Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

I liked it a lot. I think you really hit upon a mood. A lot of the stuff isn't my favorite kind of music but the way it worked together sort of gave it a location (if that makes sense) that made the whole thing really enjoyable. It has a neat sort of bar quality. You did an excellent job! :up:

Thank you very much. I toiled over segueing, striving to give it texture, and a compliment like that, coming from you, someone who is quite familiar with texture and feel in music, means my hard work was not in vain. :up: I wanted it to feel as much like an album as possible (which is why I chose the two CD template), which was tricky, but I'm glad that came through.

With my entry for Desert Island IV, I'm trying to make it all sound like a single song, which makes segueing even more crucial, but it's a bit easier because I'm going the straight single playlist route next time.

hay guyz which U2 song should I use

right now i am going with do you feel loved but I don't know if it is aggressive enough.

AtomicBono said:
hay guyz which U2 song should I use

right now i am going with do you feel loved but I don't know if it is aggressive enough.

Do You Feel Loved is perfect. :drool:

But, of course, I'm biased; I love that song. :heart:

LemonMelon said:

Thank you very much. I toiled over segueing, striving to give it texture, and a compliment like that, coming from you, someone who is quite familiar with texture and feel in music, means my hard work was not in vain. :up: I wanted it to feel as much like an album as possible (which is why I chose the two CD template), which was tricky, but I'm glad that came through.

With my entry for Desert Island IV, I'm trying to make it all sound like a single song, which makes segueing even more crucial, but it's a bit easier because I'm going the straight single playlist route next time.

Oh, you really captured something special in your playlist. It really does feel like a great album. I'd relate your playlist to a great record that you see a cover of and instantly remember the mood that is locked inside. That is what the best playlists in the Desert Island Game do. That is why a cover can be so great. It just gives the playlist a little more power.

The single song idea worked successfully for IMP and Axver in the last game. Mood can actually make the songs better. It would be interesting to see what you come up with.

Screwtape2 said:

Oh, you really captured something special in your playlist. It really does feel like a great album. I'd relate your playlist to a great record that you see a cover of and instantly remember the mood that is locked inside. That is what the best playlists in the Desert Island Game do. That is why a cover can be so great. It just gives the playlist a little more power.

The single song idea worked successfully for IMP and Axver in the last game. Mood can actually make the songs better. It would be interesting to see what you come up with.

That's high praise. :D I hope that translates to votes, but it would be much sweeter in the longterm if it was something that people actually listened to on a regular basis. Like, for instance, if someone wrote and said that they were still listening to my 2007 playlist in 2010. :)

LemonMelon said:

That's high praise. :D I hope that translates to votes, but it would be much sweeter in the longterm if it was something that people actually listened to on a regular basis. Like, for instance, if someone wrote and said that they were still listening to my 2007 playlist in 2010. :)

With Interference you never know how a match will go. I wonder if anyone listens to my first playlist? I know that after this game it would be neat to be reflective and make top 10 lists of the playlists. It would be a nice nostalgic thing between this game and the next. I know I still listen to GG, Axver and IMP"s playlist from the last game a lot. It would be neat to see which playlists were remembered.

Mountain Dew Ma said:

to further
you may laugh when you see some artists
but i assure you
i am 100% serious with this submission
(and i mean it.)

:up:

I believe you.

maybe I'll just use LMP's list from a prior round, LOL! j/k

Hubby is perusing my iTunes and cruising songs. I'm enjoying listening to options. Oasis :heart:

Lila64 said:
maybe I'll just use LMP's list from a prior round, LOL! j/k

Hubby is perusing my iTunes and cruising songs. I'm enjoying listening to options. Oasis :heart:

:wink:

Now that's a fun group to choose from.

Someone please use "Queen Bitch" by David Bowie, it's fantastic.

:yikes: I didn't know my group til now....why did I have to look...I may need to beef up my playlist with some big guns:hmm:

:hmm: I might give this a go... Or is it a little too late? I don't think I could send a setlist in less than a week... And actually I never made those zip things, but it doesn't seem difficult...

Bonos_Lemon said:
I think it's interesting how I got paired up with AtomicBono, considering that our music tastes are probably the most similar :hmm:

And, of course, a fellow Lemon. :wink:

N00b group, represent! :rockon:

You N00bs won't know what hit you when you go up against us vets...we will kick ass with flow and mind games:cool:

LJT said:
You N00bs won't know what hit you when you go up against us vets...we will kick ass with flow and mind games:cool:

Seriously, you haven't seen my playlist yet. It has already wowed Screwtape and LMP, two of the most important vets in the competition. :wink: It may even win in the upcoming pre-tournament between LMP, Canadiens and I. We'll just have to see. :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom