describe the moon as a mirror ball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the rockin edge said:
<mine did:|

:shifty:

it's not a big deal. i can fully understand how people would, and he really isn't the root of all evil. (that would be cheney :wink: ).

seriously, though...the condescending attitude from a lot of people in FYM, that says anyone who votes for Bush is an idiot...it's obnoxious.

VertigoGal said:

seriously, though...the condescending attitude from a lot of people in FYM, that says anyone who votes for Bush is an idiot...it's obnoxious.

yeah.. that's a bit too much. But I seriously could not believe Bush won after all that happened! :|

Hey Reg! :wave:

I haven't seen you participate in that 'u2 aren't that good anymore' thread over at eykiw! how come? :uhoh:

hey reggie :wave:

zootles...well this is my dad's theory: that we were gonna invade a country, regardless of whether it was a democrat or republican. he fucked up royally by disbanding the iraqi army, as well as other things, but 2000 army deaths of a population of 300mil is not significant. regardless of rep/democrat, the president is always breaking the law, the cia is always doing dirty things in the interest of national defense, and we WANT it that way. when they start messing around with civil liberties as far as punishing political opponents and things unrelated to natl defense (see nixon) we get pissed, public opinion turns against that person, the end. so basically bush is essentially like all the rest. :shrug:

sorry this is describe i dont mean to rant :laugh:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
If you voted for Bush you are not an idiot...but he still is..:ohmy:

very true, i completely agree! on a personal level he is very dumb, and i also think he's essentially a good person. but he is not running this country.

:wink:

zootles, i think the reason you are sick of u2 is cos youre paying to much attention to that thread. every single thing in the thread may be true, but whats the point of worrying about it? :wink:

just enjoy the music :drool:

Hey VG...your rant is well read...however, there is a fine line between covertly running programs that some presidents just nod at, and then turn a blind eye. Mr. Bush actually endorsed and signed off on this whole escapade. There has never been a 'clean' president (and most likely never will be), but this stuff is seriously trampling on the democratic process...imo.

OK, I got that off my chest...did Dis go to bed?

VertigoGal said:

zootles, i think the reason you are sick of u2 is cos youre paying to much attention to that thread. every single thing in the thread may be true, but whats the point of worrying about it? :wink:

just enjoy the music :drool:

you know, you may be right! :ohmy:

But I do stand by what I say there that the lyrics have been the problem lately!

The thing is I can't stand it when somebody assumes its the 90s fans that complain and that we just want more experimentation! That's simply not true! :banghead:

yeah, sorry my rant goes against all my ideals, morals, beliefs, etc...i'm just looking at things from an odd perspective tonight :coocoo:

gotta go study about the difference between gonorrhea, chlamydia, and nongonococcal urethritis....some how i'd rather stay here :barf:

VG! Forget VDs! Stay in Describe. :wink:

^ Reg, I'm not sick of them... just a tad bored of them at the moment! :reject: :wink:

< Gotta break out my Revolver cd! :love:

VertigoGal said:
yeah, sorry my rant goes against all my ideals, morals, beliefs, etc...i'm just looking at things from an odd perspective tonight :coocoo:

gotta go study about the difference between gonorrhea, chlamydia, and nongonococcal urethritis....some how i'd rather stay here :barf:

VG it's good to be aware at your age...too many people just don't bother and then they complain when things don't go their way. I :applaud: your insight into what's going on!

Gonorrhea? :yuck:

Stay here with us!

Zootlesque said:

But I do stand by what I say there that the lyrics have been the problem lately!

The thing is I can't stand it when somebody assumes its the 90s fans that complain and that we just want more experimentation! That's simply not true! :banghead:

yeah I agree the lyrics have seemed very lame in spots on the past two albums...but in the end, you just gotta take it for what it is and enjoy it. if there's a single song on an album that i enjoy in anyway, then i'm better off for having listened to it. i think it's so much easier to enjoy music when you look at it that way. :yes:

Ah the 90's U2 fan...:madspit:....:wink:

Did you guys see my latest article here? It's my opinion of the 5 best U2 concert openers. I didn't place MOFO and got my @zz chewed out for it. Sorry, but it didn't do too much for me. In fact I slept walked through most of Popmart.

Back
Top Bottom