Desert Island 3 Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the idea about adding a rule about protected song files. i haven't gotten around to downloading everything yet, but i know before i upload my tracks, i do a quick run through and make sure nothing i'm wanting to use is protected. if it is, i either use something else or unprotect it. everyone participating should be expected to do the same thing.

and this is not picking on anyone at all, i haven't come across anyone who has protected tracks yet so i don't even know who did do this. :)

hardyharhar said:
BTW: Khanada and Axver. Got the Swingers cd yesterday, it's seems to have all the songs from both the original Australian Mushroom release and the US MCA one. 14 tracks in all. If your interested, I could probably get Lila to upload next week. :hmm:
ooooh, i'd love this :D

Screwtape2 said:
When you nominate a great match, just say why it was memorable. The nominees from all the games will meet and the top ten will be inducted as Desert Island Classics.

Do we even need to nominate for this one? I think that the most memorable match was easily the three-way Desert Island II final between LMP, U2VF and me that still ended in a tie.

There was a three-way match in Desert Island I that was pretty good too. Brau, LJT, and ... imp? Not sure.

And the ongoing tussle between Amy and Fitz in Desert Island II deserves a mention.

Axver said:

Do we even need to nominate for this one? I think that the most memorable match was easily the three-way Desert Island II final between LMP, U2VF and me that still ended in a tie.

There was a three-way match in Desert Island I that was pretty good too. Brau, LJT, and ... imp? Not sure.

And the ongoing tussle between Amy and Fitz in Desert Island II deserves a mention.

I think of it more like making a list of them. :shrug:

There was also the 16-15 back and forth match between LJT and I. There was the 20-19 comeback semi-final between you and XHendrix. There were a lot of great matches. I think a list of these would be a nice stroll down memory lane. :shrug:

Screwtape2 said:
So are there any people or playlists you'd like to nominate and say a few words about, Axver? :)

Me. Because the rest of you have no taste.

:wink:

Screwtape2 said:

Unfortunately, his links weren't tagged and I didn't have the time to. You have to tag them yourselves matching the track number to the song. Sorry. :reject:

Well I just did this for anyone who's trying to figure out my list:

playlist.jpg

I put the track number on my list, what screwtape labeled them as, and the artist to help you guys out:)

Last edited:
btw, this is set to start tomorrow, right?

i guess now should be a good time to add i'll be out of town for part of this. i'll be out of town from the 14th through the 18th. i get to go on vacation for my birthday :drool:

Since I'm doing the polls, I should probably get emails too when people are going to be out, just so I know what the real totals are in case Khanada isn't around right away to adjust the poll.

take that up with Screwtape & Khanada, phanan :wink:
They have my votes for the first 4-8 votes, depending how many we miss for now

:wave:

I got U2VF's list, and it's going to be hard to listen to all of the static.

Good thing I had about 6-8 tracks beforehand.

...the Bon Jovi track would be hard to listen to regardless :wink:

phanan said:
Since I'm doing the polls, I should probably get emails too when people are going to be out, just so I know what the real totals are in case Khanada isn't around right away to adjust the poll.
i'll forward you the email lila sent me :)

Just a note from a future Hall of Shame inductee. :wave: :sad:

Lila, corianderstem, and anyone else who had trouble playing my tracks, everything should be fixed and ready to go. I apologize again for the delay...took me quite a while to work around the protection issue. Nothing would work at first, not even re-ripping them. I figured it out. After much crying, I think I'm now officially qualified for a correspondence computer science degree from Sally Struthers...I'll be emailing Axver and Screwtape shorty with updated links.

Thanks again. :)

(P.S. It's not too late to vote for me, Lila!) :wink:

Off-topic, but Papa LMP and I still believe the reason all of the children still aren't being fed is because Sally Struthers is eating all of the food. A common joke, I know, but still hilarious.

Yes, got the critics e-mail. I'll vote when I finish listening to all of them. I've listened to about 3/4 of them so far.

Just a few more hours until match #1...:drool:

:crack: Another day until my first match...got to say I'm a bit worried. :uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom