Desert Island Album Game IV: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting pretentious. My playlist is a 44-track song cycle detailing a dream that a man has during a midlife crisis. However, I had to do some tweaking because the way the tracklisting was written would have been illegal, as it set the scene between each track by describing the situation at hand, environment, and so on. Plus, it would have been tough for someone to just skim through.

LemonMelon said:
I'm getting pretentious. My playlist is a 44-track song cycle detailing a dream that a man has during a midlife crisis. However, I had to do some tweaking because the way the tracklisting was written would have been illegal, as it set the scene between each track by describing the situation at hand, environment, and so on. Plus, it would have been tough for someone to just skim through.

You know if you want to get specific and go song by song you could link a blog entry to your playlist. That's what Axver and I do. :)

Screwtape2 said:

You know if you want to get specific and go song by song you could link a blog entry to your playlist. That's what Axver and I do. :)

Well, what I did was I put together a programme and set it up as part paragraph so people could use it to follow along with the track listing. The rest of the paragraph gives the general themes and a bit of the plot, kind of like the back of a movie box.

LemonMelon said:

Well, what I did was I put together a programme and set it up as part paragraph so people could use it to follow along with the track listing. The rest of the paragraph gives the general themes and a bit of the plot, kind of like the back of a movie box.

I would be interested in that information. You should allow people to see that in some form. :)

Screwtape2 said:

I would be interested in that information. You should allow people to see that in some form. :)

It'll be included in the entry, but I won't be leaking anything. :evil: Rest assured, it's about as large as any DI playlist ever (159:31), and the plot will give you a headache it's so detailed.

Awesome...I've had this playlist sitting around forever now...gonna make huge changes to it, but still. I am ready for this :D

If there is any room left add me away!

I need to get further than the second round this time, which seems to be my natural cut off point in this competition, other than last years first round exit...my pride is at stake:wink:

Last edited:
Filling up very quickly here...

yertle, I'm assuming you want in, so I'll add you to the list. If that's premature, just let me know and I'll remove you.

1. phanan
2. Screwtape2
3. Axver
4. KhanadaRhodes
5. phillyfan26
6. the tourist
7. PlaTheGreat
8. BonoIsMyMuse
9. LemonMacPhisto
10. impy13
11. LemonMelon
12. Lemonchick/Irishteen
13. liamcool
14. bono_212
15. yertle-the-turtle
16. DaveC
17. LJT

I'm thinking of doing something more conceptual this time. I need another day or two to stew over it, though.

You know what would be interesting, to me at least? If playlists were posted anonymously, so that everyone votes only by the playlist. I've wondered in past competitions how much some people have voted based on whose playlist it was rather than on the playlist itself. I have a feeling most of us would have some songs that would give us away, but it would still be interesting to see. Just a suggestion :shrug:

Maggie, your list was awesome last time. :rockon: I voted for it a bunch of times.

Glad to see so many familiar faces show up again. :wave:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm thinking of doing something more conceptual this time. I need another day or two to stew over it, though.

You know what would be interesting, to me at least? If playlists were posted anonymously, so that everyone votes only by the playlist. I've wondered in past competitions how much some people have voted based on whose playlist it was rather than on the playlist itself. I have a feeling most of us would have some songs that would give us away, but it would still be interesting to see. Just a suggestion :shrug:

That's a cool idea. I think people would know who it were based on the style of the playlist, unless they did something radically different. Still, I wouldn't be opposed to this.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea, and had it been suggested any of the previous times when I was running the game, I would have introduced it. Phanan and Screwtape, if you decide to do this, you have my full support.

Of course, my own playlist will be blindingly obvious even without my name attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom