DESCRIBE: all I want is a picture of you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VertigoGal said:
^^nah not yet. :angry:

theyre in my city, atlanta (like one of their few dates in the whole of the south)!

Well... you're lucky you're not living in Mobile, Alabama or something! :lol:

:uhoh: :wink:

Wow! Sometimes I complain about living in Jersey. But I can see the advantages we have with NYC, Philly and DC so close.

:drool:

New Jersey is a state, isn't it? I haven't done geography since high school.:huh:

yeah NJ is a pretty cool place...well I've never actually been there, but my best friend is from there, and she's prettycool, so by that logic :yes:

michigan state scored and got the 2 pt conversion, so now their up by 6 and it's the 4th quarter.

:banghead: x infinity

so Atlanta is in Michigan then? I need a atlas:nerd:

NYC:drool:

no, atlanta is the capital of georgia which is a state in the southeastern united states. ohio state is a college and their football team is playing michigan...my dad went to ohio state (he's from ohio) so i support them. :wink:

it's all good, i didn't know cardiff was in wales until like 2 wks ago!

Athens - isn't that in Greece. Cannot compute, cannot compute!!!!:confused::huh:

Zootlesque said:
nope. Atlanta is in Georgia! I loved my trip to Athens and Atlanta in 2001. :heart:

is athens nice? i've only ever driven through there...i usually say i'm leaving this "red" state as soon as possibl, but UGA does seem like a really good school and you can get almost full tuition coverage if you keep a 3.0. :shrug:

^ in georgia there are cities called: athens, rome, dublin, lebanon (i think) and probably others. :wink:

^ Athens was definitely nice. :yes: Nice college town full of mom and pop shops with beautiful awnings! I don't even remember seeing chain restaurants and chain stores there although I'm sure they exist. But the whole place is quaint looking. :heart:

^ Tils, Lots of cities in the US have the same name as cities in Europe! I guess it's because of the early European settlers. :wink:

^Zoots you obviously paid attention in geography/history lessons at school, by the looks of things.:nerd:

I think VG and I need Atlases for our Christmas presents!:wink:

^^ i really do...it's weird. i used to always say it was a barbaric sport (it is :wink: ) and that it was stupid and all kinds of stuff. but this season i've just gotten so into it.

now we're down by 2 w/ 6 minutes left. the idiot referee gave them 15 yards though cos we did a "celebratory dive into the endzone" or something completely ridiculous like that.

^:lol: yeah...actually i can name every country in europe correctly due to an insane teacher, but the cities are way too much for me. :no:

^apparently salt is very important in the history of trade and spread of civilizations and stuff. kind of like gold for the time.

wait i have a question...u2 go on at 9 right? because the ticket says 7:30 and i just realized i need to get ready soon (atlanta has horrible traffic)...i don't wanna be late or anything! :crazy:

i'll probably miss my concert for this goddam football game :wink:

^ I just checked ticketmaster.com for the show at the Philips Arena in Atlanta tonight. Says 7:30 PM. Even if you figure there's a delay and an opening band and stuff and U2 starts at 9.. you still have to build time for the traffic... mucho traffico. :wink:

I have never heard Arlo Guthrie, Vertigo Gal. :reject:

I have come to the conclusion I am an ignoramous when it comes to music. Though I am willing to give anything a listen!!

^^ you are such a southern girl! :lol: :hug:

My old roommate Josh who is from GA gifted me Alice's Restaurant for my birthday once! I haven't watched it much but I do know Arlo's song of the same name from that movie!

^ aww tils. you're not an ignoramous! :hug: I would be surprised if anyone outside of the US has even heard of Arlo. I know that's a bold statement but I'm 200% sure very very few people if not nobody in say, India.. would know about him.

VertigoGal said:
^it's like old american folk, don't feel bad. :lol:

i'll post a ysi though, i feel like sharing the love.

Share the Arlo Guthrie love VG!:hyper:

Seriously - I'd be happy to take a listen. :yes:

Cheers for the link - I am listening now!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom