Desert Island Game II: Qualifying Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• GibsonGirl's tracklisting

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Axver's tracklisting

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadiens1160 said:
Damn, I forgot to register for this shit. My superior taste in music surely would have catapulted me into first place.

internet24591rn4.jpg

I was hoping you'd register, but the spots got gobbled up pretty fast.

It's a hard vote, but I'm casting it for Gibby :up:

I'm doing this next time, I really am. I'd destroy you all easily. :sexywink:

Anyway, I voted GibsonGirl. Why? I actually recognized the majority of what was on it. :|

Screwtape2 said:

That's alright.

Liamcool didn't have links so just skip down to mine.

If we listened to The End on the island it wouldn't be long until it turned into Lord Of The Flies. :wink:

I'll be the one who doesn't go insane.

Sorry for not telling you guys I can't post polls. It didn't dawn on me until I posted the Master List.

LemonMelon said:
Anyway, I voted GibsonGirl. Why? I actually recognized the majority of what was on it. :|

The thing I like about this is there is such an eclectic range of tastes. I'm not going to pick a list just because I recognise more on it. Don't want to ignore a great list full of new songs that I might end up in love with if I give them a chance.
:drool:

Lara Mullen said:

The thing I like about this is there is such an eclectic range of tastes. I'm not going to pick a list just because I recognise more on it. Don't want to ignore a great list full of new songs that I might end up in love with if I give them a chance.
:drool:

:up: Very true. I prefer GG's list, but it doesn't mean the other should be cast off. Axver's list has great variety, even if I'm not as familiar with what he prefers. :yes:

Lila64 said:
Oh, and Axver... no $$$ will be exchanging hands, but you are welcome to send me TimTams. Actually we still have a box here from our friends in W.Australia.

I'll go buy some Tim Tams, but I think I'll keep them for myself. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

That's why we have the links, so you can hear the stuff you don't know. I thought I had a fair bit of well-known stuff too; more than last time anyway.

I think it's tragic people don't know some of the stuff on my list. I'm sure if we had more Kiwis and Aussies voting, I'd be doing better. Ah well, I guess Dave Dobbyn has fallen victim to a case of "world famous in New Zealand" ...

I don't think either list is very obscure to be honest. I liked them both and had a hard time deciding.

Lara Mullen said:
I don't think either list is very obscure to be honest. I liked them both and had a hard time deciding.

Yeah, I took care not to go nuts on the obscure stuff this time, because I easily could've. I realise my list probably seems more obscure to North Americans though, as Kiwi acts have never broken that market and none of my selected Aussie bands had truckloads of success there either.

I could have gone nuts and loaded the playlist with obscure prog though. :drool:

The only problem with that is that most of the tracks would have been long and it would have been even harder to cut stuff. Aiming for a more melodic route made compiling the tracklist easier simply due to the shorter song length allowing more songs to be included.

Gibby, I'm surprised you didn't put Sheep on your tracklisting.

I thought it was your favorite Floyd song? :shrug:

Axver said:

I'll go buy some Tim Tams, but I think I'll keep them for myself. :wink:

That's why we have the links, so you can hear the stuff you don't know. I thought I had a fair bit of well-known stuff too; more than last time anyway.

I think it's tragic people don't know some of the stuff on my list. I'm sure if we had more Kiwis and Aussies voting, I'd be doing better. Ah well, I guess Dave Dobbyn has fallen victim to a case of "world famous in New Zealand" ...

I'll have the tim Tam Chewy caramel and double coat....
aktion033.gif

LemonMacPhisto said:
Gibby, I'm surprised you didn't put Sheep on your tracklisting.

I thought it was your favorite Floyd song? :shrug:

Sheep is my favourite, yes, but I preferred the Aeropause -> Shine On -> Emotional Winter transition. I don't really know where I could have put Sheep. I was going for little musical genre groupings throughout the tracklist...in this case, melodic rock (so Interferers could have something to bob their heads to on the island), post punk, progressive rock, and a combination of indie-ish rock / acoustic rock at the end. It just so worked out that it also got progressively more depressing. :lol:

I almost wanted to abstain from voting. Axver, your tracklist is fantastic. :up:

haha, yes.

I almost put Sheep in mine too, but it didn't fit anywhere and it's 10 minutes long.

that reminds me Axver - I have to pull out the first 3 Marillion CDs to put onto the iPod, assuming the battery is still working :grumpy:

And how dare you keep those timtams for yourself. :grumpy:

Both playlists are amazing. :drool:

I'm going for Gibsongirl's, because it seems more like my type of music, and it has more of the kind of songs I'd like to have in my desert island. :)

Axver's was just :drool:
I had never heard of some of those artists, but I'll certainly be looking into them now, thanks.

New music...:drool:

Very tough match-up, but the inclusion of Midnoght Oil's Forgotten years tilts me in favour of Axver....

Well, after much deliberation, I went with Axver because I tended to enjoy quite a few songs on his list that I didn't know previously. Obviously, I like many of the songs on GG's list as well, and they are ones I mostly know, which made it all that much tougher.

But I liked how Axver's set flowed and liked hearing Anathema (on both lists) and Transatlantic, which makes me want to hear more of them...

Man, that was tough, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom