DB9-Simply INCORRIGABLE? Please VOTE - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: DB9-An Incorrigable BASTARD or NOT?
The guy is hopeless, pathetic..beyond redemption 23 29.11%
Diamond- Please go away. Not mad or sad..Just go away PULEEZ! 20 25.32%
I think DB9 toys with us..makes us think sometimes. Im ok with this -just barely 20 25.32%
Im ok w DB9 and look forward to what is up his sleeve 31 39.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2002, 01:02 PM   #106
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:33 AM
What Melon said.
Gina the pic in my avatar represnts my inner child.

Diamond

Old 08-03-2002, 01:05 PM   #107
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Gina the pic in my avatar represnts my inner child.

must...keep...mouth...closed...

must... not ...type... thoughts....

Old 08-03-2002, 01:12 PM   #108
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

Im glad this thread is working...
Im glad it survived..

Peace-

DB9
Old 08-03-2002, 01:14 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
When I found out he was a car salesman, I kind of chuckled, because, in a similar way, I think he's using that archetypical seedy salesman personality on us.
I chuckled as well, also because his photos carrying Bono around reminded me of Puddy from Seinfeld, also a car salesman.

And for what it's worth, this is another one of those instances where I agree with Melon.

~U2Alabama
Old 08-03-2002, 01:44 PM   #110
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina Marie
Well, I swore I would not post in this thread again, but since I am confused and a fool ..

Diamond, I seriously do not get this. You put on some sort of 'persona' that frankly, and I apologize, but I have to be honest here, comes across as egotistical, chauvinistic (and yes, this part really offends me), and self-serving.

I can understand this at a first glance on the surface.
The whole 'sexy' term usage was memimicking "Morris Day" in the movie Purple Rain..I did a thread for ppl who didnt understand.

Ppl like U2ME3 Like O2 Crazy For Bono understood it..
for the ppl that didnt..I apologize if it was offensive

And honestly I can't spend too much time worrying about it..

Umm well I can understand that.
If you had more interst you would read mt fYM posts and stuff, but thats ok Im ok w not being able to bat 1000 percent

Yes, perhaps most people aren't the same 'in real life' as they are online, but honestly I don't think most people put forth as much of an effort as you seem to do in cultivating an online persona. So if you're really that concerned about this, maybe you should be more of your 'real self' on here and see how people react..:idea:
Good suggesion
Thanks for helping learn to use smiles Gina Marie

Dave
Old 08-03-2002, 02:11 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:33 AM
I really hate to bump this thread..so these are my last comments Diamond. Perhaps you could think about them..And perhaps you should just think about this thread and stop bumping it..forgive me, just an idea..but I guess you feel the need to answer everyone who posts their replies..

I am not just talking about your 'sexy' comments..I'll have to be honest and say that it is also about your NUMEROUS threads and posts re. your 'love life', etc. I'm sorry if this offends you, but I do not care to hear about this. This is something that should be PRIVATE. For example, you commented in a thread about Dave Matthews that a woman you occasionally ___ and yes, those were your EXACT words(and we know what the censored word was) gave you a DM cd. The chauvinism displayed by you is not confined to your use of the word 'sexies' imo. Perhaps you could think about the way you address/talk to some females in this forum as well, and what you choose to share here. I really think that is one part of your 'persona' (if that's what it is) you should leave behind-like you always bring up,what would think of it?

Yes, I have read some of your FYM posts-I don't care to be bull dozed in that forum, so that's why I don't post there often. So I guess you're saying that forum is the exclusive place where the 'real Dave' emerges
Old 08-03-2002, 02:31 PM   #112
ONE
love, blood, life

Gina-
ok.
Note taken
This part of my persona Iam working on..:idea:
Sheesh...Im a work in progress by golly.......
I was drunk that night..but still that is no excuse.

Bono knows Iam single, and not a saint.. an occassional male pig yes, I confess- I will own up to that fact.:idea:
Some girls are ok w it..some are not..
I never force my agenda on them.
I Confess to being-
-a major flirt
-an outgoing personality
-a hopeless romantic.
Iam not a user of women or out to sew wild oats.
I care about women's feelings first and foremost
Sorry.
In the future-
I will attempt to heed your advice a bit more
If I slip up plez dont read those posts.
And in the end if I still make you queasy thats ok, Im not trying to bat a 1000.:idea:

DB9
Old 08-03-2002, 04:05 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:33 AM
Well, intentional or not, Diamond has a good point about on-line personas. You come here and read what people post, you see someone 's name often enough and read their stuff and eventually you get a mental image of what this person is like...and you can't be sure if there's any accuracy to it at all.
I would like to think that in most cases, its a fairly accurate generalization of that person's true self, but obviously in some cases people come here and deliberately create a sort of alter-ego.
Anyway...I think Gina brought up some good points in this specific case, that one has to be careful of what they say because you can offend people. Also you have to remember that as an open forum, there are members of all ages and walks of life, so while the majority may get a laugh out of some things, others may take what's said differently.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:31 PM   #114
Banned

Local Time: 07:33 AM

Yes, and i also love how he is not afraid to kick ass by telling off certain people who really need to hear the truth about themselves......

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

^^ Life's a bitch, so i became one ^^
Old 08-03-2002, 08:11 PM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:33 AM

So who won the election?
Old 08-03-2002, 08:18 PM   #116
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
So who won the election?
Not the ballotbox stuffers
db9
Old 08-04-2002, 12:03 AM   #117
Acrobat

lol.....

Yeah right "ballot" stuffers win all (packin to win...roflmao)...just kidding I'm not in a position to slam you diamond...I wouldn't judge a person for their personality traits unless I knew them......and DB....one of these days I'll share the "squeeze" with ya' and bring him into Scottsdale for a karioke set...we used to go there a lot, not much latley...for now FT Hills is close by and it's kind of fun since the local drama theatre group is usually there....singing U2 (With Or Without you) is how he got my attention and a first date...lol if you hear a great rendition of "Frozen" by Madonna turn around it might be me..lmao

...in regards to Hewson (Paul ?...j/k)

"" I would like to think that in most cases (the online personality is) a fairly accurate generalization of that person's true self, but obviously in some cases people come here and deliberately create a sort of alter-ego.""

...I totally agree and for the most part...the people that I have "talked" to on line weren't misrepresenting their personalities but occassionally you see people "bend the truth" about their relationships...that alone is pretty SAD...makes it look like they are void of a conscience in the long run... I'm not like that...besides, I am a Leo...I don't need to misrepresent myself..I know I'm kinda cute but I really only care that Marc thinks so and like to type almost as much as I like a great conversation...lol...even my boyfriend (love) Marc would tell you I am a happy person...a kid at heart
Old 08-04-2002, 04:25 AM   #118
ONE
love, blood, life

Ms. Rulz
Love both songs.
Glad he delivered for you
Glad he is still delivering

LeoSchmeo ?
Who is Leo?
Im a tiger..hear me roar

When you and Mark are ready give me a shout.

Sincerely-
Dave
Old 08-04-2002, 02:14 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 PM

Online personas?

Well considering i haven't met any Interferencers, i trust them that their online behaviour is an accurate image of their real self. (though i suppose for a few people here i could swear they're doing the persona thing)
And (in my case anyway) i guess there's some character trademarks that come up more prominently, some come up less prominently, and there's even this new character trait that surprised me and i never knew i had it in me.

Having said that, up to a point i think everyone wears a kind of mask, even in real life - because we all want to be at our best when around others.

So Diamond, how come you didn't just post a general inquiry about personas - the way you did this you have to admit it must appear to an observer like it was about you.
Old 08-04-2002, 02:28 PM   #120
ONE
love, blood, life

U2Girl-
One word-
Judgementalism.

Now please read John 15:17

That's why:idea:
DB9
:idea: