys loved in my playlist or any new artist you got introduced to and are now interested in?

That's more the point of the whole thing to me.

I really liked your use of instrumentals. I also really liked First Breath After Coma, Termite Song and Lover's Spit having never heard them before. Your playlist was damn near perfect. I'm appreciating it the more I look at it.

I've never listened to Broken Social Scene before these playlists but I'm eager to now. What should I pick up first?

Screwtape2 said:
I've never listened to Broken Social Scene before these playlists but I'm eager to now. What should I pick up first?

You Forgot It In People is essential, but you can't go wrong with their self-titled either. YFIIP has the original version of Lover's Spit, as well as their biggest songs, the lovely Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old Girl (which I probably would have used had I not had it in the previous desert island game).

So yeah, I'd say start with You Forgot It In People. If you like it, pick up the self-titled too. And if you want to combine your new interest in BSS with your love of my instrumentals, pick up their ambient and atmospheric debut, Feel Good Lost.

I'm glad you enjoyed my playlist.

Heh, I nearly voted against you for including BSS (amongst a few others).

But damn, the entire playlist is just too cohesive and well-structured for me to not vote for it.

Agreed - I liked how imp's playlist flowed as well, and was introduced to some music I hadn't heard before, so in that way, his playlist was very successful for me. In the end, though, I liked more of Lance's songs.

Axver said:

2. The Beatles – “Tomorrow Never Knows / Within You Without You – Love (3:07)
3. Passengers – “Slug” – Original Soundtracks 1 (4:41)
4. Radiohead – “The National Anthem” – Kid A(5:51)
5. The Raconteurs – “Level” – Broken Boy Soldiers (2:22)
6. The Rolling Stones – “Gimme Shelter” – Forty Licks [Disc 1] (4:32)
7. Sigur Rós – “Untitled 4” – ( ) (7:32)
8. Secret Machines – “1,000 Seconds” – Ten Silver Drops (5:15)
9. The Flaming Lips – “Waitin’ For A Superman” – The Soft Bulletin (4:17)
10. Coldplay – “Amsterdam” – A Rush Of Blood To The Head (5:19)
13. U2 – “Mofo” – Pop (5:49)
15. Queen – “Killer Queen” – Sheer Heart Attack (3:00)
16. The Arcade Fire – “Une Année Sans Lumiere” – Funeral (3:41)
24. Bob Dylan – “Thunder On The Mountain” – Modern Times (5:55)

Those are the many reasons I simply had to vote IMP for this round :) And thanks to this playlist (and the obviously love I have for the other songs) I've picked up Spoon, Feist, and Wilco :up:

P.S. Big props on the TSM song... "1,000 Seconds" is possibly the best song they've written...

Honestly I reallty couldn't decide on this one, so I flipped a coin:reject:

Lance got my vote, if you two could combine your playlists I could die happy on that island, but as for now I will settle to try and make sure IMP gets through to the main competition.

I took too long deciding and I didn't get to vote. :|

I was going for Lance's anyway, Electrolite is one of my favourite songs of all time. :drool:

Next round will rock. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom